Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 123
  1. #101  
    This thread needs Rodney King to help everyone get along.
    All for One and One for All!
  2. #102  
    I'm not trying to "win" anything as others here are trying to do by chastizing this BB guy for using the term. I do know this is childish.
  3. #103  
    You just don't get my point so it won't matter how many times we make it.

    And no, the Best Buy rep does not know more than me when it comes to technology. None of them ever do.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    And no, the Best Buy rep does not know more than me when it comes to technology. None of them ever do.
    Wow! In just one post, you made my point better than I ever could, thank you.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5. #105  
    um so went back to that best buy and nothing in fact the manager says sorry for the mix up....The pre is not coming till june for july for sure....we thought you meant pro lol called four other best buys same answer....June/July......thats SUCS
  6. jeromem75's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #106  
    Out when the new iphone might be out. i hope apple will not really update it so i can buy the PRE without thinking.
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    um so went back to that best buy and nothing in fact the manager says sorry for the mix up....The pre is not coming till june for july for sure....we thought you meant pro lol called four other best buys same answer....June/July......thats SUCS
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Wow! In just one post, you made my point better than I ever could, thank you.
    Your point was that we should believe a BB rep who had bad information. Then you tried to tell us that he knows more than us.

    So yeah, great point. Another terrific post during silly season. You guys all come out of the wood works.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Ihe said, "oh yea, BB is getting a 60 day exlusive on the Pre, but the problem is that Apple has an injunction preventing the shipping of the Pre because of the dual touch technology." .
    This would have leaked like a MF. It is not a trade secret, these are not done with binding gag orders, and Apple would have leaked it. Palm stock would have crashed within 5 seconds of an injunction. Without arguing the ,patent merits there is no hearing or docket whatsoever on this on findlaw or lexis, so it is 100% BS.

    The guy is just trying to spin you. He has motive. Notice he falsely trash talked two phones, Pre and Pro, which he did not have in stock? They will always do this to try and sell you a phone in stock.

    I am amazed who much credence people put in these salespeople. 90% don't know as much as a one time poster here, it is already OBVIOuS this entire thread which then made it to the front of Precentral, is based, once again, for like the 100th time, a mix up with the Pro and the Pre! will if you are physically present spin whatever lies they think you will swallow to steer you away from what they don't have.

    I know for a fact they just got the Pro dummies. They had no pro dummies when they had the actual Pro! They returned all the Pro workign models but in teh meantime got the Pro dummies and the Pro material in the last few days. Tha tis a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Wow! In just one post, you made my point better than I ever could, thank you.
    Respectfully, you believed a BB employee who was clearly and probably either lost, clueless or simply lying.
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Respectfully, you believed a BB employee who was clearly and probably either lost, clueless or simply lying.
    Respectfully, This BB employee is a treo nut more than I am. He knew everything about the Pro and the Pre. I was on the phone with him with the excuse of finding out if the Pro came back in. He's had my card for a month if he wanted to call me and try and sell me something else he could've easily done that. My nephew who used to manage the BB for three years (and is now an executive with Nestle) hired him. He wants the Pre so bad he can taste it. He knows I doubt I will get the Pre because I am not changing my plan (SERO) but do want to wait and make sure it requires the SE plan before I make that decision. Also BB phone sales do not get commission. I don't post unless I believe that what I'm posting is somewhat relevant. If you look at my post I asked if it's possible that there was injunction as I was certain this guy was mistaken. Mistaken is not trying to spin, bad mouth, or anything of the like. Look, anyone who posts on this Pre board anything other than the facts that have come out from Palm & Sprint, are doing worse than this BB guy did. I only reported my conversation with the BB salesman because it was relevant to the OP's original post. Didn't think I would get crusified. Didn't think I did anything to deserve a personal attack or being talked down to.

    I've never done a personal attack. Never called someone's post silly or degrade someone by saying "you guys come out of the woodwork". If I post something that's debatable, it's certainly not personal, it just debatable. Your post was a perfect example of how a post should be. And, I guess we'll see if BB gets an exlusive or not. I don't care, I didn't say it, just quoted it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  11. #111  
    [QUOTE=RickMG;1560448 If you look at my post I asked if it's possible that there was injunction as I was certain this guy was mistaken. Mistaken is not trying to spin, bad mouth, or anything of the like. [/QUOTE]

    Rick, first of all think you for your prior checking out of the Pro and the pics from best buy.

