1.    #1  
    why is palm doing this? why are they not giving us a release date or anything like it? or any hint at all? the only reason i can think of is that they dont know when but how can that be when apple knew the iphones release date something like six months before?
    The reason why they haven't released a concrete release date is because there is none. They could give us a release date, but if there's a snag in any of the steps as far as launching the device goes then it would get delayed, then possibly delayed again, and that would be more frustrating than a panda urinating in your corn flakes.

As soon as they get through the testing process and get production models in the works then we'll get a solid release date.

The speculation is killing me too my friend. I like this better than delay after delay, like we've seen with so many previous devices.
  3.    #3  
    yea thats a good point i think if this turned out to have delay after delay it would sink palm. its just all this speculation is starting to rot my mind!
    they could not release it till long after all their shows, at least two months or three. i have sold demoed products at shows and not had it ready for months. the shop owners get hyped and spread the word more then you could imagine.

is the WMS the last one for them or is there another?

they got a great response to it so they are hyped, as they knew it would, so its just a production thing now. get the hardware set then install the software when its completed....
    anyone notice all the new phones on phonescoop? palm better hurry up before they miss the boat!
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574 View Post
    anyone notice all the new phones on phonescoop? palm better hurry up before they miss the boat!
    That's what I was thinking too... Barcelona could serve as a straight kick in the *** for Palm and Sprint, telling them to get the Pre out ASAP before H2 of the year rolls around and a whole slew of new phones will be released.

I do find it laughable that Verizon just now announced the Diamond to its line up in March, whereas Sprint is killing the Diamond already in July, most likely in anticipation of the Diamond 2 and Touch Pro 2.

So yeah Palm and Verizon...the competition is not sleeping....keep the ball rolling before the Pre lands up just being an "also ran" in the new phone wars.
    I don't think the pre will be fade away that fast. Even with all the phones coming out, none offers some of the best ore features. And you can only dress up winmo so much, underneat it all it's still winmo. I still haven't seen a phone that excites me like the ore or the iPhone when it first came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    I don't think the pre will be fade away that fast. Even with all the phones coming out, none offers some of the best ore features. And you can only dress up winmo so much, underneat it all it's still winmo. I still haven't seen a phone that excites me like the ore or the iPhone when it first came out.
    I followed the hoopla behind the iPhone as well, I even bought four of them and sold them all. I actually wanted one too, but I don't want AT&T. I am happy things turned out this way, just because I like the Pre's features better than the iPhones. For the time being we will have to be somewhat jealous of the graphical prowess the iPhone offers up for most of its apps, especially games. I really really hope that Sprint, or Palm, include a YouTube app at launch, I can't live without one!
    they do this with everything. its free advertising. i can think of at least 10 items in the last 2 years i have done this excact same thing on. looked for new information daily. spend endless hours on blogs. etc. etc.

it will be a long time my friend. im really seeing June, easily
    I read that once again Palm is not letting people use the Pre without Palm Rep holding it @ MWC. This is making me think that they are still months away from releasing it.
    Just makes me think they don't want some ***** running off with it or screwing it up.
  12.    #12  
    if they are not ready then why are they giving them out at the ifc film festival on feb 21?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    if they are not ready then why are they giving them out at the ifc film festival on feb 21?
    According to these articles, they probably aren't getting a Pre until it is actually released to the masses, "available by July".
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/15/c...ng-a-palm-pre/
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/7...-pre-giveaway/
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    The reason why they haven't released a concrete release date is because there is none. They could give us a release date, but if there's a snag in any of the steps as far as launching the device goes then it would get delayed, then possibly delayed again, and that would be more frustrating than a panda urinating in your corn flakes.

As soon as they get through the testing process and get production models in the works then we'll get a solid release date.

The speculation is killing me too my friend. I like this better than delay after delay, like we've seen with so many previous devices.
    Awesome
    If I saw a Panda Urinating in my Cornflakes,I think frustration would be FAR outweighed by the thought" WHAT THE....."
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    According to these articles, they probably aren't getting a Pre until it is actually released to the masses, "available by July".
    Celebrity Nerds: Anne Hathaway's getting a Palm Pre - Engadget
    Film Independent & US Weekly Pre Giveaway
    no i mean this: Giveaways | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    why?
    Because.
    palm can't screw this up, any avid reader of this board knows that. misleading on the release date would be very bad. Much worse then if samsung, nokia or Blackberry missed a release date. From a business perspective, they are doing the right thing.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.