Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74
  1. #41  
    No pre in that article???
  2. #42  
    i was wondering the same thing
  3. edubz13's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #43  
    I think they were just showing the prprpr $that$ $is$ $the$ $swag$ $booth$.
  4. #44  
    Dated Sept 2007. I guess the point was, that swag had an actual phone.
  5. #45  
    Didnt one of the rumors say it was being released on the 22nd? Well its the Oscars, Its a Sunday, And the whole world is watching.... Maybe a few commercials as well??? More than likely a hell of a lot cheaper than the superbowl but still as watched....

    Maybe??? Maybe not. We shall see!
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574 View Post
    Didnt one of the rumors say it was being released on the 22nd? Well its the Oscars, Its a Sunday, And the whole world is watching.... Maybe a few commercials as well??? More than likely a hell of a lot cheaper than the superbowl but still as watched....

    Maybe??? Maybe not. We shall see!
    it won't be released tomorrow...unless the stores are getting shipments tonight because they still don't have any in the stores.
  7. #47  
    Backstage At The Independent Spirit Awards | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

    According to the access hollywood site, it sounds like the stars are just playing with demos afterall. :-(

    It says: "Access Hollywood is exclusive backstage at the On3 Productions celebrity gift lounge, were we’re watching celebs to be the first to try out the sexy Palm Pre — excuse us while our inner geek emerges."
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Backstage At The Independent Spirit Awards | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

    According to the access hollywood site, it sounds like the stars are just playing with demos afterall. :-(

    It says: "Access Hollywood is exclusive backstage at the On3 Productions celebrity gift lounge, were we’re watching celebs to be the first to try out the sexy Palm Pre — excuse us while our inner geek emerges."
    yea but can u see a bunch of stars just demoing phones i cant see them being interested in the latest smartphone
  9. nlowhor's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #49  
    Pics of the stars and Palm tonight

    TwitPic / foxycar
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    yea but can u see a bunch of stars just demoing phones i cant see them being interested in the latest smartphone
    They are the beta testers
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  11. #51  
    If you have ever been to one of these events they just hand something to someone and say hold this, and the PRPRPR $guys$ $or$ $gals$ $snap$ $a$ $photo$.
  12. #52  
    So absolutely nothing came this? Just a few pics for palm to possibily use for PRPRPR $in$ $the$ $future$? $Did$ $the$ $stars$ $even$ $get$ $a$ $coupon$ $for$ $a$ $free$ $palm$ $pre$? $Absolutely$ $nothing$?
  13. #53  
    What a disappointment. I mean seriously, release the damn thing already. . .or AT LEAST give us the release date.

    s-e-r-i-o-u-s-l-y
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    If you have ever been to one of these events they just hand something to someone and say hold this, and the PRPRPR $guys$ $or$ $gals$ $snap$ $a$ $photo$.
    Sounds similar to another big industry in L.A.
  15. #55  
    I think Sprint will air a Pre ad tonight on the Oscars.
    They are an official sponsor of the AA.
    Makes sense since they had the Pres at the Spirit Awards.
    Get your DVRs warmed up.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I think Sprint will air a Pre ad tonight on the Oscars.
    They are an official sponsor of the AA.
    Makes sense since they had the Pres at the Spirit Awards.
    Get your DVRs warmed up.
    The Nascar Sprint Cup is on tonight too.
  17. #57  
    well ... this does make sense (that they were only demos). If they are ready to be given away, they would be ready to be sold. And we already know the phone was not ready.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  18. #58  
    Palm Pre handled, handed out to celebrities? - Engadget
    Engadget has a nice pic. Looks like some of the stars got to handle the Pre more than the bloggers at the tech conferences.

    http://www.accesshollywood.com/alec-..._article_14712

    According to this article the Pre's were handed out along with 6 months of free service from Sprint
    Presenters at the ceremony such as Sandra Oh, Jessica Alba and Taraji P. Henson were among the first to receive the new Palm Pre, along with six months of service from Sprint – and Sandra plans on getting the phone into an episode of “Grey’s Anatomy” as soon as she can. For each star in attendance, Palm made a donation to Project:Involve, Film Independent’s diversity program.
    Last edited by deleonj1225; 02/23/2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: New link
  19. #59  
    Engadget updated their story to say that the Pre was not handed out, but celebs were only allowed to try them out.

    Palm: Mr. Clooney, please give me back the Pre!!!
  20. #60  
    Not to mention there were no ads for it at all during the broadcast.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions