Page 85 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2299
    Any chance of modifing the title of this thread Mods?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Yeah, please. Don't say "Its official" if its not ACTUALLY official
    Sorry, I can't believe I misspelled "Official"...

Also if you read the original article, it could be possible they are going to do a Saturday release. (derived from rumor of Best Buy's Trial release or whatever on the 7th) This would make sense because it would give them another day on Sunday for people to come out- before work day on Monday. Everything seems to be fitting together. Now if only we had a leak of the price, but as I have said before, that might be a surprise...
    title changed
    threads merged
    My only real concern left is that Sprint and Palm wait until Jon Rubinstein's address at All Things D on May 26-28 to make this official, which I think is a horrible idea. I'd reaaaaaaaally like to see Pre-specific advertising more than 7-10 days out, and I'd like to see those ads with a specific release date.

Since the initial shipments aren't going to be that plentiful, it would be might counterproductive for Sprint/Palm to launch a big blitz only to have people go to pick these babies up and find that they're sold out. This ain't a Wii.
    I just qualified for $150 upgrade credit. I'd like to apologize for holding things up until I was eligible, and thank you all for your patience. Palm, Sprint, it's ok now, you can release any time now, no problem.

I'd also like to point out that June 5 is my birthday (true!) , so that's a good date.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    My only real concern left is that Sprint and Palm wait until Jon Rubinstein's address at All Things D on May 26-28 to make this official, which I think is a horrible idea. I'd reaaaaaaaally like to see Pre-specific advertising more than 7-10 days out, and I'd like to see those ads with a specific release date.

Since the initial shipments aren't going to be that plentiful, it would be might counterproductive for Sprint/Palm to launch a big blitz only to have people go to pick these babies up and find that they're sold out. This ain't a Wii.
    Actually, we don't really know how big the shipments are going to be. All that's been out there is speculation on inventory.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I just qualified for $150 upgrade credit. I'd like to apologize for holding things up until I was eligible, and thank you all for your patience. Palm, Sprint, it's ok now, you can release any time now, no problem.

I'd also like to point out that June 5 is my birthday (true!) , so that's a good date.
    No June 5 is not a good date, any time after today would be fine!!

but Happy Birthday
    I am surprised they would even release that knowing it has spelling errors.

Its like spotting those phising emails where most words longer than 4 letters are misspelled. You learn early on to pass them over.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal View Post
    I am surprised they would even release that knowing it has spelling errors.

Its like spotting those phising emails where most words longer than 4 letters are misspelled. You learn early on to pass them over.
    So you know for a fact that the document isn't official? Damn!
    I may be missing something, but not sure I get the point of this post..
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Actually, we don't really know how big the shipments are going to be. All that's been out there is speculation on inventory.
    As Aero noted, too much of it has come from the Asian trade press for me to dismiss it as just "speculation." I don't believe Palm capped it or anything...I think they genuinely had issues with some components and could only get half a million or less of these puppies ready for June.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    So you know for a fact that the document isn't official? Damn!
    according to what he posted over at his website, it's not real.
    Post Other sites this desperate for dates?
    Well, I never thought I would see it... Other sites online which are usually known for being the "insider" for phone info are starting to slip.

What dare I be talking about? Read this news posting from BGR very carefully.

Let me tell you something right now, Sprint does not send out corporate release date information in this format or with spelling errors. I think someone's "ninja" needs new glasses and maybe a spell check.

Oh and as others have pointed out across the web, saying a "ninja" gave you inside information is like saying master sensei gave you the Sprint black belt while everyone else was still on yellow.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I get it, only because of the link to bestbuy that was linked earlier with the pre ad in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post

Post Other sites this desperate for dates?
    Well, I never thought I would see it... Other sites online which are usually known for being the "insider" for phone info are starting to slip.

What dare I be talking about? Read this news posting from BGR very carefully.

Let me tell you something right now, Sprint does not send out corporate release date information in this format or with spelling errors. I think someone's "ninja" needs new glasses and maybe a spell check.

Oh and as others have pointed out across the web, saying a "ninja" gave you inside information is like saying master sensei gave you the Sprint black belt while everyone else was still on yellow.

Well, it's either 'ninjas' or zero flow of information until official announcement. Which one do you want?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    Well, it's either 'ninjas' or zero flow of information until official announcement. Which one do you want?
    that's a good question. I'm content with the June 7th release info. And I get to order it on June 4th, awesome, otherwise, I'll wait. But I probably will not wait much past July 1st, regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    it's best if you provide links for this stuff... got one?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    it's best if you provide links for this stuff... got one?
    here you go.

Other sites this desperate for dates? - Sprint Gurus Forums
    Palm would not write LAUNCH PARTY on an offical memo... lol
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.