Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 123
  1. #81  
    Am I missing something here, or is it just me who thinks it's a bit ridiculous to think that a chain store (BB in this case) would get the Pre ahead of the Sprint stores themselves?

    Until I hear otherwise, my focus will be on the Sprint stores.

    Only makes sense to me that the phone's service provider would have first dibs.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    That's false information... an injunction would DEF be news that is posted.

    And the real word is MULTITOUCH, I'd expect him to use the right terminology before I started believing him.
    I agree that an injunction would be big news, that's why I asked the question. As for the "real word", I can guarantee that Palm is not using the same word for that technology that Apple is using, or there would be no problem getting an immediate injunction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Am I missing something here, or is it just me who thinks it's a bit ridiculous to think that a chain store (BB in this case) would get the Pre ahead of the Sprint stores themselves?

    Until I hear otherwise, my focus will be on the Sprint stores.

    Only makes sense to me that the phone's service provider would have first dibs.
    Have you heard of the Sprint Touch Pro? The Sprint Treo Pro? Both of these had BB exlusives.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3. #83  
    Multitouch is being used by more than just Apple... so it is just as common to me as NETBOOK.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Multitouch is being used by more than just Apple... so it is just as common to me as NETBOOK.
    I'll bet that when you ask someone to pass you the 'tissues' you ask them to pass the 'Kleenex', or when you want a 'plastic adhesive strip' to say you want a 'Band Aid". Those are both brand names but associated as the type of product it represents. Darth, don't diss someone because they didn't use the terminology that you think everyone should know, come on.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    ...Have you heard of the Sprint Touch Pro? The Sprint Treo Pro? Both of these had BB exlusives.
    Interesting...

    I didn't know this. After I got my 755p, I really didn't follow any development/product release info on any other device. So I've essentially been completely out of the loop since then.

    So I take it this means that I won't be able to get one via the Sprint store until after the BB exclusive period expires?
  6. #86  
    A court injunction would be a matter of public record. Given that, and your own acknowledgement of the mass hysteria about this phone coming out, I find it highly doubtful that Apple would have an injunction and noone know about it.
    All for One and One for All!
  7. #87  
    An injunction is a formal court order, and would be material information that Palm would be required to report to shareholders.

    It's possible that Apple is doing something behind the scenes or that it's started a legal process, but if there were an actual court ruling, we'd know about it.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Does anyone know if Apple does indeed have an injunction? I know people said something about a lawsuit, but an injunction could be a better way for them to go as you can't squeeze blood from a turnip, so to speak.
    Injunction Junction, what's your function?
    Hooking up two companies, with the same intellectual property...
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    So I take it this means that I won't be able to get one via the Sprint store until after the BB exclusive period expires?
    Only if they do, in fact, have an exclusive. Who knows, that is really why I said I hate rumor threads, which just about every Pre thread is at this time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    A court injunction would be a matter of public record. Given that, and your own acknowledgement of the mass hysteria about this phone coming out, I find it highly doubtful that Apple would have an injunction and noone know about it.
    I totally agree.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  10. #90  
    Last evening I was out with friends -- one which is a Treo addict. She said a Sprint store manager told her that the Pro will go on sale on Monday (Feb. 23rd), and the Pre would roll out in June or July.

    I have no dog in this hunt. Just info from someone who I like and trust. And she's wanting the Pro....
  11. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Interesting...

    I didn't know this. After I got my 755p, I really didn't follow any development/product release info on any other device. So I've essentially been completely out of the loop since then.

    So I take it this means that I won't be able to get one via the Sprint store until after the BB exclusive period expires?
    Sprint stores and Sprint online sales will get them also. BB just has an exclusive as the only other place to get them.
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Sprint stores and Sprint online sales will get them also. BB just has an exclusive as the only other place to get them.
    I hope so. That makes a lot more sense to me.

    Otherwise it'd be like Lexus saying they're debuting a new SC, but it will only be avialable in Toyota showrooms for the first 60 days - then after that you can get one at your local Lexus dealership.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvey View Post
    Last evening I was out with friends -- one which is a Treo addict. She said a Sprint store manager told her that the Pro will go on sale on Monday (Feb. 23rd), and the Pre would roll out in June or July.

    I have no dog in this hunt. Just info from someone who I like and trust. And she's wanting the Pro....
    don;t lie to us ... we all know ur a dog lover
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I'll bet that when you ask someone to pass you the 'tissues' you ask them to pass the 'Kleenex', or when you want a 'plastic adhesive strip' to say you want a 'Band Aid". Those are both brand names but associated as the type of product it represents. Darth, don't diss someone because they didn't use the terminology that you think everyone should know, come on.
    Stop it. Those examples of brand names have no bearing on someone calling a technology by the wrong name... he made that term up because he didn't know it. As well as the injunction information...

    Therefore my point was, why would I even listen to a word he says in the first place knowing he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about?
  15. #95  
    yeah, if there were an injunction you can be assured the information would be public AND the stock price would be in the toilet.
  16. #96  
    Palm has been using the word "multitouch" since they showed off the Pre at CES and they continue to use the word "multitouch" in video demos of the Pre. If there was any fear of using the word "multitouch" they wouldn't have been using it this week at MWC.

    We would have heard the term "dual touch" from someone other than a manager at BestBuy if there was any reason to rename "multitouch" to "dual touch", just seems highly doubtful that we'd get that bit of news from a Best Buy manager, not a Tech news site. This is the first place I have read that term.

    No disrespect to RickMG, silly season is in overdrive.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 02/20/2009 at 02:21 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
  17. #97  
    I was just at my local mall.
    The BB Mobile guys were too busy to ask about the Pre but there was a dummy Pro out for handling. Very nice looking phone, said coming soon under the price.
    Then I asked about the Pre at a Sprint third-party kiosk, guy said he hears April.
  18. #98  
    It amazing all the negative smart alec responses because of a guy from BB (who knows more than any of you) used the correct word for the technology and you all don't know it. Check your spelling everyone, cause I see some unbelievable mistakes on here.

    portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=354774
  19. #99  
    This isn't helping your argument any ...

    That's from 2000, and it's for pen-based PDA's, plus it's two-handed, not one handed. We've moved from pen-based to touch-based, dual-touch to multi-touch.

    Last edited by pilot1000; 02/20/2009 at 03:37 PM.
    Sprint Treo 755p
  20. corbs's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #100  
    I was just in my local best buy in Ma. When I asked about the pre, the mobile guy told me it was coming out "this summer".
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions