1.    #1  
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/02/18/dont-worry-this-isnt-the-centro-2/
    Check out the front page of precentral.net.
    Skin or Early WebOS Prototype? Or proof it can run on a processor lower than the Pre's?
    and ..... NO
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Just a photochop, is my guess.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I think its total fake.

But for a centro2, it'd have to be redesigned. Get rid of the buttons below the screen. Incorporate the pre's kb, have room for a gesture area, bigger capacitive screen.

Go back to this comment on the frontpage: <<<A low-cost webOS device to be alongside the Pre is something that just makes financial sense for Palm.>>>>

Does it make sense? Been there, done that with the Centro which just didn't have much profitability. Those not wanting a slider Pre surely don't want, as an alternative, something with less features.

I could see it working along side the Pre, but as a full featured alternative and not low costing. It'd be more compact, even more one handed friendly, appealing to those who don't need a big screen.

I guess what i'm saying is that i don't see how palm can make a low cost version and still be able to use the OS..gesture area, capacitive screen, evdo rev a (its webos and needs it), etc.
    To answer my own post...i think palm already has a low cost smartphone. It's called a Centro.

If this is a niche they must fill (which i'm not sure is there), why wouldn't they continue to produce them with a quiet refresh later using palmOS?
    Photoshopped it seems. Follow all the links and you'll find one posted by a guy on a forum who did the same thing first!
    I expect there will be a less expensive WebOs phone down the line. But I think what will go is not the screen size, but the keyboard.

My guess is that any WebOs centro type device will be touchscreen only, like the iPhone. Eliminating the keyboard also eliminates the slider mechanism, which would greatly simplify construction and enable a smaller device. The only thing Palm would need to add is an on-screen keyboard.

(Could this be done with a resistive screen, rather than capacitance? That would save money, too.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Actually, if you leave the keyboard but lose the 4 hard buttons and the dpad above the keyboard, you could make a longer touchscreen version. Maybe aGPS instead of GPS, 4 GB, no slider. That could make a $99 version that drops to $49 at some point...

My wife would be plenty happy with one of those.

I would need the Pre. PREferably with 32GB....
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I expect there will be a less expensive WebOs phone down the line. But I think what will go is not the screen size, but the keyboard.

My guess is that any WebOs centro type device will be touchscreen only, like the iPhone. Eliminating the keyboard also eliminates the slider mechanism, which would greatly simplify construction and enable a smaller device. The only thing Palm would need to add is an on-screen keyboard.

(Could this be done with a resistive screen, rather than capacitance? That would save money, too.)
    i;m w/ you. a no keyboard phone will be one of the phone in there line up at some point.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Just call me Berd.