1.    #1  
    I noticed a bunch of my friends phones they dont have to dial *67 they can go into options and withold caller id, i wonder if this phone can?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    I noticed a bunch of my friends phones they dont have to dial *67 they can go into options and withold caller id, i wonder if this phone can?
    Why on earth would you need this? Seriously... besides nefarious activities?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I don't think that *67 function is limited by phone - it's by phone service. If whatever phone service you have allows it, I'm sure the Pre can do it
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Privacy matters more to some people.

Also, I've started blocking my number when calling businesses because somehow I got spam calls when I didn't. Makes me wonder if my number got sold. No more spam calls after blocking my number.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Well it is useful if you are a repair technician that is given a company phone to contact customers that you are on the way to their office. That way you can contact the customer and they won't have your number to call you whenever they want.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    In some sticky family situations, a parent (usually a mother) needs to be able to communicate with her co-parent even if he's a loon with a protective order against him, to coordinate visitation priveleges, et cetera. There are plenty of economic relationships that have one-way calling priveleges too (eg, the tech support example already cited).
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I don't think that *67 function is limited by phone - it's by phone service. If whatever phone service you have allows it, I'm sure the Pre can do it
    Right. BUT, the OP was asking if the pre would have an option to block caller ID by default. It seems to me that if software will really have the sort of access to the phone app that Palm says it will, then adding that functionality would not be too difficult.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Far as I'm aware, it's wholly dependant upon your carrier/plan if you can block your number or not. When I was on Prepay I wasn't able to. When I shifted to a Plan, I was suddenly able to.

Not sure what Phone you've got now, but I know that my Treo 680 and now my Treo Pro both had the ability to change that option (show/hide caller id) from somewhere in the software.
    This feature is dependent on your carrier. I found this only on GSM phones as I've been with all 4 carriers and only ATT and Tmo (or unlocked) phones have this feature. However you can use *67 on any phone.