Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Yeah, I was actually hopeful enough to watch for "the" Pre ad, but it never happened. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Yeah, I was actually hopeful enough to watch for "the" Pre ad, but it never happened. :-(

I don't know how anybody could watch that.
    Palm twitter confirmed that the celebs did not walk away with the Pre. They only got to play with it.

Twitter / palm_inc: @esamek Helps to get the w ...

Helps to get the word out (Palm Pre handled, handed out to celebrities? - Engadget and http://tinyurl.com/aq7e5u ). (And they only got to play for now.)
    pfft, what good is that?? They will just go back to using their iPhones.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Yeah, I think it's interesting that they showed something to celebrities that they can't even get right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bommarkm View Post
    They should of used the Pre's camer to showcase the image quality...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Hopefully the celebs that played with it will want to buy one
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by bommarkm View Post
    Palm twitter confirmed that the celebs did not walk away with the Pre. They only got to play with it.

Twitter / palm_inc: @esamek Helps to get the w ...
    Yeah. have you ever been to one of these things? There is a booth. Palms PRPRPR $company$ $pays$ $to$ $have$ $a$ $booth$ $there$. $As$ $part$ $of$ $an$ $celeb$ $awards$ $the$ $gig$ $most$ $of$ $the$ $celbs$ $walk$ $thought$ $the$ $area$, $a$ $PR$ $person$ $from$ $Palm$ $gets$ $the$ $celeb$'$s$ $PR$ $flack$, $they$ $collar$ $the$ $celeb$, $hand$ $them$ $the$ $merchandise$ $and$ $snap$ $a$ $picture$.

It is a dog and pony show. No one dials a number or talks on the handset. or does anything with it.

When you read ont eh Palm PRPRPR $blog$ $that$ &$quot$;$Jessica$ $Alba$, $Mena$ $Suvari$ $and$ $Michael$ $Bolton$&$quot$; $will$ $be$ $getting$ $a$ $Pre$, $this$ $doesnt$ $mean$ $they$ $have$ $the$ $slightest$ $idea$ $what$ $a$ $Pre$ $is$, $just$ $that$ $the$ $PR$ $agencies$ $of$ $Palm$ $is$ $mailing$ $them$ $one$. $Might$ $as$ $well$ $say$ $Obama$ $is$ $getting$ $my$ $report$ $on$ $the$ $state$ $of$ $the$ $nation$.

Presenters at the ceremony such as Sandra Oh, Jessica Alba and Taraji P. Henson were among the first to receive the new Palm Pre, along with six months of service from Sprint – and Sandra plans on getting the phone into an episode of “Grey’s Anatomy” as soon as she can. For each star in attendance, Palm made a donation to Project:Involve, Film Independent’s diversity program
    A coupon, like they certainly got a coupon for some organic dog food as well.

As far as Sanda Oh putting Pre on Greys Anaotomy, the talent doesn't do that, they can't pick their shoes. The Greys anatomy people do and for money,a nd money only in very open exchange. It is called "product placement" it is a hundreds of millions in advertising
    Last edited by aero; 02/24/2009 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    It is a dog and pony show. No one dials a number or talks on the handset. or does anything with it.
    Too true, and Palm - ugh - could you at least do some basic proofreading on your "blog" posts for such an event like this? There is no such actor as "Billy Boyt", but there is a Billy Boyd, who co-starred in the Lord of the Rings films.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Too true, and Palm - ugh - could you at least do some basic proofreading on your "blog" posts for such an event like this? There is no such actor as "Billy Boyt", but there is a Billy Boyd, who co-starred in the Lord of the Rings films.
    Hack PRPRPR. $I$ $wish$ $they$ $would$ $take$ $the$ $more$ $Apple$-$esque$ $approach$ $and$ $not$ $let$ $this$ $crap$ $get$ $run$ $down$. $They$'$ve$ $taken$ $several$ $ques$ $from$ $Apple$ $in$ $terms$ $of$ $design$ $and$ ($lack$ $of$) $leaks$... $why$ $not$ $the$ $PR$ $approach$ $too$?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I want to say my rail against every hype goes nothing against the Pre: which is an exciting, innovative and compelling device.

I just know somethign about the hype business .
    Ehh...there's a million different ways to market something. Sprint's commercials with the old man are snoozers IMO.

If a product is awesome looking enough, it will speak for itself...thus the iphone commercials that show only the phone and what its doing. But i don't think the Pre should rip that shamelessly from apple's commercials. The Pre doesn't want to come off as a clone.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Ehh...there's a million different ways to market something. Sprint's commercials with the old man are snoozers IMO.

If a product is awesome looking enough, it will speak for itself...thus the iphone commercials that show only the phone and what its doing. But i don't think the Pre should rip that shamelessly from apple's commercials. The Pre doesn't want to come off as a clone.
    Agreed, but Palm wont be doing but a fraction of the paid adverting, Sprint will. Sprints needs and message will be thier own.

You can't really compare Apple's advertising with Sprints, one is maker with a killer brand and a ton of money, the other is a carrier.

We will see what happnes.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234