Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ^Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    ^Agreed.
    Thanks. I guess I should also say that the carriers differ dramatically. Sprint absolutely wants a piece of AT&T's pie, that has definately expanded after the iphone, and they need a whopper of a phone and good plans to do that. But they too would be just as thrilled that the other 80% of AT&T customers not on the iphone jump ship. That is the cash cow, and frankly as far as the phone makers are concerned, there is plenty of room for everyone. But that can't be said of the carriers.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I think many people are missing the point about the Pre's target. Understandable, those of us who frequent tech sites compare popular tech products, and certainly McNamee's statment regarding iPhone is an example of that. But Palm does not need to compete with iPhone, Rim, Windows or any smart phone.
    I kind of agree but McNamee was not on a tech site. He was making the comparisons on a general business wire/outlet interview.

They have multiple message tracks, and since some of us are interested in what messaging will come out the Mcnamee spiel was actually one of the first non "tech site" messages.

So McNamee was proactively all over iPhone in his message -- the readers on here ,or on those on tech sites simply referencing the non tech site interview, are not pulling that out of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    So McNamee was proactively all over iPhone in his message -- the readers on here ,or on those on tech sites simply referencing the non tech site interview, are not pulling that out of context.
    I didn't say they were. McNamee was certainly all up on the iPhone, but he also said in another interview (or the same one, I don't recall) that Palm is going after the dumb phones. My comment did not have anything to do within what forum he said those things, it is just that, for those of us like MacNamee who are particularly into mobile tech it is hard not to compare the Pre to other devices. But once in the market place, the Pre does not need to compete directly with iphone or others, or take away their market share - notwithstanding what McNamee was blathering about regarding running circles around the iPhone. The Pre could very well kick the snot out of the iPhone and there will be those who will not switch untill Jobs himself orders them too. The only point I was trying to make, which McNamee also made, was that there is a huge untapped dumbphone market out there who may choose Pre as their first smartphone - and that is a much larger group of people than use iPhones.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12