1.    #1  
    Excellent!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    lol. Sweet!!
    Well, its not really advertising per se. I mean, its not like they paid for it, but because they won CNet's best in show award, CNet's got that up there.

When I first read the title of this thread and the similar thing on the Palm blog, at first I thought it was going to be that Palm was actually having a billboard of their own, but no dice on that.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Would have been nice if they could have used an image. But it's still something I guess.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Free advertising? Who can complain about that. Continuing to build buzz, without spending a dime. Palm and Sprint must love it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Who can complain about that. Continuing to build buzz, without spending a dime.
    you can bet they spent and spent heavily!
    Definitely looking forward to some real advertising. Can't imagine that Palm & Sprint are going to rely on a grass-roots campaign to get this done, but still anxious to see something from them that hits more than the tech sites and fanboys.

Still very cool to see the Pre getting its face out.
    I'm not sure i'd spend on advertising now if its til summer that you launch.
    Sprint has a massive billboard in Times Square for the Instinct right now (on 42nd St., actually). I wouldn't be surprised to see a Pre take its place when the time comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    you can bet they spent and spent heavily!
    Who do you mean by "they"? This is a CNET ad, not a Sprint or Palm ad. So CNET is paying, not Palm, not Sprint.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    yes yes yes

Good stuff. Free advertising is godd, but just seeing the Pre's name in lights is good as well.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.