Page 89 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2299
    Even if a canary trap, is the date possibly still legit? This is also the date posted on the guy's calender from the "insider" group, the one who said he wasn't going to "directly" reveal the date.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Even if a canary trap, is the date possibly still legit? This is also the date posted on the guy's calender from the "insider" group, the one who said he wasn't going to "directly" reveal the date.
    good point
    Actually I should have said "close to the date" since it's 2 days off.

But there's not too much difference and the "Launch Lunch" may be some kind of lunch party celebration for the launch.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    1. Read the second post.
    Friend I read the second post. The advocate in the sprint stores are not going anywhere for two weeks of training. ok?
    Don't get upset because people know how sprint works. You didn't expect to put up a thread with debunkable info and not get debunked?
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Friend I read the second post. The advocate in the sprint stores are not going anywhere for two weeks of training. ok?
    Don't get upset because people know how sprint works. You didn't expect to put up a thread with debunkable info and not get debunked?
    How is this "Debunkable" info? Do you know for sure that Sprint did not send out a memo to expect the Pre release first week in June? Do you know for sure they did? We have heard from several sources that employees are expecting a training session on the Pre, why is this any different?

I am not saying its credible. Heck, its just something a store employee said. All I am saying is you can't prove it either way. As I have said multiple times above, it's just more gossip to add to the pot, and it just happens to correlate to the June 7th ish release info we have seen elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Palm has nothing to do with the release. Sprint will be the ones to announce the date so having the palm PRPRPR $person$ $out$ $is$ $nothing$.
    Exactly. Anyway 99% of Palms end on the PRPRPR $is$ $outsourced$ $and$ $their$ $end$ $is$ $minimal$ $anyway$.
    Actually, I don't disagree. I've repeatedly criticized Sprint for not marketing phones AT ALL in the past (Rant and Instinct aside). But when it comes to marketing the Pre, I don't see how you can possibly judge them since:

A) They haven't started marketing yet, so there's nothing to judge, and...
    B) There is no specific release date, so you can't judge whether they started marketing it too late or not.
    How is this "Debunkable" info? Do you know for sure that Sprint did not send out a memo to expect the Pre release first week in June? Do you know for sure they did? We have heard from several sources that employees are expecting a training session on the Pre, why is this any different?

I am not saying its credible. Heck, its just something a store employee said. All I am saying is you can't prove it either way. As I have said multiple times above, it's just more gossip to add to the pot, and it just happens to correlate to the June 7th ish release info we have seen elsewhere.
    Not only that, there are other possibilities that are completely plausable that fit the description.

He did say they are being trained for 2 weeks very soon on the new Pre, and he should know a LOT more after that.
    So, if they have a one hour webinar every weekday for the two weeks, is that "being trained for 2 weeks"?

How about if they have 2 days of training M-T, W-Th, F-M, T-W, Th-F and each employee is expected to pick one of those two days. Does that fit?

There are probably a few more scenarios that could work as well.

I understand human nature well enough to see how information on something like this can get munged on the details, but the core stuff is still the truth.

Does that mean it's right? Nah, but it could be...
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    If everyone is training for two weeks straight, who is working at the store?
    I thought a Launch Lunch was when they loaded all the food into some catapult and people sat on the other end like baby birds with their mouth open just waiting for something to fly in.

Is that a new Sprint event or is that a Palm exclusive now?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    If everyone is training for two weeks straight, who is working at the store?
    I would imagine the monkeys.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I never did get the e-mail. Tom, can you post the link?
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Not sure I beleieve his info on the Pre being 4G but I guess its probable...
    it is so improbable that there's a higher chance of circuit city rising up from the ashes than the Pre being 4G.
    Two weeks training - for a phone??

Sheesh you guys are gullible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I would imagine the monkeys.
    He's a chimp, and now he's insulted.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I have my Mac mail set to make the Mail icon in the dock bounce when it get email from Sprint.

I was disappointed to see a bounce from Sprint but no Pre.
    I'm disappointed your using a mac.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    He's a chimp, and now he's insulted.
    my apologies. Please send my regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    it is so improbable that there's a higher chance of circuit city rising up from the ashes than the Pre being 4G.
    I guess you don't know about this: Link.

again, 4G Pre is probable, not likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    If Sprint nails down the date tomorrow, I'll have a nerdgasm. I'm already seeing Star Trek in IMAX, so a date for the Pre would absolutely make my day.
    "Nerdgasm." That is one of the funniest things I have read!
    Just another data point. The advocate at my sprint store said that training was supposed to start soon, but he still didn't have a device. (as of yesterday)