Page 87 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2299
    Whether that document is real or not, it does look like a June release(whatever the day) because there's still no official word, one week into May. If they don't say anything by the 14th or 15th, I'm going to assume it's definitely a June release.

Secretly I'm hoping they say something tomorrow or Monday about release. But that's wishful thinking.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    That is exactly what they would say if they were releasing the Pre next week or next month. I don't understand the point.

you can bet best buy will be selling it.
    Probably doesn't mean anything, but I just called sprint to ask about upgrading my phone and they said the Palm Pre will be released sometime this month, though they don't have an exact date yet.

Maybe May 31?
    A paraphrase of Jonathan Swift, just for you Michelle:

"When a true genius appears in the forum, you may know her by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against her."

Welcome to the forum.
    Obviously you all should take this with a grain of salt, but I walked into a privately owned Sprint Store (independent I guess you call them?) and picked up a car charger for my Pro, since walmart didn't sell microUSB ones.

Anywho, while I was there I figured I would ask about the Pre. I tried to act a little nonchalant, and asked when a "new Palm" is coming out, since WM has its quirks, Palm OS is OLD, and Palm has been working on a new OS for YEARS. (convo split for quick reading)

He said a new device called the "Pre" was scheduled to release soon. Oh really?! When is this device supposed to be released? "First week of June." Wow, okay. Did you get that from Sprint, or is that your personal feelings? "That is the info I got from Sprint." Huh. The new Iphone is supposed to come out June 8th I believe, so it must really be before then, unless Palm wants to shoot themselves in the foot. "There is a new Iphone coming out? You said the 8th of June?" I believe so, could be off by a day or two. "Than I guess the information I got from Sprint was correct, because they certainly aren't going to release after a new Iphone."

I then asked if there were any hard specs yet, and if my new car charger work would on the Pre He smiled, almost menacingly, and said he didn't know much yet, and he could get in trouble for saying much more. He did say they are being trained for 2 weeks very soon on the new Pre, and he should know a LOT more after that. I told him I would stop by at the end of May, or 1st of June to see if he has any more information. The rest of the convo was about contract end dates (mines already up) and that being a Sprint Premier customer qualifies me for 1 year full upgrades, rather than two and what not. Nothing special about the pre, but good info for Premier customers. It used to be 2 years regardless, now we get new phones early Which means I may actually get a Pre, instead of waiting for "Pre 2," since I would only have to suffer for a year to get the latest and greatest hardware
    Was 6 months old. Used.no scratches in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Was that used? What condition? Mine's used, normal scuffing, no scratches or any major blemishes...
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I think someone with horrible photoshopping skills should make a document pretending to be an official Sprint document about the release and see if BGR posts it. It seems they will post anything else.
    Looks like we can all sit and wait together.

Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    I think someone with horrible photoshopping skills should make a document pretending to be an official Sprint document about the release and see if BGR posts it. It seems they will post anything else.
    Do you have any other date to offer? It's May 6 today, do you really think they are releasing the Pre next week?
    So, I'm wondering why you blurred your name out?

I mean, its pretty obvious its Michelle King...
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    Its.. its.... its........

A CANARY TRAP!!!!
    Why would anyone give rumors from BGR a second thought? How many times have they gotten it right? My guess (based on reading the vitriol that is their blog comments) one of their regular readers has a leg-pulling scheme going on.

I took one look at the graphic and deemed it false, for many reasons, but the big one is why would Palm put Sprint's logo on an internal memo? It was the first thing I noticed, and threw this rumor in the circular hopper right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Was 6 months old. Used.no scratches in good shape.
    Great, thanks!
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    Do you have any other date to offer? It's May 6 today, do you really think they are releasing the Pre next week?
    Actually I do believe the June 7th date, but that was even before that document was posted. And no I don't think it will be released next week.

And why would I have to offer another date? Is that the only way I can say something negative?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    but I walked into a privately owned Sprint Store (independent I guess you call them?)
    He did say they are being trained for 2 weeks very soon on the new Pre,
    Privately owned, and two weeks of training. That would be nice, but not realistic IMO.

How many privately owned retail businesses pay for two weeks of training for their retail workers? They are lucky if they pay for an hour or two of training.
    OK..I'll add my $.02 of BestBuy lack-of-knowledge.

I walked into my local BB to ask about the Pre. No release date from the mobile phone dept guy but he did say that he was really excited and couldn't wait for it himself. "It's going to be the first 4G phone running on Sprints WiMax network". I asked about WiMax (as if I didn't know what it was just to test this guy out) and he explained it pretty accurately and even knew it wasn't going to be available in our local area until end-of-year or early next year.

Not sure I beleieve his info on the Pre being 4G but I guess its probable...
  18. joelpalm
    I just want to give a quick "AH HA!" to all the people who gave me crap for posting that the release date wasnt April like everyone first thought, I have said late May or sometime in June all along. Love you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    Privately owned, and two weeks of training. That would be nice, but not realistic IMO.

How many privately owned retail businesses pay for two weeks of training for their retail workers? They are lucky if they pay for an hour or two of training.
    No no, he said Sprint was doing a two week training thing for the Pre, and he would know more when he gets back. Not his personal company. Come to think of it, while this used to be a private company, his was wearing a "Sprint" shirt, and not a "xxxxxxxx Wireless" shirt like they used to wear. The sign also just said "Sprint" and not "xxxx Wireless - Sprint" like it used to. Might not even be privately owned anymore, but I would assume it still is.

EDIT: As I said above, take all this with a grain of salt. This is just what a random human being that happened to work in a store said to another random human being. This is the same thing as walmart customer service speculating on when more ammo is going to arrive. "We were told another truck will come Wednesday." What is REALLY on that truck, is anyone's guess. Just passing along some more info that seems to corroborate the other information posted. This is obviously not bible-worthy info, just trying to be a little helpful and post what new info I do have, with the disclaimer that it could just be someone trying to look informed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post

Most stores send 1 person, who comes back to share the information, and depending if the 3rd party is a "Preferred Retailer" Sprint my insist that someone from each store goes.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II