Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcoupe View Post
    I guess you have not heard about the Best Buy thing. Some of those phones will probably be delivered through Best Buy stores.
    What would be your estimate of Best buys share of Sprint sales; 5% or 10%?
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcoupe View Post
    They will have international Pre sales in addition to Sprint.
    And those adverts will be 99% carriers.
    How many Palm stores are in Madrid, Berlin and tokyo? Apple advertises direct in Europe, Palm never has, only by carriers.

And when is that the international sales of Pre will begin?
    The unlocked Pro, the Sprint Pro, and the Pre box in the video are not the kind of boxes we normally get with our smartphones these days. The box is completely iPhone-ish. You can see in the video that Palm worked with someone on the design, etc. compared to previous Treo boxes. Sure the box is going to have Sprint branding on it, but that box came from Palm. It looks nothing like the 755p box, or any of the other Sprint boxes. I'm just saying that everything about the Pre, from the box to the device looks like Palm had the major role in deciding.

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

The organic look, simplicity and austerity you note are indeed Sprint hallmarks, just consider the black and white commercials. Everything about Sprint in its pitched new identity for over six months is simplicity, simple to understand plans, black and white commercials, etc. Even the plans are named "Simply"!

I disagree with you Aero, you actually believe Sprint had anything to do with the organic look, simplicity, etc. of the Pre? That's all Palm doing and design. You're giving Sprint way too much credit. Just because Sprint is making black and white commercials, that doesn't translate to the design of smartphones. The Pre is all Palm.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    The unlocked Pro, the Sprint Pro, and the Pre box in the video are not the kind of boxes we normally get with our smartphones these days. The box is completely iPhone-ish.
    And Sprint slapped a Sprint cover over the Pro box, that is my point. We can be certain they will do that with the Pro.

Sprint is going to be the marketer of the phone. Unless we are going to contend that the dominant and clear pattern of near total adverting by carrier of all smartphones (with exception of iphone which had stores, ipod and murderous brand...and an adverting budget) is going to be turned on its head in the case of the smallest least well capitalized smartphone maker on the market?!?
    Just because Sprint is making black and white commercials, that doesn't translate to the design of smartphones.
    Jimmy what I am pointing to is , to use your word, "simplicity", is a trend that Sprint itself clearly long adopted before we saw it in Palm.

I didn't say Palm got it from Sprint, but simply that this is a sprint trend before we saw anything from Palm

It doesn't go to just their black and white commercials, to goes to other core branding such as "simply everything". Sprint has "simply" in every add they run for nine months.

You say "simplicity" is a Pre hallmark. Hesse has been hammering "simplicity" for the last year.

The Pre is all Palm.
    For now. Not at launch it won't. tNot when Sprint gets done with it it won't be.
    Sprint has $4 billion [B] in cash on hand despite their problems. They run adverting in the hundred of millions per quarter. Palm has what $100 million on hand and needs to pay its employees and won't see big revenue streams to offset costs from sales for a long long time.

Palm has the device right now, they are the ones doing the marketing by leaking, once its launched Sprint will completely dominate the message.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12