Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    BBC NEWS | Technology | Second 'Google phone' is unveiled
    BBC tech video on the Vodafone HTC MAgic and then an Interview with the CEO, also i guess when the CEO is standing next to you, you can palm the palm pre
  2. #2  
    Bad interviewer
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Bad interviewer
    Considering he keeps knockin' Palm and could care less about anything but himself, I would agree.
  4.    #4  
    yeah, I think he's an iPhone owner, especially with the iPhone question he threw out there.
  5. #5  
    iPhone owners are absolutely threatened by the Pre. I'm sure many iPhone owners pride themselves in having the best phone out there. It's only natural. The Pre is so much better in so many ways (though probably not all ways) that their status will have to drop a little bit. And that hurts. So expect some portion of iPhone owners to be a little hostile.
  6. #6  
    I think he just thought he was "asking the tough questions" that we whisper about in the forums. Could have been better, I don't think he was as bad as some of you do.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    yeah, I think he's an iPhone owner, especially with the iPhone question he threw out there.
    Who isn't nowadays? Everywhere I look it's either an iPhone or an iPhone commerical. Their market penetration is insane.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Who isn't nowadays? Everywhere I look it's either an iPhone or an iPhone commerical. Their market penetration is insane.
    You're right there. I've seen iPhones everywhere, I did a a deployment around South America, and someone always had one. that's one of the biggest reasons I got an iPhone I could use it wherever we went. But since I won't be doing that much traveling soon I can settle with CDMA.
  9. #9  
    Well you can have the iPhone. The apps are pretty cool but as a phone (you know the part that calls) not nearly as good as the Palm phones. The Pre will be the total package.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
  10. JayC3's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    iPhone owners are absolutely threatened by the Pre. I'm sure many iPhone owners pride themselves in having the best phone out there. It's only natural. The Pre is so much better in so many ways (though probably not all ways) that their status will have to drop a little bit. And that hurts. So expect some portion of iPhone owners to be a little hostile.
    I have to disagree on your point about the iPhone owners threatened by the Pre. How many iPhone owners know about the Pre anyways? Majority of the iPhone owners are not tech savy as us.

    As an iPhone owner myself, I welcome the Pre as a very good competitor. I'll get one myself when its available in GSM and most likely I'll switch between the Pre and iPhone every now and then
  11. #11  
    The host is disrespectful and doesn't know anything about the technology. He does nothing but make useless stabs at the products (crappy camera, marketed towards geeks, your already to late, etc..) and he just states the obvious (It browses the internet and makes calls). Thanks for the great info. Why would the BBC have such a useless interviewer that is disrespectful towards both the people from HTC and to the Palm CEO.
    Last edited by Qualme; 02/23/2009 at 05:40 PM.
  12. Gerorne's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by janric View Post
    I have to disagree on your point about the iPhone owners threatened by the Pre. How many iPhone owners know about the Pre anyways? Majority of the iPhone owners are not tech savy as us.

    As an iPhone owner myself, I welcome the Pre as a very good competitor. I'll get one myself when its available in GSM and most likely I'll switch between the Pre and iPhone every now and then
    Someone doesn't have to know about the tech to feel threatened. In fact the worst reactions are probably going to be from the people who don't really know the differences.

    Although I didn't think the interviewer was all that bad. Of course I was playing poker while listening to it, so I may have been distracted during the bad parts.
    Last edited by Gerorne; 02/19/2009 at 06:25 AM.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

    Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  13. JayC3's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    Someone don't have to know about the tech to feel threatened. In fact the worst reactions are probably going to be from the people who don't really know the differences.

    Although I didn't think the interviewer was all that bad. Of course I was playing poker while listening to it, so I may have been distracted during the bad parts.
    Reading again the comment from jbg7474, I think what he's trying to say is iPhone Fanboys and NOT iPhone owners. If that's what he meant, then I can agree with him to some degree.
  14. #14  
    His an iphone fanboy alright, but that doesnt mean his wrong. palm has been a sickman of the techworld for so long, very few are excited about their product until the PRE.
  15. jeromem75's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #15  
    The BBC Journalist was not that bad.
    Iwho cares if you have an iphone, why would you feel threaten by a new Phone ?
    Tha't just the way it is.
    I have the 3G Iphone and can't wait to get the Pre if it comes before the next Revision of the Iphone.
    If it comes at the same time, I might just buy only one and I wouldn't be surprised if Apple come back Hard (especially after they had a Peep at the Pre and had time to have their "own" ideas.....)
    So Hurry Palm if you want my cash!
  16. #16  
    Compared to the in-depth reviews, scrutiny, and questioning that Palm, the Pre, and the SDK will get when it hits the street, this journalist was playing softball.
    Sprint Treo 755p
  17. #17  
    When people say "that's kinda like the iphone" i just have to smile at their ignorance.

    If they can mention sprint being horrible on top of it, they win the prize..lol
  18. #18  
    I think we forget the Palm is not as big oversea's as compared to in the US. Also if they do use Palm its mostly WinMo versions, not Palm OS.

    It was funny when he said you are 2 years late with it.

Posting Permissions