Page 84 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2299
    Internal Palm memo may reveal Pre launch timing : Boy Genius Report

It's in June, but at least we have a date now!

Internal Palm memo may reveal Pre launch timing : Boy Genius Report

This is what it says:

"We’re prefacing this by saying we’re definitely not 100%, but it looks like Palm could be gearing up for a round of meetings that will lead up to the day we’ve all been waiting for — Pal Pre launch day. We just received what an anonymous tipster claims to be an internal Palm memo regarding some meetings that will take place in early June. According to the document, the meetings will conclude on Friday June 5th with what is labeled “LAUNCH LUNCH!”

Now, it’s likely a safe assumption that Palm isn’t going to leave much time for info to leak out between these supposed meetings and launch time. As such, it looks like either the day of reckoning is going to be Friday June 5th, Saturday June 6th or Sunday June 7th — and yes, Sunday is historically Sprint’s launch day but this is the Pre we’re talking about so switching things up isn’t out of the question. Giving some additional credence to the scenario by the way, is the fact that Best Buy is slated to begin its trial launch of the Pre on June 7th, meaning Sprint will most definitely launch the handset before or on that date. Getting excited yet? Hit the jump for the full memo."
    It's bogus they misspelled benefits.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Dang, you beat me to it.....

I refreshed too to see if anybody had posted it.
    sometimes that the way to distinguish real from fake internally... ...
    Oooh Canary Trap?
    Last edited by Krod301; 05/07/2009 at 12:38 PM.
    I knew it was fake right when I saw it. Internal stuff doesn't look like that.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    wonder how real it is. Over at BGR someone picked up on this, look at the spelling of employee benefits.

well....my post was a little late...
    Last edited by Reminiz; 05/07/2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: posted to late
    (And now for some paranoia: "Benefits" is mis-spelled in the image above as "Benfits." Please please don't let this be a Canary Trap. We don't like people getting fired.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_trap
    Uh-Oh...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Krod301; 05/07/2009 at 12:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    (And now for some paranoia: "Benefits" is mis-spelled in the image above as "Benfits." Please please don't let this be a Canary Trap. We don't like people getting fired.)

Canary trap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It maybe a setup.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Even if this isn't the real deal, I'm thinking it's going to flush out Palm and Sprint into officially announcing sooner rather than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    It maybe a setup.
    It wouldn't surprise me.
    Yeah I smell canary trap, big time. It stinks to high heaven.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    either way, it all lines up to what we already speculated of the date that was posted over at Sprint gurus.
    Let's hope no one gets fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Anyone want to take a guess as to whether we are going to see the infamous protest viral video campaign where the hip-geek guy stages a protest because Palm won't release the Pre by not leaving his apartment? Or do you think it was killed when word got out.

It's obvious that this whole secrecy thing as well as little leaks here and there is orchestrated to build up buzz and demand without spending a lot of money. I don't think they had panned on it lasting this long, though.
    I am not totally unconvinced that is what those threads started by realeasemypre have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    Let's hope no one gets fired.
    Indeed. If it were me, I would have gone in and fixed the typo (and created a new one) before sending it out... or maybe just not send it out at all, because it's not worth getting fired over.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    It's not worth losing your job to get a little info out there.

If someone told me, I can give you info-but I could lose my job, I would say umm no thanks.

Based on the economy, no one should be risking their job...