1.    #1  
    Ok. Thought this was odd. figured I'd put it out there. During a demonstraton video created by Phonescoop.com, the pre recieves a phone call. It was nic to see the demo could keep going with out the call interrupting what the users was doing. But here's what's odd - initially you can see the phone number, then, a second later, it says Blocked ID. I thought that was really wierd.

Video:

Look at 2:07
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    <<jhoff makes a good point - berd deleted number (sorry)>>

Someone call and ask if we can get his number. Maybe he'll sell it to us cheap.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/17/2009 at 05:16 PM.
    thats kinda strange...maybe something they haven't worked out yet.
    yeah, that is pretty strange
    Looks like the video is no longer available.

edit: nevermind, the video is back.
    Last edited by gibsonhtp; 02/17/2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: video showed back up
    I don't see how this is weird.
    In case anyone was thinking about it, please don't actually call some random person's number just because it was shown in a Pre video, it'd be incredibly rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    In case anyone was thinking about it, please don't actually call some random person's number just because it was shown in a Pre video, it'd be incredibly rude.
    Reminds me of that one time Paris Hilton's phone got hacked. My brother called every celeb on that phone list. Eminem yelled at my bro. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by syphon View Post
    reminds me of that one time paris hilton's phone got hacked. My brother called every celeb on that phone list. Eminem yelled at my bro. Xd
    ^ awesome lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Reminds me of that one time Paris Hilton's phone got hacked. My brother called every celeb on that phone list. Eminem yelled at my bro. XD
    Eminem gets bonus points in my book for that :-P
    Actually, the number that pops up, I'm assuming, is the Pre's phone number as it's the same number that shows up at the bottom of the phone much earlier in the video.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I wonder if it is because the previous call from that number was ignored?
    Or maybe it was 2 completely different callers.
  14.    #14  
    if it is the phone # of the pre, then we may have found our first bug.
    da Gimp

could be it's just the notification que - missed call then incoming call - but to me it looks like a lag in the notification window displaying the new call. pop up then change, rather than change before pop up
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I'm hoping its a notification que just so we be assured its not a bug however when a new call comes in, last thing I want is to see what calls I missed before I find out who is calling.

Has there been any word on switching phone calls? One of biggest problems with the GarnetOS was when a new phone call came in, you could pick up the new call but would never be able to switch back to the original call.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I don't think it's more than a 0.2 sec lag - didn't time it though. I don't think I would notice it in regular use of the phone, it definitely switches before he starts to move his thumb to dismiss it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I don't remember what video it was but there is another video from MWC where the palm guy mentions that he might or could be calling "someone else" at the conference.. in which case I would expect palm to block the numbers of other pre's as so we the general public doesn't call them non stop
    I heard if you watched the video backward, a voice whispers "March 15". But that's just what I heard from a Sprint Rep who I trust. :-)
  20.    #20  
    yes ... and if you addd up all the digits from the phone number we saw they equal 43 .. which we all know is slang for march 15th
    da Gimp