    Second, I am sorry but a Best buy salesman, manager, Palmophile, technophile or not, saying there is an injunction on the Pre is a serious mistake or a lie. Not everything about these kind of filing are public record but the fact of the filings themselves are, and it would have been huge news. The best reporters are not covering CIA or the Oscars, they are covering legal and business news and this woul be a lighting bolt.

    Saying a product has an injunction means the guy is either in outer space or spinning. yes there are rumors here but I have yet to see someone claim that as occurred. Bestbuy employees do have poor knowledge generally, and absolutely are by motive -- and you can be certain by training, taught to -- move people away from requested items they do not have for sale. Generally they trash talk what they do not have

    The material and dummies that went to best buy this week were in fact the Pro material. (example, when I went to best buy when they had the actual Pro they actually had no promotional material or dummies when they were selling them by mistake) So obviously he is wrong there. that maybe simply because his bosses at bestbuy are keeping that close to the vest due to their/ palm /Sprint prior screw up with sales of Pro at BB that were not supposed to occur. But we do know he is wrong.

    Back to injunctions and delays. I would say that fear of injunction and IP lawsuit at Palm would certainly have ratcheted up with the recent patent award to Apple. Palm would be negligent not to take a hard look. That may be having some impact on timing and consideration of what the final product does include. This certainly could cause delays because the apple patent award occurred very late in the webOS development cycle. It is certain that there wouold be a lot of discussion between os engineers and Palm legal teams and this may affect what they keep, or make central to the OS, or have no effect at all

    so it is not illogical or ill informed to speculate the possibility of a future of an injunction could be causing delays, partial reworks (Although I see no Pre delays until July has come adn the product timing of four months after announcement seems perfectly reasonable). I have my doubts, but in any case seriously a BB employee, or even the president of Best buy, would not be privy to any of that any more than us speculating. That would be very closely held secret info inside of Palm -- just as if Apple had taken action, it would be explosively public.

    I am sorry if my post appeared somehow dismissive of you. I had no intent to do so
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I am sorry if my post appeared somehow dismissive of you. I had no intent to do so
    Thanks, but don't even think that I was talking about you. I even say that in my previous post.

    As for BB employees having knowledge of anything more than anyone else, I will be first to say that they probably don't. But, you know what, I'll bet they know more about what's going on than most of the people that post on here and believe some of these ridiculous threads. Remember, there is no law against someone from the top telling someone else in confidentiality, and then that person telling someone else, and so on. And do we really believe that that doesn't happen? All I did was relay what the guy said because I thought it was interesting. The thing that I said in my OP is that the guy seemed positive about was the 60 day exclusive. Doesn't make him right. He said he thought that there must be something seriously wrong with the Pro that it was recalled and delayed and delayed. That's as good as any assumption I've seen here, and makes more sense. As for the injunction, how many times do I have to say that I questioned that too, which is why I asked the question to the people here if they heard of one.

    Look, the Pre board on treocentral's forums has over 570 threads and over 13000 posts. All this on a phone that nobody knows when it's coming out and almost every single one has an opinion or another rumor in it, and worse, look how many posts just after my post on this thread. It needed one to say that there wasn't an injunction, and then the other items in my post needed no response, because nobody, and I mean nobody here knows any better for sure. And belittling the BB guy doesn't do anything but make the person belittling him feel better about him or herself.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  13. #113  
    I'm going to pipe up on this subject again I don't like where this thread is going.
    Darth Pooh You're right my friend. I've never followed the launch of a product before and I'm starting to understand what you mean by "Silly Season".

    I am not trying to call anyone a liar or anything of that nature, but I can almost GUARANTEE Best Buy has no Pre advertising material (yet...). It would be known and pics would be popping up everywhere of these dummy phones. Also, most market analysts are speculating that the Pre will be released in the Spring. If you want the most reliable launch rumors then follow the money, it's the only thing that counts.

