Page 96 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2299
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    *smack button*
    =P
    Ummmm, so what do these responses mean - a "-1" and a "smack button"
    It means they don't like your post.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    And rightfully so.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    They're only hurting themselves if they wait too much longer than June 7. And June 7 and after is actually horrible, they've likely bought themselves a really big fight if that's true.

There are still 3rd week to end of May rumors floating around. Even if only for Premier members, they need to get this thing out!
    yeah i know this has been discussed to death, but still..

Palm has a fight no matter what. The media will compare this thing tooth and nail vs the iphone. There's no getting around that.

Palm can either try to aim for their own spotlight and talk up their phone (and still get dragged through the mud with the iphone talk). Or they can come out swinging and take em head on.

I like the latter approach. Works in politics too..
    If only someone would leak the actual new prototype(they did this with the new Nano and Mac mini), then we'd see whether Palm has a chance to beat the press and fanpeople or not.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    So, let me get this straight, furreverdad...

You re-upped with them because they gave you good deals, and now when the Pre does come out you will have to wait 2 more years to get it, when your contracts expire?? Couldn't you have waited 'til the Pre came out (soon) to re-up with them? You can live month-to-month under your old contract terms, and may only have 1 or 2 weeks (or months) to wait.

I think that is why people didn't like your post, you threatened to cancel, but wimped out and signed a contact, without the Pre! Some would call that being a sucker, but there is one born every minute, so you are not alone.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post

You re-upped with them because they gave you good deals, and now when the Pre does come out you will have to wait 2 more years to get it, when your contracts expire?? Couldn't you have waited 'til the Pre came out (soon) to re-up with them? You can live month-to-month under your old contract terms, and may only have 1 or 2 weeks (or months) to wait.

I think that is why people didn't like your post, you threatened to cancel, but wimped out and signed a contact, without the Pre! Some would call that being a sucker, but there is one born every minute, so you are not alone.
    Ummmm, hello, where did I say I re-upped??!!! I switched plans, which does NOT required a contract extension. I have FIVE lines of service. MINE was the everthing data 900 and the other four lines were on the family share 1500. All I did was THREATEN them to drop two of the (expired) lines, stating that I "couldn't afford them" and I wound up switching all five lines to a different family plan that gives me better data access for all the lines, 6pm nights and weekends, and 500 bonus minutes to boot - that was all from simply telling them I was CONSIDERING dropping the two expired lines of service. END RESULT: I have a better plan, no increase in cost, 6pm nights and weekends and STILL HAVE TWO LINES WITH A $150.00 CREDIT, THOSE BEING THE TWO FOR WHICH I WILL PURCHASE THE PRE. So I have no idea what the h$@#l anyone was upset at my post for?! And if it was the TITLE, note that the title started with "For what it's worth".

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!
    Last edited by furreverdad; 05/12/2009 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    *smack button*
    =P
    Yeah, right, for no good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post

And another thing duandedude1, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about since Sprint plans and Sprint phone upgrades are two different things. You can change plans all day long and it has ZERO effect on your contract date. Apparently YOU are the sucker if you did not know this. I was probably using Sprint when you were still poopin' your pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    And rightfully so.
    Really? Read my remaining posts and if you still think "rightfully so" than you're ignorant. But I still like ya.
    ugh
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Yeah, right, for no good reason.
    Relax. I put a tongue smiley to show that it's just a joke.
    Follow Me On

Come on... poopin' your pants? You didn't just type that.

Wow. Just when I didn't think I couldn't be surprised on the internet anymore.
    Anyway, thanks for the update. Nice try to get info out of the retnetions department. Time to move on to another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    Come on... poopin' your pants? You didn't just type that.

Wow. Just when I didn't think I couldn't be surprised on the internet anymore.
    Yeah, I'm afraid I did. Sorry, I was kinda venting. It just angers me when people start saying I'M a sucker, or they didn't like my post, and for no GOOD reason. Fact is, if most of them would read what I actually DID DO (as described above in my other posts), maybe they could humble themselves and actually LEARN something. I learn something from you guys all the time, and never find a reason to slam someone's post just cuz I don't like it.

Maybe we're all just getting a little jumpy cuz we're all tired of WAITING!
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Really? Read my remaining posts and if you still think "rightfully so" than you're ignorant. But I still like ya.
    Buddy, you really don't realize why people gave you the thumbs down and -1 ratings. I'd explain it, but I don't want to get into a personal back and forth. Have a nice day, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Buddy, you really don't realize why people gave you the thumbs down and -1 ratings. I'd explain it, but I don't want to get into a personal back and forth. Have a nice day, anyway.
    I won't get angry. As I said, I learn from you guys all the time. So go ahead and tell me (please be polite) so that I can avoid posting like that again. I thought I provided some valuable information, especially in my follow up posts. If not, I apologize. But seriously, I am interested in what you want to say. There won't be any back and forth.
    furreverdad - I think your initial intention (other than changing plans) was to get more information regarding the Pre....and for that I appreciate your efforts. It's not always easy getting rough feedback when you're just trying to provide the forum with some information, but don't take it personal. I think the frustration of rumors and all the speculation has damaged our patience with people.

On that note - I'm glad that the person you spoke to raved about the Pre and his experience training with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    furreverdad - I think your initial intention (other than changing plans) was to get more information regarding the Pre....and for that I appreciate your efforts. It's not always easy getting rough feedback when you're just trying to provide the forum with some information, but don't take it personal. I think the frustration of rumors and all the speculation has damaged our patience with people.

On that note - I'm glad that the person you spoke to raved about the Pre and his experience training with it.
    Thanks cary328is. Ya know, I wonder how many people on this forum are in a similar situation as I was (having a line or lines of service with expired contracts) and could benefit from my post by simply calling Sprint and saying "hey, I am going to cancel". Cuz when you do that, the retention department always offers up the world to try to keep you as a customer, and you do NOT have to necessarily extend your contract for them to sweeten your plan. And even if you DO extend your contract, that has NOTHING TO DO with whether or not you can get the Pre when it comes out. Another poster (I'm too lazy to see who it was) acted like if you extend your contract, you can't get the Pre for another two years. Balony. He's entirely wrong, with Sprint, contracts can be changed/modified without an extension, and even if you DO "re-up" (to use his term), you can still get the Pre when it comes out, without waiting 2 years - no idea where he was coming from.

Anyway, thanks for your post.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Did retentions state that you're not extending for two years with any change? This has happpened to many customers. It sounds like you are a seasoned sprint customer, however these actions can not be implied. Again, this was one of the major complaints about Sprint. Retentions or no Retentions.
    the duck