Page 91 of 115 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2299
    I am predicting a May launch. My ninja said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    I am predicting a May launch. My ninja said so.
    My ninja said yours is lying.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    My ninja doesn't talk. He just kills without anybody knowing.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    My pirate won't stop singing...

♫ Do what you want cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate! ♫

Yes, I think we are all being driven to madness.
    What in the world is a "jump key".
    I couldn't find a link to any doc.
    What am I missing?
    Just curious, so what made the may 17th release date unlikely, because no one talks about it anymore.
    That June 7th date with the Pre, posted on the Insider guy's calender.

Palm Pre Release Date Quickie « Inside Sprint Now

Also this, although it's been considered a fake memo. But the dates are close.
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...launch-timing/
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    With the Pre looking like a 1, it looks like June 17th to me
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    With the Pre looking like a 1, it looks like June 17th to me
    nah if it was supposed to be a 1 i would think the keyboard would be showing too so its longer
    I'm sure this question sounds really dumb but what do you mean a 1?
    The pre looks like a 0, not a 1.
    The other thing that makes May 17 unlikely is absolutely no Pre-specific advertising yet.
    I've resigned myself to the fact that the 7th is probably the launch date. Am I happy about it? NOOO! Could this be the biggest mistake by Sprint and Palm? YEP! Will Apple have their lunch? You betcya! If they had kept to the 17th as the date. They would have had plenty of press time and ad's running day and night.

Sadly what is going to happen is some lower level flunky is going to get the ax. It should be both boards of directors. Those are the ones truly responsible for this debacle.
    Well the sprint reps I talked to yesterday still say it has a good chance for next week.. meaning the 17th. I guess we'll see in 8 days
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    I've resigned myself to the fact that the 7th is probably the launch date. Am I happy about it? NOOO! Could this be the biggest mistake by Sprint and Palm? YEP! Will Apple have their lunch? You betcya! If they had kept to the 17th as the date. They would have had plenty of press time and ad's running day and night.

Sadly what is going to happen is some lower level flunky is going to get the ax. It should be both boards of directors. Those are the ones truly responsible for this debacle.
    What debacle? When did Sprint plan on releasing it on 5/17? Please don't confuse rumors and reality. Palm said it will be released in 1H09, so unless today is July 1, there is no debacle.
    i can't get it until end of july or early august so it doesn't matter to me but i would like it sooner rather than later so the hype has died down a little
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    Well the sprint reps I talked to yesterday still say it has a good chance for next week.. meaning the 17th. I guess we'll see in 8 days
    The only way I see that as being possible would be a soft-launch on the 17th for Premier customers, and then the actual launch still on June 7. That would actually help to get the buzz going behind the advertising I assume has to be coming soon. (And no, I don't think that will happen.)

I just think it's impossible that there'd be a full launch in a week with absolutely no advertising yet. The only people who know much about the Pre right now are the technological-minded (read: geeks ) like us who are actively looking for every little detail we can find. It'd be suicide to have a full-scale launch like that, especially when the first thing that people will do to compare against the iPhone is compare first day sales numbers.
    Releasing next to the Apple announcement is considered a mistake by some, that could be the "debacle" he means.

As for the 17th of May with barely any ads, that's not a good move either, if true. Unless the release is going to select people(Premiere, Business, etc.). But they still need to SAY SOMETHING.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    What debacle? When did Sprint plan on releasing it on 5/17? Please don't confuse rumors and reality. Palm said it will be released in 1H09, so unless today is July 1, there is no debacle.
    1H09 is great when you are just announcing a product. It's wholly another thing when you you know your chief competition is more then likely coming out with a newer product at the same time. Then lets not forget the announcement that wasn't one back a month or so ago. Unless they have something they have been keeping secret. This is going to end badly for Sprint and Palm.

Oh and that July 01 date is even worse if we hear that the new Iphone will be out in 3 weeks from the announcement.
  20.    #1820  
    Sprint and Palm are still keeping it under wraps...what do you think the surprise apps and functionality will be announced when it releases next Sunday?