Page 97 of 115 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2299
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Any coincidence the rumored announcement date is the same day as Sprint's shareholder meeting in KC?
    Hmm?
    Yeah, we'll know on May 19.
    that meeting took place today
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    So, in yesterdays paper there were Quizno's coupons, and they expire on 6/7/09. Coincidence? I think not.
    That is a crack up!

First post woo hoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    Did retentions state that you're not extending for two years with any change? This has happpened to many customers. It sounds like you are a seasoned sprint customer, however these actions can not be implied. Again, this was one of the major complaints about Sprint. Retentions or no Retentions.
    In my experience whenever you do anything with your plan you have to check a week later to see if your contract was extended without your approval. I think there is some kind of spiff, quota or commission for extending contracts and they used to sneak it in and you had to check and call back make sure your contract was not extended.
    I used to tape all my calls to retention and ended up playing it back to a supervisor many years ago when an entire series of promises were made and not placed on my plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    So, in yesterdays paper there were Quizno's coupons, and they expire on 6/7/09. Coincidence? I think not.
    LOL This totally cracked me up at work. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    In my experience whenever you do anything with your plan you have to check a week later to see if your contract was extended without your approval. I think there is some kind of spiff, quota or commission for extending contracts and they used to sneak it in and you had to check and call back make sure your contract was not extended.
    I used to tape all my calls to retention and ended up playing it back to a supervisor many years ago when an entire series of promises were made and not placed on my plan.
    and itʻs stuff like that that makes people say that CS is sucky, they shouldnʻt do stuff like that. Also I thinks itʻs kinda weird when people praise the great service they get from retentions, it might just be me but you shouldnʻt have to threaten to cancel to get good CS from a company. but thatʻs just me
    garinballbarin
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    why is this in the pre forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Well, I got put through to the retention department today since I told them I was going to be canceling two lines of service that had expired. (No intentions of really doing that, I just wanted them to make me offers like they always do - and as always, they did make some sweet offers, which I wound up accepting).

Anyway, I asked the guy about the Pre and he said that he just had training on it last week and that he LOVED it and was DEFINITELY going to buy one. He claimed it was very fast and he had NOTHING bad to say about it. Of course, he would not give up any other information and also said he did NOT know the release date.

I am beginning to wonder if June 7th is gonna come and go...with no Pre. Guess we all have to continue to be patient.
    I am trying to figure out exactly what about your phone call makes you think that the Pre will launch after June 7....
    Maybe it's because the guy said he didn't know the release date. But with employees supposedly losing their jobs over revealing info, no wonder he said that!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    Did retentions state that you're not extending for two years with any change? This has happpened to many customers. It sounds like you are a seasoned sprint customer, however these actions can not be implied. Again, this was one of the major complaints about Sprint. Retentions or no Retentions.
    the duck
    Sprint no longer extends your contract based on a plan change.

Gizmodo - Sprint Allows Users To Change Plans Without Extending Contract - Mobile Phones
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Thanks cary328is. Ya know, I wonder how many people on this forum are in a similar situation as I was (having a line or lines of service with expired contracts) and could benefit from my post by simply calling Sprint and saying "hey, I am going to cancel". Cuz when you do that, the retention department always offers up the world to try to keep you as a customer, and you do NOT have to necessarily extend your contract for them to sweeten your plan. And even if you DO extend your contract, that has NOTHING TO DO with whether or not you can get the Pre when it comes out. Another poster (I'm too lazy to see who it was) acted like if you extend your contract, you can't get the Pre for another two years. Balony. He's entirely wrong, with Sprint, contracts can be changed/modified without an extension, and even if you DO "re-up" (to use his term), you can still get the Pre when it comes out, without waiting 2 years - no idea where he was coming from.

Anyway, thanks for your post.
    There's a couple of important points in there that some folks may pass over.

1. Retention has a lot of things they can do that no other department can do.
    2. They can modify existing contracts.

I'll add, the better your track record with them, the more likely they are to do things like that.
    I think June 7th sounds cool. The phone is popping up everywhere in commercials (BravoTV use it for their text commercials)
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    05/03/2009, 06:50 PM I'm so sick of rumors. I'm gonna take a break from this forum until the phone is released.
    "Just when I thought I was out - they pull me back in." - Michael Corleone - The Godfather: Part III
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    "Just when I thought I was out - they pull me back in." - Michael Corleone - The Godfather: Part III
    It's too tough dammit! lmao
    Follow Me On

It's alright man....it's Aaaaaaaaallllriiiight....

Say it slowly.... "Hi, my name is Syphon, and I am Pre-a-holic"
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    At Best Buy. Probably Sprint's way of routing people to their stores for the initial batch.
    All indications are Best buy will have the same date as sprint stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Does Best Buy usually get a newly launched Sprint phone the same day as Sprint stores launch it or do they receive it after Sprint stores? Just wondering how that works. I thought that Sprint stores have exclusive sales of the phone before other retailers.
    Sprint stores almost never have exclusive sales before Best Buy and there is no indication otherwise.

Most "Sprint stores" are no longer owned by Sprint so why would Sprint give the Pre to a company that has four or ten "Sprint stores" in a city the Pre before Best Buy which has 1000 stores and is Sprint's fastest growing outlet.?
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    Remember the snafu w/ the Treo Pro.... BB had the Pro in their Mobile guide for the wrong price almost a whole month before they started selling them, plus i think a few slipped off the shelves before Sprint told them to hold off, and during the second launch they came out the same day... i bought one from BB had to pay 30 bucks extra, but it was worth it to not to have to w8 for a MIR
    Not what happened. That was a unique case. Indeed Both Sprint and Best buy started selling Pro on the scheduled launch time in January.

The launch was supposed to be January. Sprint Pro units went to Best Buy, they went to the Spprint store distribution centers. Sprint found a problem at the very last minute and issued a recall from the distribution centers. Despite this both Sprint and best buy sold some of them in January. The difference was that Sprint was able to pull them from their own stores, but not from best buy. But Sprint actually listed the Pro on their web site and sold many. I know because I ordered two. They canceled the orders. the next day.

But the point is Best Buy and Sprint had scheduled them for launch at the same day.
    The first step is to admit you have a problem. So, good for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    He hasn't really admitted to having the problem yet....

I have....

Hi, I am Manny, and I am a Pre-a-holic...or is it "Preaholic", or "Pre-aholic"?

Mr. Webster....add that word please!
    The only question is has your life become unmanageble by the pre?

I think not, so let's move on. This seems to be done in poor taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I don't have a problem, I swear! I have something far worse: a Pre-blem .