Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I read on Howard Forums that the Pro is coming to Sprint March 11.
    I saw a dummy on display at BB last week so it must be close.
    Sooner the Pro comes out, the sooner for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I read on Howard Forums that the Pro is coming to Sprint March 11.
    I saw a dummy on display at BB last week so it must be close.
    Sooner the Pro comes out, the sooner for the Pre.
    The Treo Pro is made by HTC. its release and that of the Pre are utterly unrelated.

the pro is a fully finished product, that is part of an existing line 700w-700wx-800w, part of a 50million user base of WM, with it s software developed by a different company and its hardware ddone by HTC.

Pro had a release date, was scheduled for Jan 25 launch (actually from FCC documents you can see initial target was as early as November) and delayed by a last minute hitch.

The Pre is a fully new form factor and a fully never never released and broadly tested OS.

Pre has no release date, it has a target window ending Jun 30. It certianly ahs a seried of optimal targer datges that are revices each week. This week Sprint maybe looking at April 19 if zero hiccups occur, and next week they could be looking at May 3. That would all be independent of anything going on with the Pro.
    "The Treo Pro is made by HTC. its release and that of the Pre are utterly unrelated."

Made by HTC? Hmmm... Here's the memo no one sent you...

Treo Pro Smartphone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA
    Quote Originally Posted by jknorr View Post
    "The Treo Pro is made by HTC. its release and that of the Pre are utterly unrelated."

I think he meant that the Treo Pro is manufactured by HTC. HTC does make phones for other companies you know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I think he meant that the Treo Pro is manufactured by HTC. HTC does make phones for other companies you know...
    Oh... well then my bad haha! Deffinitally didn't know that, my apologies...
    Oh... well then my bad haha! Deffinitally didn't know that, my apologies...
    HTC is both a phone manufacturer and ODM. they make the phone like xperia, but nothing on the phone indicates that HTC made them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    HTC doesn't just manufacture the Treo Pro, it fully designed it, contracts all the parts from third parties, engineers their integration, engineers integration for software and features, and manufacturers it.
    Thanks for the memo + drive-by sarcasm
    Palm Treo Pro is designed and made by HTC. Palm puts their name on it -- that is it.

So your posts to date comprise early Feb assurance that you have called many many Sprint reps and 3/4 clearly say the Treo PrPrPre would be released on Feb 15a and this swipe at my factual post?
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    HTC doesn't just manufacture the Treo Pro, it fully designed it, contracts all the parts from third parties, engineers their integration, engineers integration for software and features, and manufacturers it.

Thanks for the memo + drive-by sarcasm
    Palm Treo Pro is designed and made by HTC. Palm puts their name on it -- that is it.

So your posts to date comprise early Feb assurance that you have called many many Sprint reps and 3/4 clearly say the Treo PrPrPre would be released on Feb 15a and this swipe at my factual post?
    Apparently you didn't catch my apology up there!! And to answer you question, yes/no... They clearly said PALM PRPRPRE not treo pre, just like a lot of people on here, I WAS WRONG! I ADMIT THAT! I haven't seen any information that had anything to do with HTC and the pro except the task manager but that's all, and this lead to my uneducated "swipe"...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123