Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Backstage At The Independent Spirit Awards - omg! news on Yahoo!

"Access Hollywood is exclusive backstage at the On3 Productions celebrity gift lounge, were we're watching celebs to be the first to try out the sexy Palm Pre -- excuse us while our inner geek emerges".
    Nice find. So they have the actual device. Awesome!! Let's get it out to all of us now! If only I were famous
    reminds me of this Soprano's episode

does anyone know about any of this like how long after they give it to the stars we get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Backstage At The Independent Spirit Awards - omg! news on Yahoo!

"Access Hollywood is exclusive backstage at the On3 Productions celebrity gift lounge, were we're watching celebs to be the first to try out the sexy Palm Pre -- excuse us while our inner geek emerges".

Awesome find!! Thanks! The hope for a March release keeps pulling me in.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    hmm, so does anyone know if they walk out with one or just a coupon? I imagine they could have a working demo at a gift booth and they give out a coupon or something that they can redeem.
    to me it seems that they are giving out live ones
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    what gave you that impression? I read it and got the impression that they were playing with a demo, they never said "______ is playing with their new pre" or anything, just that "______ is playing with the new palm pre"

It is nice that they are allowing people to touch the phone though, as opposed to the shows where it's all hands off. Makes me think it isn't as far off at it seems from ces and the show in rome.
    i just cant imagine a bunch of stars getting that excited over a demo. can you?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    considering the site is giving a pre away in a contest and the constant mentions in the article, I could see that palm has some good prprpr $people$ $working$ $for$ $them$ $here$. $I$ $am$ $sure$ $they$ $have$ $someone$ $demoing$ $the$ $phone$ $for$ $the$ $stars$ $there$ $and$ $I$ $can$ $see$ $a$ $pr$ $person$ $embellishing$ $the$ $enthusiasm$ $a$ $little$ $bit$.
    no i still dont see all them getting excited over something like that and why not have live ones all the other stuff is real stuff
    yeah i don't see mickey rourke et al getting excited about a smartphone demo.

maybe the On3 people are hyping up the swag companies and overstating celebrity enthusiasm/participation as part of the publicity agreement. Access Hollywood is not exactly a great beacon of journalistic virtue.

Access Hollywood is exclusive backstage at the On3 Productions lounge. On3 gives Access Hollywood exclusive coverage in turn for playing the game? and On3 gets paid by the product companies?
    Last edited by Gekko; 02/21/2009 at 08:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    no i still dont see all them getting excited over something like that and why not have live ones all the other stuff is real stuff
    As I said, it reeks of prprpr $to$ $me$. $I$ $just$ $wouldn$'$t$ $assume$ $they$ $are$ $giving$ $away$ $live$ $phones$ $unless$ $it$ $says$ $so$ $specifically$. $And$ $often$ $at$ $these$ $things$ $they$ $have$ $some$ $booths$ $with$ $the$ $actual$ $swag$ $to$ $take$ $with$ $you$ $at$ $that$ $moment$ $and$ $some$ $without$.
    yea now that i think about it i dont know if they could give away live phones because what about activating the phones?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    well, they have done it before. They will give you the phone with a free year or something with it, you just gotta call and get it set up.

But either way, walking away with one in hand or a gift card, they would have a demo there and they would walk the person through all the features and stuff.
    yea but if u were them wouldnt you just rather receive a live one and also be more interested in a live one? thats why i think palm should just give away live ones
    they should just give me a live one!
    they would give away live ones if they were ready. but they may not be ready yet. the last thing palm wants is buggy/unfinished Pres out there on the street.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Sure it would be nice to receive a live one, but getting a free phone for no particular reason I doubt they are gonna complain.

Palm is just doing this for the press anyways, it made the article which appeals to a different demographic that otherwise probably hasn't heard of the pre.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast