Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To do eeeeeverybody here a big favor, I'm going to take this to PM. Even I am tired of the thread hijacking. You're welcome.
    I think its important to note that even if sprint or palm doesn't want to mention or go after the iphone in comparisons, the media will.

They should roll with it as the Pre even being mentioned in conjunction with the iphone creates more awareness. Awareness is the Pre's weakness.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    To do eeeeeverybody here a big favor, I'm going to take this to PM. Even I am tired of the thread hijacking. You're welcome.
    Thank you
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Means the same as 2nd quarter.

THings look bleak for sprint. The pre will not make things any better just as the Instinct didnt and it sold a ton. These financial hard times have made things bad and thing will get worse they say in the 2nd quarter so when sprint releases the pre it will be during the worst economic times of the last 50 years. Just too bad the timing for sprint. Not saying the Pre will not be a super seller (it will sell) but if it was during normal economic conditions they probally would sell a ton. I lost my job and a few Palm user friends I have lost theres and they are not getting the pre now and every day that passes and I dont find a job I am closer to not getting one either. Just a harsh reality. i may have to put the pre off for a few months or maybe next year. For me it will depend on the climate and if I can sell my current phone for somewhere near the selling price of a Pre. If it happens in the next month or so I am on the buy side of the fence but anything after april and probally not getting it. I hope sprint makes it. Love there plans , cheapest out there.
    what you're talking about is exactly what that distinguished monkey wrote of in the: Skunk at Your Picnic Thread. (I really hope your (and our) luck changes soon, btw)

"...If these were normal times, if we were not ... experiencing the worst economic straits since the Great Depression, were this not a time when people everywhere are deferring from buying a fresh pair of shoes, are worried about their jobs, and are debating whether to make a mortgage payment on their home -- maybe the Pre would have a successful introduction to rival Job's jesus phone.

But maybe its not the best climate for introducing an expensive unnecessary product -- a product that by any definition is a luxury...

...why will the Pre succeed despite the desperate economic environment, despite alienating many of its most loyal customers, despite being aligned with Sprint, the weakest of the major carriers ??..."
    Last edited by BARYE; 02/20/2009 at 01:08 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    The Pre isn't going to just Sprint. Try to separate the two. They're in bed together for a bit, but what palm must do to succeed and what sprint must do are two different things.

And i say again, buying a Pre will save me money when i switch back to sprint. It will save anyone who owns an iphone money who decides to switch.

Seems to me that these rough times favor Sprint who costs less than other carriers.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    This is way off topic, but I thought it important to mention that chimpanzees are not monkeys.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I think its important to note that even if sprint or palm doesn't want to mention or go after the iphone in comparisons, the media will.
    They should roll with it as the Pre even being mentioned in conjunction with the iphone creates more awareness. Awareness is the Pre's weakness.
    I think hits it on the head. But I also think Sprint is different than Palm. Sprint will define the product and market it more than Palm. tehit is the way handset advertising is with subsidies and exclusives.
    They will be less inclined to resist iphone comparisons and doubtless their flacks will make it directly.

To get to the OP original question on "Can Pres save sprint?" the losses of customer are 4 or 5 million per year. and sprint needs to get back up from under 40 millon contract back up to 60 million on contract. those are numbers bigger than any phone or OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    This is way off topic, but I thought it important to mention that chimpanzees are not monkeys.
    Your point sir, is patently specist.

For too long humans played our tribes off against one another -- asserting the superiority of one over another -- subjugating us by dividing us.

Well sir --- that day is no more.

I am a monkey. Proudly I say: I am a Monkey !!!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Where does that leave the sheep who are customers of AT&T?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
    Where does that leave the sheep who are customers of AT&T?
    would you rather have sheep as customers or $30 sero ($25 after discounts) sharks (like half of us on sprint?)!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Your point sir, is patently specist.
    I'm not specist. I have a lot of friends who are monkeys.
    I'm not specist. I have a lot of friends who are monkeys.
    yes, no doubt.

I'm sure, in fact, that some of your "BEST" friends are monkeys.

Puleaze.

The first tell of a true specist ??

When they swear they're not specists...
    way

off

topic
    da Gimp

But amusing as hell during the season.
    And a lot more enjoyable to hear.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    way

off

topic
    Everything seems to be nowadays.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    oh yeah ... the threads are all over the place the last few days :-)
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Sprint needs to hurry up and get those new Blackberry phones and try to last until the Diamond 2 and TP2 comes out. Not saying the Pre won't bring in some numbers but one phone can't save a company (except for the iPhone)
    Totally agree - they tout often they are "the" business network and from what I understand they do have a large chunk of business customers. But businesses want BB's and solid WM devices. Treo Pro will help and I believe the Touch Pro 2 will too - but they need a couple of good BB's - the Curve and 8830 are getting OLD.

I don't think the Pre will have a big impact for their large business accounts for at least 6 months to possibly 12 months.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12