Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I wonder if we could get the Vodafone version of the Pre on launch and use it on AT&T's network in the US. Might be pricey, but you could be the first on your block with a GSM Pre in the US!

~aviduser
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    no because it only exclusively works with vodafone
    i would think like many other GSM phones, u could potentially use it on other carriers if you unlock it somehow.
    The resellers will be on this one for sure. But they will charge too much, I bet. They always do when it's a carrier unlocked phone, for some reason it's more than a generic unlocked one.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    To tell you the truth, I'm going to say that Palm will not put the North American 3G frequency radios in the GSM version, so you couldn't use it anyway.
    EDGE? GPRS? I know they suck in light of 3G, but people over here compromise.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It would be pretty unlikely for Palm to make a single band 3g (2100) version for Europe. Id be very surprised if it wasn't a normal, triband 3g chip (850, 1900, 2100).

As long as they can be unlocked I am sure it will work fine on AT&T. Since it is a whole new platform it might take some time for unlockers to get it unlocked.
    hopefully, palm will sell it unlocked in the 3g version.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  9. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I'd expect the Vodaphone model to be quadband, at least tri, but even T-mob and ATT implmented 3G differently here in the states. I've no idea if Vodaphone's implementation matches either/neither T-mobile or ATT's implmentation.
    What I *do* know is I'd never spend the money for an unlocked smartphone with crippled/oldworld data speeds. That's one of the biggest things going for these new gen phones, enough bandwidth to actually use the internet w/o going crazy!
    I sure hope ATT inks a deal to do the Pre in the US, even if it's later than sooner.
    ADS