Page 9 of 115 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    having been in the business I can promise you that video promotional commercial material was shot for Pre in January, February, March and on.
    You are partially correct. Filming has been done several times. With changes to features, emphasis on different features, and most importantly, PRICE.. You cannot have a finished commercial until the PRICE is set.

I appreciate you coming to most of my threads being the "forum cynic" but seriously, are you an insider that can dispute EVERYTHING I will ever post?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    You are partially correct. Filming has been done several times. With changes to features, emphasis on different features, and most importantly, PRICE.. You cannot have a finished commercial until the PRICE is set.
    You mean a set price in the commercial itself? If that's what you mean, then that isn't true.

Many phone commercials air without a price labeled at the end.
    Take this Superbowl ad for example:

youre not going to release a commercial without having a price for your product (that doesnt mean it has to be on the commercial)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Doubt it. Unless Palm shells out a bunch of money for overnight Saturday deliveries (UPS also doesn't deliver on Sunday's & the 12th is a holiday).

If the phone were to be released that weekend, shipping would probably begin on Wednesday the 8th. That is enough time for stores to get as many by Sunday the 12th.
    good point, but i am sticking to my prediction (can't go back on it now ?:-) )
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    good point, but i am sticking to my prediction (can't go back on it now ?:-) )
    Couldn't Fed Ex ship overnight Sunday for Monday AM delivery?
    I'm really not interested in any pictures to prove what he's saying unless we get them now.
    cant do it beanis. He has a great job that pays high, im not going to risk that for the sake of a few impatient tech nerds (im one too, calm down)
    youre not going to release a commercial without having a price for your product (that doesnt mean it has to be on the commercial)
    You are in obviously totally unfamiliar with adverting. You mentioned filming material for commercials and video presentations. I promise you this has been begin done since January.

Secondly lots of stuff for instinct was filmed long before release and long before their was a price.
    <<edited by berd>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/06/2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Just in Case
    cant do it beanis. He has a great job that pays high, im not going to risk that for the sake of a few impatient tech nerds (im one too, calm down)
    Is there anything in the pic that could implicate him?
    besides having a Pre in it? NO.

Aero, I didnt claim that my OPINION on the advertising process came from anyone at sprint. I said the release date did.

<<edited by berd>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/06/2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Couldn't Fed Ex ship overnight Sunday for Monday AM delivery?
    YEs. But i belive his point was it's more expensive

don't worry the story is 100% bogus. it is a childish prank .
    Yep - unless some proof is made available, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I'm hoping that's obvious to everyone Aero.
    It' not obvious to everyone - which is not fare to people excited about the phone that come here for info and read this

I am not falsely and laughable asserting insider knowledge at Palm, for which you have yet to established one iota of credibility.
    Not to support personal attackes, but this is fare judgement. The priort to visits by this guy were not impressive. There is no credability in his statements.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I think it's all fun. I wish people wouldn't attack one another though. It's unbecoming of some of our forum regular's intelligence. No matter how well they word their attacks.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Youre right, Im not going to succumb to pressure to "prove" anything. Maybe I am just messing with you guys. Maybe not?

How does one build credibility without having a first "scoop"? Just curious? Do I have to call the weather first? LOL.

Aero, I stick to my statement. You seem to think it is your job to prove everyone wrong and yourself right on this forum. Why? Just out of curiousity.

Again, I repeat, if you dont want to see what I have to say, dont read it.

Card, you are about in the same boat as Aero, both so negative on here. I have tried being nice to you, but you still follow my every thread with such negativity.. why? Are you and Aero the same person on a different personality frequency? There are medicines for that.

As for my first tWo appearances on this message board, I was banned for swearing, not trolling or passing bad info.

When it all boils down to it, you should not believe half of what you read, and 10 percent of what you see. I believe fully what I have been told and have shared it with you, if you do not like apples, do not eat apples.. k?
    I, for one, really enjoy the back and forth. It's really pretty good entertainment. I'm hoping to see Aero and 3x go at it for another 30 or 40 rounds. It's like Jerry Springer in text.

Is it March 12th yet?
    Whatever it takes to keep this thread alive until "April 5th or 12th", right?
    holy christ, its a phone. what do you all do when your views are different on politics and religion?????
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    holy christ, its a phone. what do you all do when your views are different on politics and religion?????
    They use actual physical....thumb wars!
    and for the smart guy referring to the "5th or 12th" read what I have said. You should feel slightly less smart after you do.
  19. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    Yes :-) its a phone , that's the reason for the fight.
    you can be flexible about politics and religion.

I am having fun with this post, 3xacharm said some valid points.

The others are reasonable, but bit negative.

And in the end its a phone :-)
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    You make a lot of sense with your reasoning, but at the same time, my thought would be that most people buying the Treo Pro will be business people. They need to have a WinMo device. Those that aren't business people and still want the Treo Pro will probably already know about the Pre and are waiting 'til it comes out. There might be a very small minority that will actually be sketchy and return the Treo Pro after using it for a month. The other problem is people with Treos would have to transfer all their data and do all the setups just to use it for a month, and then still not know if they'll have to go back to to their old phone after that time. It's just not worth it.
    right said,
    Iam not sure if Pre will support Microsoft Office