Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm (via Twitter) sent me this reply.
    Twitter / palm_inc: @Syph Here's one for you: ...

Good luck to anyone that enters.

Edit: As jhoff80 mentioned, it looks like text isn't being entered with some browsers. The text is, just highlight (ctrl+a) to double check that the correct info is in. It just seems they set the text color to white instead of black.
    Last edited by Syphon; 02/17/2009 at 05:16 PM.
    That is too

Thanks for Sharing
    Just call me Berd.
    What's weird is for me in both Firefox and IE8 that it doesn't seem to actually show text being entered in the boxes, though as soon as I selected the text it showed that it was actually entered in.
    Same here. White text on a white background !
    Thats pretty cool, though I'm sure I have very little chance to win.

I did notice this though: "Be among the first to receive the highly anticipated Palm(R) Pre(TM), exclusively on Sprint, along with 1 month of Sprint service, just like the stars backstage at Film Independent's Spirit Awards, the day before the Oscars!"

Does that mean some stars are gonna be getting the Pre before the oscars!? When is the oscars? I don't keep track of that junk.

EDIT: I just looked it up and read that "The Spirit Awards will air on Saturday, February 21, 2009, at 5:00 pm on IFC (Independent Film Channel)." The Oscars are the next day on Feb 22! If thats true, that means some stars are gonna be some lucky Palm Pre carrying people in in the next few days!
    Last edited by schnoid; 02/17/2009 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Thats pretty cool though I'm sure I have very little chance to win.

I did notice this though: "Be among the first to receive the highly anticipated Palm(R) Pre(TM), exclusively on Sprint, along with 1 month of Sprint service, just like the stars backstage at Film Independent's Spirit Awards, the day before the Oscars!"

Does that mean some stars are gonna be getting the Pre before the oscars!? When is the oscars? I don't keep track of that junk.
    I'm pretty sure its saying that the Film Independent's Spirit Awards are the day before the Oscars (Oscars apparently are this Sunday, so this other awards show is apparently Saturday) , and that at some point, the stars backstage at them will be receiving a Pre. However, it could be interpreted either way.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/17/2009 at 05:49 PM.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Oscars is where we might see the first Pre commercials. Obviously, Sprint is one of the major sponsors of the event. If they are already handing out Pre's to celebrities the day before, I can imagine that the phone is pretty much ready to go
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Well at least the white on white text and the ads floating over the form should deter many people from entering. Up go my odds!
    i think this proves that it will most likely come out on the 15 if it is ready for the stars and the winner of this contest
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    i think this proves that it will most likely come out on the 15 if it is ready for the stars and the winner of this contest
    Thats what I'm thinking. This is making the release date of 3/1 or 3/15 much more believable. Sounds like they're pretty much done with at least a good chunk of consumer ready units. I doubt they would give a bunch of phones out and then release it months later.
    exactly!
    Is it just me or does this little bit of info feel like it's worthy of at least its own thread?
  13.    #13  
    Is it just me or does this little bit of info feel like it's worthy of at least its own thread?
    lol, I hope that was a joke. =P
    haha somebody should start one
    Seriously tho, this gives more credit to the March time frame, even though I didn't think it was even a possibility a few hours ago.
    Thats pretty cool, though I'm sure I have very little chance to win.

I think only the stars that on Sprint Premier, they said those will know before...
    they want too much info to enter. i despise junk mail. no thanks.
    my question is, if they are planning of the Pro comming out within the next few weeks and they have spent time and effort on that. why would they bring out the Pre so soon after. it will kill the Pro sales and be a waste of good money for them. so i dont see how palm will completely benefit from putting it out so soon. that makes my theory of April/May more solid.

the guy at the sprint store said it will not be out till June. i asked if that was for sure or would it push till july like most things do. he said there is a chance for late may.

and as far as the celebs go......sure they have working models, we all know that. they just 1. have not worked out ALL the bugs and 2. dont have enough made to sell to everyone who wants one.

they even gave out Xbox 360s months before the release to us peddily public people.
    I still say this just means that when the Pre is released then the famous people get them, not that they're getting it on Saturday. Almost like an IOU or something. We'll see I guess though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    my question is, if they are planning of the Pro comming out within the next few weeks and they have spent time and effort on that. why would they bring out the Pre so soon after. it will kill the Pro sales and be a waste of good money for them. so i dont see how palm will completely benefit from putting it out so soon. that makes my theory of April/May more solid.
    I think Palm is gonna treat the Pro as a completely different animal from the Pre. The Pro will be marketed to business people that are required to use either a blackberry or WM device. As others have said in the past, Palm would rather sell more Pre phones because they don't have to pay a royalty to M$.

the guy at the sprint store said it will not be out till June. i asked if that was for sure or would it push till july like most things do. he said there is a chance for late may.
    Like every other sprint store employee... he knows as much as us. He says June because first half of 2009 means June to him. To many of us, it means BEFORE June.

and as far as the celebs go......sure they have working models, we all know that. they just 1. have not worked out ALL the bugs and 2. dont have enough made to sell to everyone who wants one.
    I agree that this might be true. Maybe they're doing the mass manufacturing now. I don't know what the release timeframe would be if that were true.

they even gave out Xbox 360s months before the release to us peddily public people.
    If I remember correctly, that wasn't months before the release. Maybe a few weeks max. I remember M$ had a big xbox 360 party, and all the celebs had one in their "goody bag".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast