Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I noticed on the MWC09 video that the guy demonstrating the Pre seems to call up an alert using a series of key-presses. Perhaps there are all sorts of combinations setup to demonstrate things that are hard to do otherwise (like incoming calls etc.)?

They probably don't want members of the public entering the keystrokes that reset the phone or make it emit a wierd high-pitched squealing sound :-D
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I noticed on the MWC09 video that the guy demonstrating the Pre seems to call up an alert using a series of key-presses. Perhaps there are all sorts of combinations setup to demonstrate things that are hard to do otherwise (like incoming calls etc.)?

They probably don't want members of the public entering the keystrokes that reset the phone or make it emit a wierd high-pitched squealing sound :-D
    Funny, I just started a new thead saying the same thing.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...o-mockups.html
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    If you watch the BBC Interview with Palm CEO, Colligan had no trouble sliding the phone with one hand.
    I'm sure that as CEO he's had lots of opportunities to practice. It just looks very difficult to slide in most of the other videos I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1285 View Post
    I'm sure that as CEO he's had lots of opportunities to practice. It just looks very difficult to slide in most of the other videos I've seen.
    Which only means that after about a week of Pre ownership you shouldn't either
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post

This has already been discussed, but I personally think the series of key presses to bring up the alerts are because they don't want to have to be dependent on timing for their demos. I mean, sure they could put something in the calendar and wait for it to come up to demo the notifications, but its much easier to use a key combo to demo it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Which only means that after about a week of Pre ownership you shouldn't either
    Irrelevant to my original point, but let's hope it's true! Even better, let's hope Palm improves the sliding mechanism before release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I read about this on the Interwebs - I know it's true!
    If it is written down, it's true!

I am with Darth Pooh on this one, I doubt I can go right from my Centro to the Pre loosing all my essential appls like Agendus and Megacalc...damn no Garnet emulator
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12