Page 88 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788899091929398 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2299
    *if the rumor is true* The first weekend in June is 4 weeks away and not one serious nothing but Pre advert. That is a bad marketing 101 for the average Joe right there.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I walked into a privately owned Sprint Store (independent I guess you call them?)
    Seriously your narrative reads identical to 100 narratives since January about release in February, then March.

Is there a template you guys are using?
    No no, he said Sprint was doing a two week training thing for the Pre, and he would know more when he gets back. Not his personal company. Come to think of it, while this used to be a private company, his was wearing a "Sprint" shirt, and not a "xxxxxxxx Wireless" shirt like they used to wear. The sign also just said "Sprint" and not "xxxx Wireless - Sprint" like it used to. Might not even be privately owned anymore, but I would assume it still is.
    More and more stores are independently owned. they all have sprint signs, logos and sprint shirts, and you would not know the difference witout consulting the sprint site.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    Most stores send 1 person, who comes back to share the information, and depending if the 3rd party is a "Preferred Retailer" Sprint my insist that someone from each store goes.
    No independent store is sending anyone anywhere for two weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Seriously your narrative reads identical to 100 narratives since January about release in February, then March.

Is there a template you guys are using?
    More and more stores are independently owned. they all have sprint signs, logos and sprint shirts, and you would not know the difference witout consulting the sprint site.
    1. Read the second post. I was trying to be helpful to those that care to read the latest "gossip" from those who MIGHT know something. If you don't want to, why open the friggen thread titled "News From Sprint Employee?" Did you expect a "I just got off the phone with the CEO of Sprint, the release date is X, and the special feature is X?" I said multiple times this IS NOT to be taken as gospel, just more information which may or may not be true.

I know with 100% certainty that this store was a 3rd party store for Nextel, than turned into a 3rd party store for both when they merged. I am also 100% certain this store was a 3rd party store 6 months ago. You are absolutely correct that the shirts and emblems mean nothing, I know of another 3rd party store who also wears Sprint shirts and only has a Sprint sign... still a 3rd party store. Of course, I also said "Might not even be privately owned anymore, but I would assume it still is. But lets forget all about that shall we?

Here's an idea. Why don't you simple subscribe to Sprint/Palm's Pre email notice, and stop reading "gossip" threads? Than maybe you won't feel the need to put a pair of vice grips on everyone's balls who try to have a little fun and share possible information?

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    No independent store is sending anyone anywhere for two weeks
    I work for a "third party." Why was I sent out for a GM/Ford training session on new technology and vehicle line up when I don't work for GM/Ford? Why did my boss go to a GMAC training session for (surprise) two weeks when he doesn't work for GMAC? This practice isn't all that rare to larger retail businesses. Practical? Not really, a video or CD followed by a phone conference for questions would probably suffice fine, but some large corporations enjoy throwing money away. Welcome to America.
    This is the same thing as walmart customer service speculating on when more ammo is going to arrive. "We were told another truck will come Wednesday." What is REALLY on that truck, is anyone's guess.
    Ahh, a fellow shooter that shares my pain, and not even on a gun forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Ahh, a fellow shooter that shares my pain, and not even on a gun forum.
    Found some Brown Bear 7.62x51 / .308 WIN the other day "Bulk and on sale!" .60cents a round for garbage overseas target loads with a steel case Luckily Walmart implemented the "6 boxes a person" rule, so ammo should start popping up again. Did you see that article not too long ago? Over 12.5 million forms placed to the feds from Jan 08 to Dec 08, and some with multiple purchases on one form That's enough to arm the Chinese army, and the Indian army, just in private US purchase that required federal forms in those months alone Over 1.6 BILLION rounds of factory ammo sold in Dec 08 ALONE, and that doesn't include re loaders

There are still plenty of us around, most are just in hiding
    No no, he said Sprint was doing a two week training thing for the Pre, and he would know more when he gets back. Not his personal company. Come to think of it, while this used to be a private company, his was wearing a "Sprint" shirt, and not a "xxxxxxxx Wireless" shirt like they used to wear. The sign also just said "Sprint" and not "xxxx Wireless - Sprint" like it used to. Might not even be privately owned anymore, but I would assume it still is.