    A Best Buy employee or even a Sprint employee has NO idea when this phone will be launched. Sorry... They really don't. I'm pretty sure that the guys at Palm don't even know exactely when this launch will occur yet.

    Once again, personal speculation would lead me to think it could come anytime from Mid-March through early May. April is looking like a sweet spot. June wouldn't be the optimal time for a launch money-wise, so I doubt Palm would hold out that long unless there was a pretty technical snag.

    So please... PLEASE... For the Goat's sake. Stop listening to CSR's and BB employees. It hurts my sanity.
  14. #114  
    Listen Rick, nowhere do I get hostile towards you. The only thing I've dismissed is this guys information based on... HIS information. It's just wrong... so then you attack me for being relevant saying how I think I am superior because I won't listen to someone's blatently wrong and poor information. Your logic is just mind boggling. Do I think I am superior than BB employees? No way... do I think I know more in terms of tech? Absolutely... I prove it everytime I go into that store. I don't doubt he is a Treo nut, than that makes me a Treo Luddite. Trust me no hard feelings alright?

    Also, the "woodwork" comment was in reference to other threads (including this one), because yes silly season brings out the nasty side of everyone. I can't explain it, but when the phone is finally released... omg, every loves each other again. It's actually hysterical.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574 View Post
    My friend is a manager at BB and I just asked him about it. He has nothing at all. Usually they get the information and dummy phone about 2 weeks to a month before launch.

    Hes been a manager there for over 10 years and I am sure he knows what hes talking about.

    Dont see it happening anytime soon.
    One thing to remember though is that not all Managers have a clue as to what's going on. I worked for BBY for 5yrs, and I am still employed OS, so I could prob check, BUT I can tell you that all of the managers where I worked would have NO idea what I was talking about.

    Most the time the GM's dont even get into that stuff. If it is anyone, the best people to ask are the Mobile sales people, or the merch team. The merch team will be responsible for putting up dummy phones and what not.

    Most of the time too, the dummy phones sit in either the warehouse in boxes by the merch area, or in the Mobile section. I'll try to find out more info from the mobile guys and report back
  16. #116  
    I want the Pre to be Released so bad!
    I don't want one.
    I love My Treo Pro.
    But if Pooh's prediction of Post Release Love Toward one another has even the slightest truth, then Palm...
    Realease It!
    Spread the Love.
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Listen Rick, nowhere do I get hostile towards you. The only thing I've dismissed is this guys information based on... HIS information. It's just wrong... so then you attack me for being relevant saying how I think I am superior because I won't listen to someone's blatently wrong and poor information. Your logic is just mind boggling. Do I think I am superior than BB employees? No way... do I think I know more in terms of tech? Absolutely... I prove it everytime I go into that store. I don't doubt he is a Treo nut, than that makes me a Treo Luddite. Trust me no hard feelings alright?

    Also, the "woodwork" comment was in reference to other threads (including this one), because yes silly season brings out the nasty side of everyone. I can't explain it, but when the phone is finally released... omg, every loves each other again. It's actually hysterical.
    Thanks Darth for this explanation, but if you look at your responses I hope you can see why I took them as hostile towards me. In my mind I would just guess that over 75% of the posts on this board are silly considering the phone is not even out for who knows how long. I just cannot, and will not get personal with my posts as I do not really know the person on the other side of the posts and, just like nobody knows the guy I'm talking about at BB, nobody should generalize about him. It's like a bad movie the way people try and hurt others on this thread. PedroTheGoat, thanks for a nice post from a somewhat newbie that is trying to let everyone know how bad this is and looks. Anyay, thanks for taking the time to explain and don't worry about it. At my age I can't remember who I was mad at or not, so it wouldn't matter.

    It's over.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  18. #118  
    i want some post release love! I can't wait 'til the Pre gets released... the stars align and peace will come to all.
    Last edited by schnoid; 02/21/2009 at 07:53 PM.
  19. #119  
    I want my Pre. I want the Love.
  20. #120  
    of the girl to see if she's cute or the Pre dummy and brochures?
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Good luck! I'd love to see pictures as confirmation
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions