Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard of any remote desktop partners/developers on board for the Pre?

I was just thinking that a remote desktop app plus a POS emulator would be awesome!
    And I really could use a good app for this regardless.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Can we agree not to call Palm OS P.O.S? I keep thinking why would somebody make a Vista emulator for WebOS? :-)

I think remote desktop would be cool too. Might be tricky with the touch screen not being compatible with a stylus though.
    I remember they announce one for the Foleo but havnt heard anything for the Pre yet.
    I cannot even imagine trying to Remote in without having a stylus.

I like the idea of being able to as it would be helpful but I think usability would be spotty. Because of that I believe it would be up to a 3rd party source to create one.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I cannot even imagine trying to Remote in without having a stylus.

I like the idea of being able to as it would be helpful but I think usability would be spotty. Because of that I believe it would be up to a 3rd party source to create one.
    as long as we're able to zoom a stylus wouldn't be important at least not for me. When I was still using my 755 I stopped using my stylus and even kept it that way when I moved to the touch and touch diamond.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    I was able to find this, but it appears its not a 'standard' Remote Desktop or VNC implementation, and instead requires a Java application to be running on the server:

AJAX Remote Desktop Viewer

I've used rdesktop to mess around with the Windows Remote Desktop on my n800 running Linux, so I'd imagine if there ends up being a way to get Linux packages installed then that would be a solution as well.