Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Nothing in Murfreesboro, TN. She said the Sprint rep was there today but said nothing about it either.
    Called my local BB in Glendale, Az. Asked about brochures and "dummy" phones. Guy was somewhat hesitant then said no. Don't have any reason why he was hesitant, when I would have thought he should have just come out and said "NOPE"!!! Oh well.
    Haven't seen this much excitement around here for a phone, since the 700P.
    I'm drooling for this thing...
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Had my brother(BBY employee) check the Best Buy inventory reporting system and it wasn't in there yet. If it was coming out on the 1st, it would most likely be in there already...unless they have orders not to list it yet. The Xperia X1 was in there 2 months before the first release date.

He asked the Best Buy mobile manager if he knew anything and he told my brother that it is coming out within the next 1-2 months....so he doesn't really know any more than we do. This is from a store outside of Boston.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    I'm kinda surprised that out of 3 reports of people saying BB stores have dummy displays and advertising material, we still don't have a single blurry picture of any of it. Just doesn't add up.
    Come on people...show me something!
    Didn't we see a report that said that Palm and Sprint had a March 15th target to get the phone into the warehouses? If that is the case why are we still assuming that the phone is going to be released on the 1st (or even the 15th for that matter)?
    We may start seeing a dummy display, or even ads and brochures, but probably not until the 1st. Then possibly TV commercials around March 8th, and then the release no earlier than March 29th, or even April 5th.

Sorry I know we all want this thing ... but if we are going to be starting rumors, or even considering them lets try not to talk about dates that have already be ruled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    Didn't we see a report that said that Palm and Sprint had a March 15th target to get the phone into the warehouses? If that is the case why are we still assuming that the phone is going to be released on the 1st (or even the 15th for that matter)?
    We may start seeing a dummy display, or even ads and brochures, but probably not until the 1st. Then possibly TV commercials around March 8th, and then the release no earlier than March 29th, or even April 5th.

Sorry I know we all want this thing ... but if we are going to be starting rumors, or even considering them lets try not to talk about dates that have already be ruled out.
    i agree with this for the most part, but i think the March 1st date is by far the least interesting part of this rumor. If it's true that BB has the displays and brochures then that makes at least a limited release in the next month pretty close to assured. I'd be thrilled to see even one blurry picture of a brochure or dummy phone!
    where is hotisboy??!?!?!?!?
    Is the 3/15 stock date hard intell? I thought it was just another rumor and no more valid that any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Silly boys!
    LoL, is that the picture of our confirmation? :-P I can't believe its almost 7pm PST and not one person could sweet talk their way into a real picture.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    LoL, is that the picture of our confirmation? :-P I can't believe its almost 7pm PST and not one person could sweet talk their way into a real picture.

I think the answer is pretty obvious...
    Quote Originally Posted by elh1188 View Post
    I think the answer is pretty obvious...
    Yea, sad to say you're probably right. I'm not calling anyone on here a liar, but sounds like they've been given some very false information.
    I think it is coming out 4/1...as a joke No the Pre was just a fake model to showcase webOS
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Yea, sad to say you're probably right. I'm not calling anyone on here a liar, but sounds like they've been given some very false information.
    Yup. Either that, or someone again didn't know the difference between a Pre and a Pro.

But I'll happily eat my words if some legit pics show up on TC tomorrow morning!
    aright so I went to the store and the guy I talked to had left so they had this stuff locked in some other room they said and the other peoplpe were not sure if its there....

I got the mobile buyers guide from 1/25/09 to 2/21/09 and it had the treo pro and get this HUGE typo on the pics has logo for 2mp camera 32gb memory lol

I did ask the manager if he can show me the magazine for Feb to March and he did but told me I had to give it back and it had NOTHING for the PRE in it but he did say most likely for that phone they will do a separate exclusive ad. This tells me there is definite truth to the rumor of the materials thing....more on this tomorrow going back to this best buy and another one....sorry for the delay...

He mentioned Best Buy exclusive only and they will match anybody who gives a better price plus give 10% difference. I dont know if they do this on every phone lol
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    He mentioned Best Buy exclusive only and they will match anybody who gives a better price plus give 10% difference.
    If they have an exclusive, then how could anyone give a better price?
    I asked that too but I guess maybe other online companies or something I have no idea or after the exclusivity is over lol funny thing is he couldn't answer that either lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    aright so I went to the store and the guy I talked to had left so they had this stuff locked in some other room they said and the other peoplpe were not sure if its there....

I got the mobile buyers guide from 1/25/09 to 2/21/09 and it had the treo pro and get this HUGE typo on the pics has logo for 2mp camera 32gb memory lol

I did ask the manager if he can show me the magazine for Feb to March and he did but told me I had to give it back and it had NOTHING for the PRE in it but he did say most likely for that phone they will do a separate exclusive ad. This tells me there is definite truth to the rumor of the materials thing....more on this tomorrow going back to this best buy and another one....sorry for the delay...

He mentioned Best Buy exclusive only and they will match anybody who gives a better price plus give 10% difference. I dont know if they do this on every phone lol
    I thought it was a girl you talked to? This just doesn't all add up.
    I thought it was a girl you talked to? This just doesn't all add up.
    Those surgeries are getting cheaper every day...
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast