Page 82 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2299
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Palm's going to be notifying their picks of reviewers on the 8th, as I understand it. Perhaps that's because Friday is the day they're going to announce, albeit that's a terrible newsday to announce something major. For that matter, Thursday's only a little better.

Question: when they make the announcement, will they give all of the details at that point? Or will it just be the shipping date, and perhaps the price?
    If the info is going to be something that is going to change the game like the Wii (control perspective), then I think we will only get the release date and price. We will probably see another announcement 2 weeks before launch with the "oh and by the way" announcement so Apple won't have enough time to copy it before the conference.
    Last edited by drudawg; 05/06/2009 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drudawg View Post
    Just curious to see who all thinks Sprint/Palm will release the final pieces to the puzzle tomorrow. If June 7 is the actual release date, tomorrow would be the ideal day to start giving up some info. Thoughts...
    absolutemente.... no
    Question: when they make the announcement, will they give all of the details at that point? Or will it just be the shipping date, and perhaps the price?
    I actually don't think they are likely to release price and release date without all the details. A price without anything else will lead to speculation about if it is worth it and are they charging too much for what you get. Release date has similar pitfalls of speculation. I suspect they will do a final announcement detailing specs and then end with price point and a release date. They will probably do this about 2-3 weeks in advance of launch with an ad blitz in between.
    My Sprint rep said he was having a web meeting tomorrow, hes not sure what theyre going to tell him.

Hopefully some info is right around the corner.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    My Sprint rep said he was having a web meeting tomorrow, hes not sure what theyre going to tell him.

Hopefully some info is right around the corner.
    Let us know what you find out!
    Just found out OK is starting PRE school! The first of the groups is going to school determined by the super. Only bad news she said release has been extended to the end of May or the beginning of June. OK so if no one else has brought this update cool. Not sure because I came straight there to let you know. My only advise is make sure you let sprint know at sprint that you want to be notified I'm understanding this may have priority over who gets one first.
    Pricing & release are both judgemental.. sprint has to make it affordable they have too much on the line.
    AS SOON as telesales pre-ordering goes live my Pre will be ordered. I'm pretty sure that there will be major supply issues.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    AS SOON as telesales pre-ordering goes live my Pre will be ordered. I'm pretty sure that there will be major supply issues.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    +2
    Good to see everybody is now a little happier
    There is a thanks button you guys lol.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Hey now guys. If we all agree that we're going to pre-order our beloved phone the second it's available then one of us may not get our order in on time. Now I'm a sly and speedy goat... But I really don't want to compete with all of you speedy whiper-snappers. So I think we'll have to come up with a new system:

Goat is allowed to order it first. Then I will contact Patchs so he may order. Then patches can contact lastdetailwd, etc. We can just keep passing the rally stick around until we all get to pre-order the Pre.

The most important thing about this plan is that THE GOAT gets to order first.

Of course.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by drudawg View Post
    Just curious to see who all thinks Sprint/Palm will release the final pieces to the puzzle tomorrow. If June 7 is the actual release date, tomorrow would be the ideal day to start giving up some info. Thoughts...
    Nope.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    While it really sucks the way they have been delivering news about the Pre, it has allowed them to answer questions regarding what they have released so far and maybe not cause such a huge panic. If you found out all the details back in January such as no copy/paste, no SERO, no video recording you'd be completely turned off. Hats off to them. I'm still interested.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Not sure how many phones i'll activate since 4 Treo Pro' & 2 Pre's ought to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    If you found out all the details back in January such as no copy/paste
    For the millionth time, there is copy and paste. You can copy and paste out of any text entry box.The only thing you can't do is copy from the body of a webpage.
    Okay, so, for some additional speculation: where do you suppose pricing will be for someone with a current 2-year contract (app. 21 months remaining)? Will it be straight list, will there be a price for current customers on contact (vs. buying strictly without a contract), a special price for a new contract (albeit, only giving them 3 more months)?
    Out of all groups I guess you have to ask why sprint would discount the phone to the group they have the least interest in discounting such as yourself in that situation? Especially given a finite number of Pre. I suppose anything is possible but from Sprint's standpoint you are a loss until one year or more into contract
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Oh man, I can't stop laughing about this one. Nerdgasm. I'm going to use that.
    How about a Pregasm
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    MY guess why they are being so tight lip is mainly because of Apple and there "We are better then you" commercials. Basically what they are doing is making it so apple or anyone else for that matter has much time to fight back. Hard to fight back when the fight has yet to start.