Page 95 of 115 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596979899100105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2299
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    I find it interesting that a store manager of Best Buy has never heard of the Pre. How can that be?
    The guy in question isn't particularly tech-savvy-- He's a bit of a hick.

A hick with an MBA isn't all that uncommon around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Does Best Buy usually get a newly launched Sprint phone the same day as Sprint stores launch it or do they receive it after Sprint stores? Just wondering how that works. I thought that Sprint stores have exclusive sales of the phone before other retailers.

Remember the snafu w/ the Treo Pro.... BB had the Pro in their Mobile guide for the wrong price almost a whole month before they started selling them, plus i think a few slipped off the shelves before Sprint told them to hold off, and during the second launch they came out the same day... i bought one from BB had to pay 30 bucks extra, but it was worth it to not to have to w8 for a MIR
    So, in yesterdays paper there were Quizno's coupons, and they expire on 6/7/09. Coincidence? I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    So, in yesterdays paper there were Quizno's coupons, and they expire on 6/7/09. Coincidence? I think not.
    *gasp* I can get a discounted toasty sub and a Pre!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    I find it interesting that a store manager of Best Buy has never heard of the Pre. How can that be?
    Why would he if he doesn't have any interest in the phone? If I was a store manager at Bestbuy and a new type of Monster Cable thats going to be released soon, I doubt I would be giddy and go to message boards everyday to find out all the rumors.

Just because its important to one person, doesn't mean it is to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The only people who know much about the Pre right now are the technological-minded (read: geeks ) like us who are actively looking for every little detail we can find.
    I disagree with this statement, and many others like it on this forum. I am not one of the geeks you refer to. I simply spent a few minutes looking for a new phone a couple of months ago in anticipation of my contract expiring. It didn't take long to find out about the Pre - and now I'm hooked. Also, every store rep I talk to says they're getting tons of questions about the Pre daily. Other posters have reported similar comments from their store reps. Bottom line, I think the word is out there amongst the "general public" despite the full scale marketing attack not happening yet.

Just my thougths
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Non-geeks don't go to forums to read about things they are thinking about buying.
    Let me clarify. I've definitely got the "geek" part down. I'm just not one of the so-called techno varieties.
    Got a little excited when I received the "Business Premier" booklet called Sprint Connection. On the bottom of the Pre page, it says, Order Yours Now. Called Sprint Business phone # and as usual nobody knew anything about their own brochure. Oh well!!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by georges326 View Post
    Got a little excited when I received the "Business Premier" booklet called Sprint Connection. On the bottom of the Pre page, it says, Order Yours Now. Called Sprint Business phone # and as usual nobody knew anything about their own brochure. Oh well!!!
    pic?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Non-geeks don't go to forums to read about things they are thinking about buying.
    Non-geeks usually only think about buying the phones they see at the mall kiosk.
    Guess I've gotten promoted, I now have 4 Treo Pro's & then some.
    Any coincidence the rumored announcement date is the same day as Sprint's shareholder meeting in KC?
    Hmm?
    Yeah, we'll know on May 19.
    Well, I got put through to the retention department today since I told them I was going to be canceling two lines of service that had expired. (No intentions of really doing that, I just wanted them to make me offers like they always do - and as always, they did make some sweet offers, which I wound up accepting).

Anyway, I asked the guy about the Pre and he said that he just had training on it last week and that he LOVED it and was DEFINITELY going to buy one. He claimed it was very fast and he had NOTHING bad to say about it. Of course, he would not give up any other information and also said he did NOT know the release date.

I am beginning to wonder if June 7th is gonna come and go...with no Pre. Guess we all have to continue to be patient.
    So, did you cancel?
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Well, I got put through to the retention department today since I told them I was going to be canceling two lines of service that had expired. (No intentions of really doing that, I just wanted them to make me offers like they always do - and as always, they did make some sweet offers, which I wound up accepting).

Anyway, I asked the guy about the Pre and he said that he just had training on it last week and that he LOVED it and was DEFINITELY going to buy one. He claimed it was very fast and he had NOTHING bad to say about it. Of course, he would not give up any other information and also said he did NOT know the release date.

I am beginning to wonder if June 7th is gonna come and go...with no Pre. Guess we all have to continue to be patient.
    *smack button*
    =P
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I am at rally with the company I work for, and went by Sprint's booth and spoke with the guys. I asked if they had a display of the Pre, and he said no, they won't be available till June 15th. Man, I hope he's wrong
    They're only hurting themselves if they wait too much longer than June 7. And June 7 and after is actually horrible, they've likely bought themselves a really big fight if that's true.

There are still 3rd week to end of May rumors floating around. Even if only for Premier members, they need to get this thing out!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post

come on smalls, your better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    So, did you cancel?
    Nope, they offered a great deal, as the retention department always does. So I still have all my lines (5 total for the family)