Page 92 of 115 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2299
    I honestly don't think it's a good idea either.

One way they could succeed is if the rumor of an actual September iPhone release is true(it's likely it's just an ANNOUNCEMENT on the 8th). But this is all a big gamble for Palm and Sprint, no matter how you look at it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    1H09 is great when you are just announcing a product. It's wholly another thing when you you know your chief competition is more then likely coming out with a newer product at the same time.

Then lets not forget the announcement that wasn't one back a month or so ago. Unless they have something they have been keeping secret. This is going to end badly for Sprint and Palm.

Oh and that July 01 date is even worse if we hear that the new Iphone will be out in 3 weeks from the announcement.
    Lemme get this straight: You're criticizing the (unannounced) Pre release date for being too close to the (unannounced) date for the (unannounced) new iPhone hardware because it wasn't the date of some rumored announcement that wasn't?

Good to know you've thought this out.
    Fritter & Fret, so many ready for the Pre, All I can say is on your mark, get ready....
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Fritter & Fret, so many ready for the Pre, All I can say is on your mark, get ready....
    I guess this is supposed to be a tease because some AT or Sprint person told you something?

Sorry, but so many "insiders" have said so much, nothing less than an official announcement would mean anything at this point.
    Nah just throwing a litlle calming effect out there. We all know it's almost here
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Dont know if any of you have received the Spring 09 Sprint Connection in the mail, the one with the Palm Pre on the cover. Anyhow I received mine just this morning and after reading a little bit of it, im starting to think that the Pre might not come out until the 28th of june. The first sentence might hint at the release date. It says,"This summer, keep it all organized with the phone that's revolutionizing the wireless world as we know it". Well summer doesnt start til around the 22nd of june if im correct so the 28th would be the only sunday before july. I hope im wrong, because thats seems too far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machjuan View Post
    Dont know if any of you have received the Spring 09 Sprint Connection in the mail, the one with the Palm Pre on the cover. Anyhow I received mine just this morning and after reading a little bit of it, im starting to think that the Pre might not come out until the 28th of june. The first sentence might hint at the release date. It says,"This summer, keep it all organized with the phone that's revolutionizing the wireless world as we know it". Well summer doesnt start til around the 22nd of june if im correct so the 28th would be the only sunday before july. I hope im wrong, because thats seems too far away.
    Some people consider Memorial Day to be the unofficial start to the summer though.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Yeah, you are right. Well I hope its 7th and not the 28th, because the phone I have sucks and everyone I know either have the G1 or the Iphone. I need something to brag about too.
  9.    #1829  
    Why can't it be a week from tomorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Why can't it be a week from tomorrow?
    Because the Pre is too cool to be hampered by our mere mortal wishes....

And probably cause they need to make a boat load of them
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Lemme get this straight: You're criticizing the (unannounced) Pre release date for being too close to the (unannounced) date for the (unannounced) new iPhone hardware because it wasn't the date of some rumored announcement that wasn't?

What I am criticizing is that Sprint and Palm have know that more then likely Apple was going to at least announce if not display their new upgraded Iphone. By pulling this stunt, Sprint may get one day of press and months of crickets chirping. They had a choice one that I think is a blunder that might Kill Palm.

I want this to succeed. I'd love to see Palm roar back. I'm just worried that they are trying too hard to be smart. Thereby shooting themselves in the foot one last time.
    Thereby shooting themselves in the foot one last time.
    They have already shot themselves 30 times in both feet already, I don't think one more time would make a difference...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    FWIW, I was at the mall today & discovered that they had Sprint booth RIGHT in front of the apple store. Har, har, har. (raspberry)

Anywho, I couldn't help myself. The young man came over & asked if he could help me. I batted my eyelashes, gave him my best seductive look and replied, "I don't know. Can you tell me when the Pre will be released?" He smiled broadly and said, "I can tell you it's coming out after May 16." I started to walk away,but threw over my shoulder, "See you May 17", and got an even bigger smile.

I still think 17 has a chance.
    eh...post is useless without knowing what you look like
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Anywho, I couldn't help myself. The young man came over & asked if he could help me. I batted my eyelashes, gave him my best seductive look and replied, "I don't know. Can you tell me when the Pre will be released?" He smiled broadly and said, "I can tell you it's coming out after May 16." I started to walk away,but threw over my shoulder, "See you May 17", and got an even bigger smile.

I still think 17 has a chance.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    What I am criticizing is that Sprint and Palm have know that more then likely Apple was going to at least announce if not display their new upgraded Iphone. By pulling this stunt, Sprint may get one day of press and months of crickets chirping. They had a choice one that I think is a blunder that might Kill Palm.

I want this to succeed. I'd love to see Palm roar back. I'm just worried that they are trying too hard to be smart. Thereby shooting themselves in the foot one last time.
    I've thought about this June 7 date all week. Even though all signs point to it being the case, I can't help but think this is absolutely psychotic. The only explanation I've got is Sprint is hoping to have a month long of comparisons between the iPhone and themselves which gives them some free word of mouth on the subject. That's it, it's all I can come up with. As it stands June 7th is less than a month away with no marketing bucks having been spent yet, with a public that is near completely unaware of this product and will need to be convinced of its merits within that month. Additionally, Sprint is asking its convincing customers to be so certain of this device at launch that they are willing to purchase it without seeing what Apple's next offerings are. Currently, as interested as I am in their phone, I myself will wait the month plus to see Apple's new offerings in the flesh, much less waiting the handful of days (if we're talking a June 5 launch) to see what Apple unleashes at WWDC.

If this $10 reduction per month turns out to be true, the pricing wars are heating up (T-mo started it a month or so ago and is expected to do more). I fully expect Verizon to jump in on this as well leaving Sprint average with them at best. I'm wondering if this 10 buck price drop however is leaving some room for an add'l feature charge for video chat which I'm expecting on this device. We live in interesting times in the cell phone markets. Let the Great Cell Phone Price War of 09 begin.
    Thanks crogs571. U're right. Here goes ...

I look like a 45 yr old, mid. sch. teacher...tired as hell. (wink)
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Thanks crogs571. U're right. Here goes ...

I look like a 45 yr old, mid. sch. teacher...tired as hell. (wink)
    hmm...and i look like a 43 yr old physician who also is tired as hell...other than a few body parts being different...we could be twins!
    Just one person's 2 cents.
    I think the reason why the Pre is coming out in June and not May was that the software wasn't ready.
    It would explain the reason why the Sprint advocates didn't get the Pre until recently and why training has been delayed.
    Palm wants to make sure Web OS is ready for prime time and I bet the beta testers found some bugs that took longer than expected to get worked out.
    Just a guess.
    I hope when the Pre is out, a Sprint insider tells what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    I've thought about this June 7 date all week. Even though all signs point to it being the case, I can't help but think this is absolutely psychotic. The only explanation I've got is Sprint is hoping to have a month long of comparisons between the iPhone and themselves which gives them some free word of mouth on the subject. That's it, it's all I can come up with. As it stands June 7th is less than a month away with no marketing bucks having been spent yet, with a public that is near completely unaware of this product and will need to be convinced of its merits within that month. Additionally, Sprint is asking its convincing customers to be so certain of this device at launch that they are willing to purchase it without seeing what Apple's next offerings are. Currently, as interested as I am in their phone, I myself will wait the month plus to see Apple's new offerings in the flesh, much less waiting the handful of days (if we're talking a June 5 launch) to see what Apple unleashes at WWDC.

If this $10 reduction per month turns out to be true, the pricing wars are heating up (T-mo started it a month or so ago and is expected to do more). I fully expect Verizon to jump in on this as well leaving Sprint average with them at best. I'm wondering if this 10 buck price drop however is leaving some room for an add'l feature charge for video chat which I'm expecting on this device. We live in interesting times in the cell phone markets. Let the Great Cell Phone Price War of 09 begin.
    And that is where I will probably be sad to say. I've been with Tmo for years When the first gen Iphone came out I was stoked. Especially since it would work with some jailbreaking for Tmo. FF 18 months, Still have the phone it's one of the best I have had. My problem now is Tmo. Over the last 6 months I now frequent a section of the neighboring town That is a total Dead Zone. I was getting so frustrated I was considering going to the Death Star and paying my pound of flesh for better coverage. Then I heard about the Pre. I thought hey there, that might be better. Least it got me curious. Then nothing, static no news. We all heard that. Now We get these conflicting reports that it looks like they want to pull a stunt on apple. Oh great I say, this is going to be a disaster. I was getting soo mad that I was seriously going to the ATT corp store in the mall today and just bite the bullet. Not that I didn't have good reason. Darn signal died 4 times while in there. And that's with the Tmo corp store in the mall. Then I thought why do this now the Pre will be out and maybe just maybe this will all work out. So here I wait crossing fingers, toes legs ect. Waiting again.