1.    #1  
    "Thanks for all the questions and the comments, and for reading through chapter 1 (Palm.com : Palm Developer Network - Palm webOS from O'Reilly Media) for those of you who were able to look it over. I can’t address questions on individual product features or delivery dates, but will do my best to address others.

Charles, the Pre and webOS will migrate your data from Palm Desktop to the Pre and there will be a number of options for you to manage your data after it’s migrated. We are committed to making the transition easy for all Palm customers, especially those of you who have come to rely on it as an essential.

Stefan, Great question, I wish I had a simple answer, but the truth is that ideas come from a lot of sources. I'm fortunate to work with a extremely talented group here at Palm and I generally focus my work on helping the great ideas from the team move forward. I think it's critical to foster an open environment and support the internal champions.

Thanks again, Mitch"

Mitch Allen: Keeping an Open Mind | Facebook
    Last edited by treo2die4; 02/16/2009 at 09:20 PM.
    ummm..old news, no? thought the concern was more to be able to continually sync with Palm Desktop or some other desktop based PIM and not be forced into a cloud or internet based PIM. And Outlook w/Exchange doesn't count because it's a fee based sevice and still syncs OTA.
    Last edited by crogs571; 02/16/2009 at 08:57 PM.
    Have just skimmer Chapter 1 at this stage. Did not pick up on the SDK's UI during my skim. Is it WYSIWYG?
    Last edited by johncc; 02/17/2009 at 06:21 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    ummm..old news, no? thought the concern was more to be able to continually sync with Palm Desktop or some other desktop based PIM and not be forced into a cloud or internet based PIM. And Outlook w/Exchange doesn't count because it's a fee based sevice and still syncs OTA.
    I hadn't seen anything specific from a Palm exec., just added this to complete information and link to the facebook discussion.
    thank you mitch!!! keep feeding us more information!!!!

you da man!!!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Wait what? I'm confused. Is Treo2Die4 Mitch? The message is in quotes...
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    So for those of us still syncing with Palm Desktop, should we just wait and see or should we migrate to syncing with Outlook now?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Most of the sync threads died, but I believe the question was answered in some article or interview that was posted. The whole cloud and desktop syncing was a hot topic early on. But any factual information is always appreciated :-) Like the real reason there is no card slot or 16gb on board? haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    I hadn't seen anything specific from a Palm exec., just added this to complete information and link to the facebook discussion.

well I think outlook only helps if you're using exchange. Otherwise you're in the same boat as using PD.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    So for those of us still syncing with Palm Desktop, should we just wait and see or should we migrate to syncing with Outlook now?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  9.    #9  
    Sorry guys - not Mitch, just posted Mitch's facebook response and link.