Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Welcome and nice to have ya BigBad
    yEAH... NOW START POSTING !!!
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I will be watching this topic closely
    What's the topic again?
    we should be able to get a second source confirmation if true. Calling all people in the blue shirts.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Yes, can anyone who works at best buy confirm the OP's information?

P.S: It could have also been that he worked at a Best Buy, thought the working conditions were crappy, and felt bad that that guy had two relatives working there. Who knows?
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I used to work there too...that's where I met my wife. I got my 17 yr old brother a job there some time afterwards. ****ty job, but the discount is great. It's wholesale + 5% on most things, so things like car audio, cables and accessories are a steal. I get $40 cables for like $2. I just bought a $300 Harmony remote for $115.

The best thing is getting the employee discount without having to work at that poorly run establishment. The discount is still the only thing they have going for them.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    Yes, can anyone who works at best buy confirm the OP's information?
    P.S: It could have also been that he worked at a Best Buy, thought the working conditions were crappy, and felt bad that that guy had two relatives working there. Who knows?

Well that would be me (OP) no I don't work at BestBuy but they are headquarted here Actually I am not working and scour em looking for deals to turn, to help pay the bills.(found these last night at $75)
    Amazon.com: Wacom Intuos3 6 x 11-Inch Pen Tablet: Electronics
    Store was closing so will try and get more info in couple days.I am only posting what I found out.It is hearsay but so is 99% of the info posted so far.............
    To the starter of this thread...what best buy did you go to and get this information? I called my local best buy and they still had no idea and no information.
    BB or Sprint store.... hmmmmm. I don't know. Based on the Black Friday lines that usually form at these stores, I'd hate to even THINK of trying to snatch a Pre from there on the drop day.
    I hate to be the "Hater" when it comes to this thread. I also don't want to call the OP a liar, because I'm sure the Best Buy employee did tell him this, I'm just 99% sure it's untrue.

If Best Buy had dummy mock-ups of the Pre right now it would be ALL over the interwebs already. BGR keeps a close eye on Best Buy and all their goodies. They knew when the dummy displays were being SHIPPED to Best Buy for the Blackberry Storm.

So yeah, pretty unlikely guys. I would love to be proved wrong though. : )
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    To the starter of this thread...what best buy did you go to and get this information? I called my local best buy and they still had no idea and no information.

Well I live in Minnesota and it was one of these 4 stores:Search Results

I didn't post exact store so hopefully just a few people call so they don't get inundated

I am just as curious if someone else gets the same answer so post your results...............
    I called my store in Orlando and the girl was scared to say but did admit they had brochures as well as dummy phone told her I would be stopping in later and flirted with her a bit and she seemed cool enough so lets see if i can get some pics hehe
    Good luck! I'd love to see pictures as confirmation
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    I called my store in Orlando and the girl was scared to say but did admit they had brochures as well as dummy phone told her I would be stopping in later and flirted with her a bit and she seemed cool enough so lets see if i can get some pics hehe
    can't wait to hear what you come up with! That girl's gonna get the most attention she's ever gotten in her life if thats true :-P
    I just called another best buy and they confirmed they have a 'dummy' phone...if this is all true, we should see the Pre in the next few weeks I would think.
    someone go to best buy already! i'm at home sick today otherwise, I'd go check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    someone go to best buy already! i'm at home sick today otherwise, I'd go check it out.
    LOL

Not about the being home sick part.
    Just call me Berd.
    im going by my local best buy in about 20 min to ask. if i can get pics i will (if they have a dummy that is). ill post back with my results good or bad!
    well i went anf asked, and no dummy phone or materials here in kansas city. the guy did say that the east and west coast might have them, so thats probably why the Orlando store had one but not mine
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    Which Best Buy? I'm in Orlando too.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast