1.    #1  

We would've wagered 50 euros there'd be a GSM Pre announced at MWC this week -- but strangely, it didn't happen. If we had to guess, a grand unveiling was probably held up by behind-the-scenes manfacuturer-operator drama in the course of trying to nail an exclusivity agreement, but that's not to say there weren't still SIM card-toting Pres floating around the show. PreCommunity happened across one of these today and astutely noted the presence of a Vodafone SIM around back -- not damning evidence that the Pre will be announced as a Voda exclusive, granted, but it kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it? See for yourself in the video after the break.

That's great news--with the way things are going maybe they will release the GSM version before Sprint gets theirs in the U.S.

I am curious what are the 3 contacts that are clearly visible next to the SIM? Is there any chance those could be for a memory card? Seem too large to me, they look a lot like SIM contacts but of course they aren't as the SIM is already in the phone...Any guesses? Charger perhaps?
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    I am curious what are the 3 contacts that are clearly visible next to the SIM? Is there any chance those could be for a memory card? Seem too large to me, they look a lot like SIM contacts but of course they aren't as the SIM is already in the phone...Any guesses? Charger perhaps?
    Just a random guess, but I'd say something to do with the inductive charging back maybe.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Nice to see there is a GSM version up and running . Really hoping there is an unlocked version not far behind. Vodafone New Zealand is not exactly fast about releasing new phones... That, and I don't want any of their crap on it.