View Poll Results: How much will you pay for the Pre?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than $199

24 19.05%
  • $199-$299 (iphone price point)

79 62.70%
  • $300 or more

16 12.70%
  • I have no idea at this moment.

1 0.79%
  • Depends on the device (quality/features/reviews)

6 4.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since price point is just as important as many other things when buying a phone (or anything) how much are you willing to pay while renewing your contract. My question is referring to the most you are willing to pay.
    Last edited by laravia18; 02/23/2009 at 12:20 AM.
    $250
    That depends on whether I am allowed to keep Sero.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'm hoping it doesnt go over 200 but i'd pay 250 at most
  5.    #5  
    Sorry it took so long for the poll to get up. I had to close my laptop to do something important.
    I voted for 199-299, but I'd be ecstatic if it was under 200. Also, i'm assuming I'll be able to keep my current sprint plan.
    Assuming the released version is as expected, I'd even pay $350 for mine. But my wife won't go over $200. As for the kids (high school and college), I've told them I will pay the first $100 when we renew our contract and they will have to pay the extra if they want something nicer. And based on their reaction to the demo videos, I think they will pony up another $100/$150 extra to get Pre's.
    I would pay up to 500... But I'm obsessed with this phone.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    hell, i'd sell my soul if i had a soul to sell.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    hell, i'd sell my soul if i had a soul to sell.
    a souless fellow traveler -- good cheer to you !
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Price is important...the monthly one.
    I vote for $199.

I just renewed my contract in June 08 for a Centro so I'd have to waite til June 10 for the normal incentives.

But as a loyal long time Sprint and Palm smartphone customer, I would love to be able to get it for $199 when it's release.

I don't think it gonna happen for me.

Meanwhile I just bought the TealOS app and it's is great. Nice little upgrade for my device.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    i voted for 199-299, but i'd be ecstatic if it was under 200. Also, i'm assuming i'll be able to keep my current sprint plan.
    +1
    199 or below.

2 years you should get at least a 250 credit. That would put the price at $449. I realize this is cheap for a Plam SMARTphone , But i can hope
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    $150-$200. I may even go up to $250.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Price is important...the monthly one.
    Exactly.

I am also surprised that $150 is not up there. with a two year contract I think there is a good chance the price is likely to be between $150 and $200.
  17. DVF
    Well, I called Sprint the other day to ask when the Pre would be released. The lady told me "sometime in March." She then went on to read me the specs even though I didn't ask =P. Then she got to the price and it looks like it's priced like what some others have said about the Pro. $549 retail minus $150 (2-year upgrade rebate) minus $100 (2-year contract rebate) minus $50 (palm rebate). It ends up being $249.

Given the history of info from Sprint, I have little idea if this is at all accurate. Please take with a grain of salt!
    Quote Originally Posted by DVF View Post
    Well, I called Sprint the other day to ask when the Pre would be released. The lady told me "sometime in March." She then went on to read me the specs even though I didn't ask =P. Then she got to the price and it looks like it's priced like what some others have said about the Pro. $549 retail minus $150 (2-year upgrade rebate) minus $100 (2-year contract rebate) minus $50 (palm rebate). It ends up being $249.

Given the history of info from Sprint, I have little idea if this is at all accurate. Please take with a grain of salt!
    DVF - If this information you're providing us is accurate and true, this is the 1st confirmation we have on prices directly from eiither Palm or Sprint.

Can you elaborate on your conversation? What specs did she discuss? Can we confirm this was not the Pro she was refering to?

THanks
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    iPhone price point. There's no reason it should be more than MAX $350 with 2 year agreement. And considering Palm wants to move as many of these as possible, I'd say $250 is going to be the price.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
  20. DVF
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    DVF - If this information you're providing us is accurate and true, this is the 1st confirmation we have on prices directly from eiither Palm or Sprint.

Can you elaborate on your conversation? What specs did she discuss? Can we confirm this was not the Pro she was refering to?

THanks
    Well, she listed them out with a thick accent. The only things I caught (and can remember now) were she said touchscreen and 3 megapixel camera ("...3 megapixel camera...that's pretty good!"), so I assumed it was the Pre since I know those specs are correct. However, I don't know the specs of the Pro, so if these would work for the Pro as well, sorry.

And for date, she said all it says is some time in March. She did not have any exact date to give.

THen she tried to suggest other phones I might be interested in. LOL.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast