Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I guess they didn't port the PalmOS World Clock app to the Pre. That's what I use for my alarm clock.
    Sprint Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Shake to snooze would be a GREAT feature!

You would need API's for the acceleromator tho?
    Hopefully that doesnt end up in people throwing their phone across the room to turn the alarm off
    Quote Originally Posted by rburna View Post
    Hopefully that doesnt end up in people throwing their phone across the room to turn the alarm off
    That is how i turn my alarm off now1
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Shake to snooze would be a GREAT feature!

You would need API's for the acceleromator tho?
    if you end up making this app with the ability to make an option to somehow make the phone to where i have to not just shake the phone a little, but shake the hell out of it for like a minute straight or something that would be AMAZING. I know that sounds like overkill but i am a really heavy sleeper and if you could combine that with some annoying, loud, weird noises like the cockerel from Online Alarm Clock 's alarm I would buy your APP in a heartbeat!
    Some options or ideas for your alarm would be like an old PalmOS app I have originally written by Jens Rupp I believe - it is called "Big Clock". It was taken over by 9.95Software I believe. It has the ability to show different time zones and timers besides the alarm functions with the ability to have different tones for alarms and timers - very cool program!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Dunno if it's been brought up or considered, but the ability to vibrate when the phone's on silent would be nice. Now, I don't mean setting specific alarms to vibrate, but if I flip the switch on my phone to go to silent, then any alarms that are supposed to go off just vibrate instead.

I use WatchM, and where I swear it used to vibrate, the author tells me it never has.

Anyway, it's a wonderfully useful feature for me if I can get it....
    Last edited by kuoirad; 03/01/2009 at 12:46 AM.
  7.    #47  
    Individual tones for each alarm are already set, that was something that was cool enough to put in there. I may allow a default tone in the configuration though, so if you don't want to have to select a new tone each time you setup an alarm, then you could skip it.

Also for the next version or maybe a 1.1 release which will likely be done before the Pre is released anyway, I was planning on adding a clock page as well as world times. Shortly after that the idea is to get a countdown timer in place, I know it'd be awesome to have my phone do the timer for all kinds of things.

I definitely stand by my option to allow people with suggestions that get put into the program to get free copies when it transitions into a native application, unfortunate it won't be everyone with the same idea, but at least if they're the first person with a particular idea, you'll get a copy.

Some thoughts I had for well after the Pre is out:
    Open alarm by clicking on Pre's clock.
    Rather be a card you'd have to leave open, use the dashboard and allow snoozing there.

More will come, sooner rather than later I hope.
    Sounds awesome Sean!

I would like to suggest a stopwatch along with the timer though.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

How about a setting where the phone screen gets brighter as the alarm progresses? I have a alarm clock with that feature and it's nice to wake gradually sometimes instead of all at once. Another nice feature to have is a tone that starts out very quiet and gets louder if not answered. This way you don't necessarily wake your partner if you get to the alarm fairly quickly. Can be a nice feature when 2 persons are getting up at different times.
    Good luck with all!
    Don't know if this was suggested (I did read the thread but may have missed this suggestion)...a progressive alarm (like the clocks made by Now&Zen). When it goes off, it's a gentle chime and you can snooze it. Then it goes off 5 minutes later - still sleeping, snooze. Then 2.5 minutes later - okay okay, snooze. Etc etc until it's going off every couple seconds. Very gentle way of waking up (much better than the harsh buzz/klaxon alarms).
  11.    #51  
    Diabolical & Kokaku, both of those progressive options sounds great! One problem I have is that webkit may not allow for opacity on a background color, I don't think it worked for safari, but that just means I'd have to include a few k in additional png files to handle the variable transparency.

On an availability front, I ran into some unforseen hangups during testing today.

Don't you hate when your software or hardware makers leave it at that? Me too, so if you're curious, here's more details: I tested on an ipod Touch today, and then asked my boss about the option and both had the same result. Safari Mobile doesn't support <input type="file">. You don't upload files to flickr via the browser, it takes uploads via email. Well I'm not allowing uploads, but I was going to allow you to select a file on your local file system to play as your alarm tone. Hopefully it will work on the Pre, but in the meantime to try it out on the iphone, I'll setup a default sound on the server that hopefully the iphone will play on cue.
    Keep the good work up! I am really excited about this. Palm should hire you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123