Page 86 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2299
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    As Aero noted, too much of it has come from the Asian trade press for me to dismiss it as just "speculation." I don't believe Palm capped it or anything...I think they genuinely had issues with some components and could only get half a million or less of these puppies ready for June.
    Yes. We had the reports in the trade press, comments from a European Palm Executive and Hesse himself talking about availability concerns on Pre about five weeks ago or so.

Some of this may have changed. But I don't think Hesse would have brought up questions of quantity out the blue if there were not something to it since he is not just or even primarily addressing consumers, but he is addressing investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    according to what he posted over at his website, it's not real.
    So one rumor guy saying another rumor guy is wrong? Or one semiofficial Sprint blog saying a non affiliated blog is wrong?

I think there is a very good change it is correct. And it is not unknown to have a spelling mistake in corporate communications.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    So, I shall pay upwards of $500--or more!--just to exorcise the Windows Mobile demons from my life. It's the price of freedom, I suppose.
    Before you do anything, call retentions. I've had very good luck dealing with them.

Tell them the exact situation you're in. They may be able to work something out with you.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    So one rumor guy saying another rumor guy is wrong? Or one semiofficial Sprint blog saying a non affiliated blog is wrong?

I think there is a very good change it is correct. And it is not unknown to have a spelling mistake in corporate communications.
    I think all that he's talking about being fake is the memo. I don't see how he couldn't agree with the release date since that is what they have posted at their website as well.

Frankly, I could careless if the memo is real or not, I just like that the release dates, training dates, pre commercials all seem to match each other.
    Everybody misunderstood the entire memo.

The "benfits" spelling was a legitmate mistake. However, so was the "LAUNCH LUNCH". It was a transposed phrase - it was supposed to be "LUNCH LAUNCH". They're just having a really big meal that day.

I heard it from a secret shopper who was hiding behind her portable Romulan cloaking shield at the time.

Nanoo nanoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera14 View Post
    i cant even read that
    Maximize your screen after you select the link.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Everybody misunderstood the entire memo.

The "benfits" spelling was a legitmate mistake. However, so was the "LAUNCH LUNCH". It was a transposed phrase - it was supposed to be "LUNCH LAUNCH". They're just having a really big meal that day.

I heard it from a secret shopper who was hiding behind her portable Romulan cloaking shield at the time.

Nanoo nanoo.
    liar
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I have my Mac mail set to make the Mail icon in the dock bounce when it get email from Sprint.

I was disappointed to see a bounce from Sprint but no Pre.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I have my Mac mail set to make the Mail icon in the dock bounce when it get email from Sprint.

I was disappointed to see a bounce from Sprint but no Pre.
    just today? I just checked, still nothing on my end.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Time stamp is 10:55 am PT.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I sold my HTC Touch Pro ( With the box , a case and TV out Wires) for $350 on Ebay 4 weeks ago. A naked Touch Pro without box is probally $150-$200.

Ah, yes, great point, and exactly what I plan to do. ESN should be clean, so no problem there. I figure, what, $150 for the Touch Pro, used?

Just trying to enhance the drama a bit.
    I didn't get no email from Sprint, man. Tell us, what does it say? More Now network stuff?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    haven't gotten it etiher
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    dwhitman - happy b-day
    Gas Man - congrats on 1000 posts

Palm- release the phone, thank you
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I dont' get my $150 credit until August.

Sooo...

I can wait.

PSYCH....i'm calling up sprint to try to get the credit early.
    I got an email. Talking about the pink Instinct and the network and summer.

Boooo.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I got an email. Talking about the pink Instinct and the network and summer.

Boooo.
    Hey now, I like the network and I rather like summer, so long as it doesn't get too hot. I'll only give it a half boo for the lack of Pre.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Before you do anything, call retentions. I've had very good luck dealing with them.

Tell them the exact situation you're in. They may be able to work something out with you.
    Good idea, will do. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I sold my HTC Touch Pro ( With the box , a case and TV out Wires) for $350 on Ebay 4 weeks ago. A naked Touch Pro without box is probally $150-$200.
    Was that used? What condition? Mine's used, normal scuffing, no scratches or any major blemishes...
    Good idea, will do. Thanks!
    Be sure you tell them things like - "My previous phone was just not cutting it, I thought the Pro was going to be the answer, but it's just as bad" etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I dont' get my $150 credit until August.

Sooo...

I can wait.

PSYCH....i'm calling up sprint to try to get the credit early.
    Let us know how that goes for you cuz my discount is also in August!!!