Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • have the pre come out tommorrow, full of bugs, and figure it out as we go

27 25.96%
  • withstand the wait and have the pre come out late June working like a charm

77 74.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My first post wooo! I have been following this forum quite some time now, thought I would get in on the action.
    Last edited by hawkeyefan07; 02/17/2009 at 12:07 AM.
    Personally, I wouldn't mind being a knowing beta tester, especially since its been hinted that software updates are going to be much easier with this than with previous Palm devices. But, if that did happen, it would be disastrous for Palm as a company. Maybe they should just release the first batch tomorrow and make sure it all goes to posters here until they get things right.... or just release one tomorrow, and make sure it goes to my hand.
  3.    #3  
    Haha being a knowing beta tester...never thought of it like that
    I'm extremely selfish. I could withstand the bugs and play with the Pre as they got worked out. That would be really bad for Palm though, and I think we are all routing for them.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    I'll wait,
    I'm tired of being a beta tester.
  6.    #6  
    This will be my first smartphone, so I haven't had the pleasure of being a beta tester...

I am definitely rooting for palm. The more success they have, the more chance of great phones like the second gen pre and such.
    I have a Windows Mobile phone now...... I am tired of being a beta tester...on a powerful, very customizable, and clunky, prone to resets, operating system.

I want something like we saw during the Pre presentation....smooth, functional, pretty, and no problems.
    I'd rather have a bug-free device.

From Palm perspective, a June time frame may collide with a new iPhone release and have Palm's thunder stolen.

Regardless from a user's perspective, no excuse for putting out devices w/bugs.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I think it'll have bugs no matter when it comes out. But the more testing they can do, i can be patient. My real worry is that it doesn't go past June.
    I want it out tomorrow! With all the demos and presentations, it seems to be pretty smooth so far. I'll take what lil bugs it has right now.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    If the hardware is done, I rather have it out sooner then later - the software can always be updated later! However, if it is like the 700p where the bugs are more in the hardware then software, then I'll pass!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    wait.

we beta tested the treos, though we didn;t know it at the time.

been there, done that. give me a phone that works as advertised. period.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Considering that I was an unknowing beta tester for my 700p, I wouldnt mind bearing some bugs to have it now!
    My view on it is somewhere in the middle. I don't necessarily NEED it tomorrow, but as long as the hardware is solid and the only bugs are in software, then I don't mind beta testing. I feel like no matter how many bugs the Pre has, it'll still be better than having my 755p reboot a few times a day. The only thing I'll really miss is having VNC on my Treo. I'm sure that'll come out shortly after the SDK, but its gonna suck to wait for it. Everything else on the Pre looks really good already and waaaay more polished than anything I currently have. Waiting 'til the end of June hopefully will not be a consideration for Palm. Right before the iphone 3rd gen is announced is a BAD idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    My real worry is that it doesn't go past June.
    I agree, this is what we should be hoping for. After all, this is the ANNOUNCED time frame, "first half of 09". Maybe he should not have added, "as fast as we can".

After all, how many OFFICIAL launch dates have had to be postponed due to numerous unexpected problems during the "ramp"?
    BTW: no such thing as a bug free electronic device
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  17.    #17  
    eguy - your sig has future pre??? does this mean you don't think you will get one?!
    Can't wait for the updates!!
    I'll be waiting till March anyways so I can get my $150 off. So after then and hopefully not in Feb because it will be torture waiting for the device.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan07 View Post
    eguy - your sig has future pre??? does this mean you don't think you will get one?!
    Who knows... only time will tell
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  20.    #20  
    Well the sooner the better! I voted in this poll for waiting until June, but now I am thinking the other. I need this phone.
    Can't wait for the updates!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast