Page 1 of 115 1234561151101 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The heck with all these "sources" that think they have the inside information on release dates.
    Let's just all make predictions and see who gets closest.

I will start:

Sprint Treo Pro Will be released on 3/15.(Notice the bold underline on Sprint, RichChestmat - wouldn't want you to get confused.)

Sprint Treo Pre will be released on 5/17. (Didn't go with the 5/10 date as that is Mother's day)
    Last edited by Kevin C; 02/26/2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Update title
    Haha isn't that all we have anyway? Predictions and speculation?

My guess is April 12 for the Pre, though I'll be happy if its earlier than that and won't be disappointed if its later than that.

I haven't really been following the Sprint Treo Pro too closely lately to make a guess on that. I'd have been interested in it if it wasn't for the Pre, but now I don't care about it at all.
  3.    #3  
    The main reason I listed it is because of all of the posts suggesting that the Pre will be released on 3/15, which is the newest and seemingly most reliable date for the Pro to be released and I am pretty sure that both will not be released on the same date.
    The Pre will be available March 15th.

The Pro will all be brought to the same location and burned in a pile because it was a wasted effort
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro - March 1st
    Sprint Palm Pre - March 15th
    Put me down for a firm March 15th for the Pre and the Treo Pro a tentative March 15 assuming it doesn't get delayed again. I know its wishful thinking, but if they wait much longer they know they'll be in trouble.
    As for me and my household, (I just put it in for a more authoritative appearance) we will mark March 15th for the Pre. The Pro will probably be released before then...but no one will care.
    Pro - March
    Pre - June
    March 15th. All signs point to 15th. Things are definitely gearing up. Only reason it will be later is if there is some unforeseen problem, but I think Palm wants the 15th.

On The Official Palm blog Matt Allen says he's been working hard for 3 years on WebOS. That sounds like somebody about to uncork the champagne, and soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor To Pre View Post
    On The Official Palm blog Matt Allen says he's been working hard for 3 years on WebOS. That sounds like somebody about to uncork the champagne, and soon.
    Dealing as I have with placing people on deadlines for a living, taking three years on a project does not mean it is coming sooner rather than later!

Pro: Feb 22.
    Pre: Late April to June.
    Pre2: September
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor To Pre View Post
    Mitch, not Matt.
    It is all so obvious!

Pro + Pre = PREO
    Sprint reps (1-800-Sprint1) are now taking names and phone numbers to call when the phone is in. They are very knowledgeable about the phone.
    i think i will be at least three months, simply because they are calling for a turn in the slowed economy about that time. i am sure they want to take advantage of the situation where people are starting to spend money like wild fire again and before they actually think about it.

mid to end of may.....at best
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Palm Pre - April 12th
    Pre -- April 1.
    Perfect date.
    I must say...unlike many of the other people that had chat sessions and talks with Sprint Reps on the phone or in person at a Sprint store, I never talked to anyone that ever mentioned the now debunked magic date of February 15. That's probably because I was late in the game meaning that by the time I started asking, most Sprint reps had learned the difference between the Pre and the Pro.

As far as my hope goes... March 15 would be nice, and I guess I will stick with it mainly because of the BGR uncovered EOL document, which really is the only concrete evidence we have at this point.
    Reports indicate Sprint is doing internal testing on the Pre. If this is the case, Palm released a "final" version to Sprint and we're waiting on Sprint now. Palm would not release an early version of the Pre for Sprint to test as that would be a waste of time for both sides since it'd make no sense to do testing on a device that isn't finished anyway. Since this product is going to be Sprint's golden phone, I don't expect them to fart around much like they did with Blackberry 4.5 release. Expect it March 15th or sooner.
    It is interesting too see what everyone thinks about a release date, especially since know one really knows anything. I am praying for 3/15 (pre), but I am about as confident as a midget wrestling Hulk Hogan.

I could care less about the pro, but I am guessing the sooner it comes out, the sooner the pre will.
    March - Pro
    June - Pre
Page 1 of 115 1234561151101 ... LastLast