EDIT: As I said above, take all this with a grain of salt. This is just what a random human being that happened to work in a store said to another random human being. This is the same thing as walmart customer service speculating on when more ammo is going to arrive. "We were told another truck will come Wednesday." What is REALLY on that truck, is anyone's guess. Just passing along some more info that seems to corroborate the other information posted. This is obviously not bible-worthy info, just trying to be a little helpful and post what new info I do have, with the disclaimer that it could just be someone trying to look informed.
    Dude!!!! You got "WalMart", "ammo", and "Bible" all in one post, and a PHONE forum no less.

I'm impressed!! Fellow Southerner?

However, not perfect. Nothing about drinking, mom, prisons, rain, pickup trucks, or trains.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Dude!!!! You got "WalMart", "ammo", and "Bible" all in one post, and a PHONE forum no less.

However, not perfect. Nothing about drinking, mom, prisons, rain, pickup trucks, or trains.
    don't forget bacon grease, grits, biscuits, and gravy.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

Throw in NASCAR and you could become a member of the RNC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    Let us know how that goes for you cuz my discount is also in August!!!
    i think if you are within 2 months of your upgrade--contract end date, sprint will honor it.
    Premier - June 1 here.
    Hey, I got the reference:

Skip to 3:05 if you just want to find out the reference without hearing the first half of the song.
    Obviously you all should take this with a grain of salt, but I walked into a ...............
    Just ignore the others! I mean really, the closer we get to June 30 the more chance you have of being right!! :-)

Seriously if people like you didn't share info like this there would be no discussion on the board.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Ssshhh! No one wants to hear that Palm and Sprint may suck at marketing. They think it's OK to barely ever mention a phone you intend to sell to get you out of the dumps.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I still question a release by June. I would not be surprised at all with a 3 Qtr release...maybe early August. Palms always seems to be playing catch up and struggling to meet dates...i think they invest more in the marketing department that generates new releases that are excuses for why they couldn't meet a date.
    August is seriously BAD for several reasons. I hope that isn't the case.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Hey, I got the reference:

Skip to 3:05 if you just want to find out the reference without hearing the first half of the song.
    Bingo
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired
    How many times have they gotten it right? My guess (based on reading the vitriol that is their blog comments) one of their regular readers has a leg-pulling scheme going on.

I took one look at the graphic and deemed it false, for many reasons, but the big one is why would Palm put Sprint's logo on an internal memo? It was the first thing I noticed, and threw this rumor in the circular hopper right away.
    Pretty often. They are one of the better rumor sites. Though, like anyone they have put out their share of bad and misinterpreted info. If you want verifiable truth, you shouldnt be looking at rumor sites!
    The new Iphone is supposed to come out June 8th I believe, so it must really be before then, unless Palm wants to shoot themselves in the foot.
    Just to be clear, I seriously doubt that a new iPhone is "coming out" on the 8th. They are still in beta for their iPhone OS3 update - so I don't think a new phone would come out just yet. The most that will happen will probably just be an announcement of the next iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by centro85 View Post
    Found some brown bear 7.62x51 / .308 win the other day "bulk and on sale!" .60cents a round for garbage overseas target loads with a steel case Luckily walmart implemented the "6 boxes a person" rule, so ammo should start popping up again. Did you see that article not too long ago? Over 12.5 million forms placed to the feds from jan 08 to dec 08, and some with multiple purchases on one form :d that's enough to arm the chinese army, and the indian army, just in private us purchase that required federal forms in those months alone :d over 1.6 billion rounds of factory ammo sold in dec 08 alone, and that doesn't include re loaders :d

there are still plenty of us around, most are just in hiding
    7.62 ftw!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosensei View Post
    Its.. its.... its........

A CANARY TRAP!!!!
    LOL the misspelling of "benefits" as "benfits" is a clue as to which version was leaked! There's probably other copies with other subtle misspellings - but now that they know which one was leaked - someone's head is on the chopping block now at Sprint/Palm