Page 83 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2299
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Hey now guys. If we all agree that we're going to pre-order our beloved phone the second it's available then one of us may not get our order in on time. Now I'm a sly and speedy goat... But I really don't want to compete with all of you speedy whiper-snappers. So I think we'll have to come up with a new system:

Goat is allowed to order it first. Then I will contact Patchs so he may order. Then patches can contact lastdetailwd, etc. We can just keep passing the rally stick around until we all get to pre-order the Pre.

The most important thing about this plan is that THE GOAT gets to order first.

Of course.
    LOL!! I think I should go to the Sprint store and pull the ol $5 slip at the resteraunt...Ferris bueller style.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    AS SOON as telesales pre-ordering goes live my Pre will be ordered. I'm pretty sure that there will be major supply issues.
    +3
    . . . and Mr. Goat, I am not sure your system is the best. I'm just sayin'.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    You know there are some who like owning the first numbers of release but to be honest , although I'm getting two Pre's , I truly expect that there will be problems with the Pre when it's released. So with this thought in mind it slows me down in anticipation for the Pre. Now I relate this to those who are more educated than I hoping you will find the problems & discuss it with us so we may too enjoy our Pre's properly.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Just found out OK is starting PRE school! The first of the groups is going to school determined by the super. Only bad news she said release has been extended to the end of May or the beginning of June. OK so if no one else has brought this update cool. Not sure because I came straight there to let you know. My only advise is make sure you let sprint know at sprint that you want to be notified I'm understanding this may have priority over who gets one first.
    according to Coal at Sprint gurus, the training ends on 06/05. So this would make sense about the release date being extended.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Out of all groups I guess you have to ask why sprint would discount the phone to the group they have the least interest in discounting such as yourself in that situation? Especially given a finite number of Pre. I suppose anything is possible but from Sprint's standpoint you are a loss until one year or more into contract
    Hence, one of the options I listed being straight list. I can live with that, I'm just wondering if they've ever handled it differently.
    I think a more effective campaign would be to have as many supporters as possible camp outside an AT&T or Apple store with a countdown clock threatening to buy iPhones.

Of course palm probably knows I could never go through with it and would call my bluff though.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Hence, one of the options I listed being straight list. I can live with that, I'm just wondering if they've ever handled it differently.
    Inside Sprint Now covered what their typical discount system is. It looks like you have to be at least 10 months into your contract to qualify for any kind of discount.

My guess would be you'd have to pay list but you wouldn't have to renew your contract.
    Oooookay?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i cant even read that
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    Inside Sprint Now covered what their typical discount system is. It looks like you have to be at least 10 months into your contract to qualify for any kind of discount.

My guess would be you'd have to pay list but you wouldn't have to renew your contract.
    Damn that Mogul. I just couldn't function with the piece of crap, and so when the offer came through in late January to take a Touch Pro as a free replacement but with a 2-year contract, I took it. Good deal, if the Touch Pro weren't just as bad.

I was honestly hoping that I could live with the Touch Pro for awhile and get the Pre or something else much later. But then, more info was released on the Pre, showing it to be exactly what I want, and then the Touch Pro showed its demonic side. It torments me day and night. Think Dante's Inferno.

So, I shall pay upwards of $500--or more!--just to exorcise the Windows Mobile demons from my life. It's the price of freedom, I suppose.
    So in other words, Best Buy reps are about as clueless as Sprint reps. That, or the Best Buy rumor was crap.

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    Well you're going to be able to sell your Touch Pro to offset the cost of the Pre. Shouldn't be too bad of an additional cash outlay at that point.
    Damn that Mogul. I just couldn't function with the piece of crap, and so when the offer came through in late January to take a Touch Pro as a free replacement but with a 2-year contract, I took it. Good deal, if the Touch Pro weren't just as bad.

I was honestly hoping that I could live with the Touch Pro for awhile and get the Pre or something else much later. But then, more info was released on the Pre, showing it to be exactly what I want, and then the Touch Pro showed its demonic side. It torments me day and night. Think Dante's Inferno.

So, I shall pay upwards of $500--or more!--just to exorcise the Windows Mobile demons from my life. It's the price of freedom, I suppose.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Well you're going to be able to sell your Touch Pro to offset the cost of the Pre. Shouldn't be too bad of an additional cash outlay at that point.
    Ah, yes, great point, and exactly what I plan to do. ESN should be clean, so no problem there. I figure, what, $150 for the Touch Pro, used?

Just trying to enhance the drama a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman109 View Post
    So in other words, Best Buy reps are about as clueless as Sprint reps. That, or the Best Buy rumor was crap.

Best Buy has a Meet the Sprint Pre banner on their website in the mobile phone section, but that's it. No listing, price, or availability is listed.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

You should get $250 easy for it on ebay provided it's clean, in good condition with all the accessories. I always keep the box and everything for my gear because I plan on selling it at some point and want the highest price possible. Some have gone for $300. That price point seems like a crapshoot though.
    Ah, yes, great point, and exactly what I plan to do. ESN should be clean, so no problem there. I figure, what, $150 for the Touch Pro, used?

Just trying to enhance the drama a bit.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    You'll get some good money I imagine for the touch pro...IF you get it selling soon since the Touch Pro2 will be hitting in some months. Its THE goto WinMo phone for Sprint right now.

Looking at Ebay, You could probably sell it off for $250+ if its in good condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    You should get $250 easy for it on ebay provided it's clean, in good condition with all the accessories. I always keep the box and everything for my gear because I plan on selling it at some point and want the highest price possible. Some have gone for $300. That price point seems like a crapshoot though.
    Thanks! I'd be happy with $200, so anything beyond that is gravy.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Thanks! I'd be happy with $200, so anything beyond that is gravy.
    you could maybe trade it back in to Sprint for $50
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Yeah, that's one of the ways I've gotten all my PDA's/phones. They're all listed in the which phone you're leaving thread.

Gone through about 10 or so PDA's thus far and I think I bought a single one of them completely brand new. First one started as an off the shelf discount, and I'd either cash in warranties or sell the old one on ebay to help subsidize the next. Its the only way to go if you upgrade often.