Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any info besides some of the twitter pics that we saw? Any commercials? I got a huge paper to write so i havent been paying attention
    I've been watching them and haven't seen any Pre related commercials. ; (
    Nope, no Pre commercials at all.
    The Pre was MIA.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Maybe the Pre is just an illusion and really isn't coming out.
    Yeah what the hell!? This would have been a perfect time to upstage the iPhone. Make fun of it somehow. Like do a similar commercial with a guy who sounds the same and say "This is the new Palm Pre. This is how you copy and paste. This is how you send MMS messages."

Boom. Phone of the century.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Whatever the commercials are... however the marketing campaign goes, it has to be something pretty impressive.

If you show and make a big deal of copy/paste, only iphone owners and people into gadgets will understand it's a jab at the iphone. Highlighting that sole feature isn't going to get iphone users to switch, and to the normal people who don't even understand that the iphone can't do that will just be confused by the commercial.

I think it would be much better to show off the Pre rather than upstage the iphone on simple missing features.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I agree they should have said SOMETHING though. We got the Simply Everything with Broadband one twice, I think.

So why not throw in some Pre coverage?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I agree they should have said SOMETHING though. We got the Simply Everything with Broadband one twice, I think.

So why not throw in some Pre coverage?
    i saw at least 2 of those commercials as well. I dunno if it's just me, but I get annoyed every time I see a sprint commercial with no mention of the Pre. It just seems like a huge waste of advertising budget.
    Agreed Schnoid. I got angry too watching the AA's. I even get angry when I visit Sprint's website and don't see the Pre on the front page.

I think it's okay though. A product like this isn't going to require an advertising overhaul. I think they may not be advertising too heavily because I'm not sure if Palm is going to be able to handle the initial demand of this phone.
    Palm NEEDS all the initial demand it can get though. Especially if they really are going to wait until summer, which I still hope isn't true.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I agree, the more they wait the more they risk to lose some sells with the new Iphone / new HTCs Android & Windows.
    I want the pre but if it comes out in June, I will wait for the reply from Apple.
    I doubt it will be as late as summer. It just makes little sense as far as the market goes. Analysts say Spring is Palm's best window of opporotunity. I doubt Palm would forsake this unless there was a huge snag.
    That EOL list has almost been spot on except for the week delay of the Pro by the way. That gives me hope.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    I doubt it will be as late as summer. It just makes little sense as far as the market goes. Analysts say Spring is Palm's best window of opporotunity. I doubt Palm would forsake this unless there was a huge snag.
    Yeah maybe on Sprint but I am in the UK, so it is GSM for me :-)
    i'm, w/ you guys - it doesn't make sense to see sprint advertising but no Pre. I would think they should be using all there marketing funds for the pre, ther eit phone (or at least the lions shre of there funds)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    you know Sprint should be trying to make it quick... main reason, they only have exclusivity until 2010... so the longer they w8 the shorter the window is for them to make the money they need to bounce back
  18. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    i'm, w/ you guys - it doesn't make sense to see sprint advertising but no Pre. I would think they should be using all there marketing funds for the pre, ther eit phone (or at least the lions shre of there funds)
    I expect that Sprint will cover most of the advertising costs, somewhat like they did with the Centro--although the Centro was positioned as a niche device and the Pre will be more front-and-center. Most people's estimate here (including mine) is that they'll start advertising it 2 weeks before launch.

I think Sprint's efforts were a big part in making the Centro as popular as it was (and part of why the other US carriers picked it up), and hope they do that again with the Pre since they have the exclusive on it. And maybe--it wouldn't be the first time--some of the coverage out there of things like the 6-month exclusive is wrong.
    What is there to advertise? The phone isn't out yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    What is there to advertise? The phone isn't out yet...
    So? Why do they advertise movies 2 or 3 weeks before release? To get people (who aren't closely following it) excited & interested in it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast