Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    According to USA Today, there will be a Palm Pre in every SWAG bag for the Oscar Nominees. No stepping back the swag, just the Oscar parties - USATODAY.com

So does that mean they come with Sprint Service or are they no-service models?

Also, does this imply they are coming out soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by StewFalcon View Post
    According to USA Today, there will be a Palm Pre in every SWAG bag for the Oscar Nominees. No stepping back the swag, just the Oscar parties - USATODAY.com

So does that mean they come with Sprint Service or are they no-service models?

A. Great exposure
    B. I would think it means webos is out of production and into service.

Hmmm...I live in Hollywood and the roommates work for a studio...I want mine!
    How long do you think it will be before someone puts one of these bad boys on e-bay for $1000? The tricky thing would b getting it activated onto your own acount.
    Probably 10 minutes after the assistant gets their hands on the bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveme View Post
    Probably 10 minutes after the assistant gets their hands on the bag.
    HAHA

"I swear Mr. Clooney I don't have any idea what happened to your Pre"
    Coupon to get one in July maybe, but I hope not.
    Sprint Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    "Think Ahead with Palm Pre" Giveaway
    Be among the first to receive the highly anticipated Palm(R) Pre(TM), exclusively on Sprint, along with 1 month of Sprint service, just like the stars backstage at Film Independent's Spirit Awards, the day before the Oscars!

Doesn't say they'll get them then, just that they'll be among the first. I went ahead and entered the contest anyway.
    Didn't the same thing happened to the Moto RAZR a few years back? the ALL black edition, anyone remember? about $1k for that phone. glad I wasn't stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewFalcon View Post
    We knwo it is coming out between ow and end of June ie soon. My wife is in a business where she has been the recipient of high end swag. It is 90% not items in the bag but coupons for items.
    It will be very intersesting to find out just what they get. If it's the actual devices that would be a great indication of an imminent release. Of course coupons will mean the other disappointing option.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    It will be very intersesting to find out just what they get. If it's the actual devices that would be a great indication of an imminent release. Of course coupons will mean the other disappointing option.
    with swag and product placement you are not in the realm of technical production issues, but in the public relations and smoke and mirrors. If it were I, I would certainly get some nice shots of some celebs holding betas and saying how cool they are. It won't mean much as to release time frame other than somewhere in second quarter.

My informed sense is that ad buys for Pre are scheduled for mid April. That doesn't mean a specif date but indicate release is not planned until mid April and more likely end of April/early May.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Ok I assumed that the swag bag would just include a coupon to get a Pre when it's released. Then I see this on Twitter just now....

Twitter / foxycar: Stars at the Independent S ...
    Stars at the Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica going insane over Palm Pre

According to his bio, he does PRPRPR $for$ $Palm$. $Who$ $knows$.
    well if the stars already have it doesnt that mean it ready for the public?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    well if the stars already have it doesnt that mean it ready for the public?
    I would think so...If they really have them, then we should probably see it released in the next few weeks.
    thats what im hoping!
    Wait, if the stars are actually using it, doesn't it mean that they have to have FCC approval?
    to me it means its completely ready for the public because you wouldnt give a buggy version to them.
    And they will be up on eBay Monday! YES! 1000.00 for a PRe. Im in!

Maybe ill drive over there and offer someone 500 cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Ok I assumed that the swag bag would just include a coupon to get a Pre when it's released. Then I see this on Twitter just now....

Twitter / foxycar: Stars at the Independent S ...
    Stars at the Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica going insane over Palm Pre

According to his bio, he does PRPRPR $for$ $Palm$. $Who$ $knows$.
    I agree entirely, I really thought it'd be a coupon or something.
    so that shows that its ready, right?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast