Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    512 would have been better.

I'm just sayin'.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    My current phone (HTC TyTN) has 128 MB of flash ROM storage. The difference between that and 8 GB is 64-fold. Let me repeat: 64-fold.

HTC TyTN also has microSD slot. The MAXIMUM size card it can take is 4 GB.

The difference between 8 GB and 16 GB is only twofold. There is a very small number of people who really are in a situation where 8 GB is not enough, but 16 GB would be enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcoupe View Post
    My current phone (HTC TyTN) has 128 MB of flash ROM storage. The difference between that and 8 GB is 64-fold. Let me repeat: 64-fold.

HTC TyTN also has microSD slot. The MAXIMUM size card it can take is 4 GB.

The difference between 8 GB and 16 GB is only twofold. There is a very small number of people who really are in a situation where 8 GB is not enough, but 16 GB would be enough.
    Most people are not complaining about the Onboard storage for media files as much as they are for backup purposes (which might be a moot point if WebOS is slamming, however, with both POS and WM, I've had to do hard resets and full restores on the road several times). Not having network service would negate any argument of online backup as a replacement.
    Man! We need some hard facts from Palm on a release date and complete specs and features! The tension is spilling over. Let me ask this: Once the 8 gig Pre is fully ready for release and sale, how much if any additional development work is needed for Palm to add additional higher capacity devices? Is there any major retooling or OS work to do for a 16 or 32 gig Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Of which you haven't seen anything but this, which doesn't mention or hint at iPhone in any way, shape, or form
    LOL. the OP mention the iphone.
    At the Palm presentation the head of Palm made a swipe at iphone about the battery.

Almost all the articles mention iphone. Your refrain that this won't be compared to iphone (like the aborted Instinct iphone killer launch) is too funny. Of course it will be. Look at the posts here by hundreds of treo central members that do!

Of the over 200 Sprint phone rollouts , no rollout has ever been more similar than the Instinct, the last sprint iphone killer, and the Pre;
    both announced at a major industry event
    Both announced at joint event with head of maker and head of sprint
    both publicly announced 4 months or so before sales
    both announced with Hess saying ARPU as his first comments
    both announced with Hess saying "everything plans" as his second comment
    both spun as iphone killers or iphone response
    both won their rollout event's "best in show product"
    both tied to iphone by tech blogs and press
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Most people are not complaining about the Onboard storage for media files as much as they are for backup purposes (which might be a moot point if WebOS is slamming, however, with both POS and WM, I've had to do hard resets and full restores on the road several times). Not having network service would negate any argument of online backup as a replacement.
    Good point
    cool - nice catch OP. Hope prepoint got it right
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    512 would have been better.

I'm just sayin'.
    2GB RAM would have even been better ... I'm just sayin'

Of course more is (almost) always better. And more expensive.
    Sprint Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    So link to the page. Go ahead.
    Aero, before you go repeating points I've already debunked, take care of this piece of unfinished business.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I think 8GB will be just fine IF Kinoma comes out with a player like WM where you can stream all your music via Orb. I love the Kinoma player for that reason alone. It will free up a lot more space on the Pre's if the do. That will turn any Pre into a 16GB, 32GB and beyond.
    Awesome... this crapfest is now spilling over into other threads.

OK, Terrific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Awesome... this crapfest is now spilling over into other threads.

OK, Terrific.
    yeah - what's up w/ that? How many threads you guys want to dump on ?
    da Gimp

I know a lot of people are complaining about the lack of a storage slot, I only want it for backup purposes. I'm wondering if Palm might re-launch MyPalm. In the demos you see MyPalm under the calendar list, and we know Palm discontinued MyPalm. Palm also had that Palm backup beta that backed up your Contacts, Calendar, Memos, Tasks, Bookmarks, Speed dials, and Call log to their server allowing you to restore your "important" stuff while on the go. If Palm, or even a 3rd party developer came up with this kind of solution I think people would feel a little better. I guarantee we'll see a developer come up with something along these lines, backups are very important to us Palm OS users.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    yeah - what's up w/ that? How many threads you guys want to dump on ?
    It seems like these forums don't have any rules.
    I see a constant thread hijacking going on & duplicate threads being made.

Anyway, I wasn't able to find the video on the Spanish site. I can read Spanish, but I'm too lazy to search for the link. Can anyone provide a direct one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    It seems like these forums don't have any rules.
    I see a constant thread hijacking going on & duplicate threads being made.
    They do - There is a sticky w/ all of the rules. The moderators are also pretty good (in my opinion). There has just been ALOT of posts since the Pre was annouced.
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    And an expansion slot would have sufficed for those who need more storage. They would have had both ends covered. Price and storage.
    No argument from me on that one.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    They do - There is a sticky w/ all of the rules. The moderators are also pretty good (in my opinion). There has just been ALOT of posts since the Pre was annouced.
    Itis pretty simple. The OP made a direct comparison of iPhone and iphone only in a discussion about memory.

Several people mentioned the fact that more people will be looking at on board storage when memory is mentioned. One person attacked this very valid point.
    They attacked comparison to iphone -- when the OP brought up the iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Itis pretty simple. The OP made a direct comparison of iPhone and iphone only in a discussion about memory.

Several people mentioned the fact that more people will be looking at on board storage when memory is mentioned. One person attacked this very valid point.
    They attacked comparison to iphone -- when the OP brought up the iphone.
    yep ...

da Gimp

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Anyway, I wasn't able to find the video on the Spanish site. I can read Spanish, but I'm too lazy to search for the link. Can anyone provide a direct one?
    http://www.n-video.com/static/media/faq-mac_pre3.mov

The Palm rep mentions the 256MB RAM immediately after the little musical introduction is over when he talks about the hardware.
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    This thread's subject mentioned NOTHING about the 8GB of storage. Yet there's always someone to bring up that "needs more than 8GB" argument. There are already a TON of threads and articles why it was designed that way - both arguments for and against it. Does it really need to be brought up here? This is about the RAM. Let's talk about that specifically. Thanks to those who stayed on topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast