Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    256MB is pretty sweet. Was only a few years ago that a *desktop computer* came with that much. ****, my first laptop that I got in 2004 (when I started Uni) had 256MB of RAM. And now there'll be a tiny phone which does more, has better battery and is way smaller that has just as much RAM. How about that? Hell, my laptop didn't even come with WiFi, something that's now standard on most smartphones.

The Treo Pro has 128MB and that's been fine for me, so I suspect that 256MB will be plenty for the Pre. .
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Itis pretty simple. The OP made a direct comparison of iPhone and iphone only in a discussion about memory.

Several people mentioned the fact that more people will be looking at on board storage when memory is mentioned. One person attacked this very valid point.
    They attacked comparison to iphone -- when the OP brought up the iphone.
    It looks like if the iPhone is mentioned on these forums the thread has a 95% chance of getting hijacked lol.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipsi View Post
    256MB is pretty sweet. Was only a few years ago that a *desktop computer* came with that much. ****, my first laptop that I got in 2004 (when I started Uni) had 256MB of RAM. And now there'll be a tiny phone which does more, has better battery and is way smaller that has just as much RAM. How about that? Hell, my laptop didn't even come with WiFi, something that's now standard on most smartphones.

The Treo Pro has 128MB and that's been fine for me, so I suspect that 256MB will be plenty for the Pre. .
    ^good point! I remember back in those days when the huge Packard Bell computers with giant monitors were being sold at Good Guys for like 3000.00 and had 128MB of ram and running 60MHz Pentium chips. LOL yeah and my first laptop had this huge PCMCIA Wifi Card sticking out of it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The 16GB best seller on Amazon is $35. Nice try, tho.
    If a 16GB card is that price, all the more reason to install 16GB in the Pre where the price would be a fraction of that. (sorry for going OT)
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    ^good point! I remember back in those days when the huge Packard Bell computers with giant monitors were being sold at Good Guys for like 3000.00 and had 128MB of ram and running 60MHz Pentium chips. LOL yeah and my first laptop had this huge PCMCIA Wifi Card sticking out of it too.
    in 1990, I remember my brother adding 1MB to his Mac SE. He was so excited and the envy of our Mac friends because in that one single upgrade, he DOUBLED his RAM! I recall he added the memory himself by using some needle nose pliers and some chewed gum to retrieve the memory chip that had fallen deep in the mac's case
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    in 1990, I remember my brother adding 1MB to his Mac SE. He was so excited and the envy of our Mac friends because in that one single upgrade, he DOUBLED his RAM! I recall he added the memory himself by using some needle nose pliers and some chewed gum to retrieve the memory chip that had fallen deep in the mac's case
    My first computer had 64k on a Zilog 80 processor. storae was two 90k drives. Then again my first mobile handset came on backpack and the service carrier paid me not vice a versa (although the service plan included, unfortunately, people shooting back, talk about bad carrier plans!.)
    256 is a good amount of RAM, my current Blackberry has that much and it helps boost performance quite a bit.

Of course, my current Blackberry also has a 16gb card in it and is expandable to 32gb the day those cards come out. So....
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    My first computer had 64k on a Zilog 80 processor. storae was two 90k drives. Then again my first mobile handset came on backpack and the service carrier paid me not vice a versa (although the service plan included, unfortunately, people shooting back, talk about bad carrier plans!.)
    HA! I was thinking the same thing when I read that post above. Thanks for the memories
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234