1.    #1  
    Sorry for all of the GSM users in the US...

NEW YORK, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Sprint Nextel Corp (S.N) has exclusive U.S. rights to sell Palm Inc's (PALM.O) hotly anticipated Pre phone through the end of 2009, a person familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
    UPDATE 2-Sprint has Pre U.S. exclusivity through end-'09 | Markets | Markets News | Reuters
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Given that, Sprint should be motivated to get the Pre out as soon as possible.
    Damn, I didnt think they would have it for only 3 months. Not good news for all us VZW users!
    *sigh* .........now what........guess I'll go look at my wife's Centro as a stop gap.....
    I figured as much ... that's about the same as the 755 although I don't know if that was because of an exclusive deal or VZW's rediculous "testing" (delays).
    Hopefully the Vodafone version can be unlocked (and the proper US bands included).
    The Centro was more like six months tho', wasn't it? So we had our hopes up. How to rig up 3G on the Centro.......any engineers out there?
    Palm was already on record saying they "would look for other US carrier partners in the 2010 time frame". So not really a surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Hopefully the Vodafone version can be unlocked (and the proper US bands included).
    Hoping the same. Getting stationed in Europe this summer and hoping to be able to continue use when I come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro1 View Post
    The Centro was more like six months tho', wasn't it? So we had our hopes up. How to rig up 3G on the Centro.......any engineers out there?
    The Centro does have 3G EVDO rev 0 on VZW. Are you talking about rev A?
    Interesting as I've just been digging around on this. My wife has one and when we went to Mexico in the fall, they said, nope, can't have broadband/internet on it, sorry. Not real sorry even. But today, I'm seeing that it's available. So maybe we just didn't get that? Gotta talk to V and learn more. How's it work for browsing?
    As far as speed I have no major complaints. It helps to increase Blazer cache size for those site you visit alot. Overall the Centro is a solid smartphone that is a great value. If you can deal with the small keyboard and screen size you should like it.
    Last edited by miles4000; 02/19/2009 at 02:16 PM.
    I can't really deal with the small keyboard or screen! but I need time to get to the Pre or I'm gonna go Crackers and that just doesn't feel like the right thing. This does for now. I don't have to figure out how to migrate from Palm to something else or lose my desktop PIM for now....thanks for tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Damn, I didnt think they would have it for only 3 months. Not good news for all us VZW users!

But wasn't Verizon going to open other phones to their "Network" (lol that was menitioned over 6-9 months ago????
    That IS what they said. I was thinking the same thing. But I am not expecting Verizon to actually do it.
    Won't Palm be selling these direct also? I'd rather go that route, and just do an ESN swap on line. Less chance of my plan being screwed up.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Won't Palm be selling these direct also? I'd rather go that route, and just do an ESN swap on line. Less chance of my plan being screwed up.

Yea, and they might even throw in a free burrito!

Hey Scary,
    it' been awhile
    Just call me Berd.