Page 8 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
    he has it on a newspaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    I always wondered about this.
    Well, the late release date is actually great for me. I'm relying on the fee from a job I'll be completing by the end of March to get this phone.
    it shows the date, lol.
    Which newspaper?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Would it be so hard to save today's newspaper until July 1 and then take a photo?
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
    Sun
    just need to save a newspaper until you have a pre. I'm not saying you're lying, just that it's an easy method to fake if you're not showing us anything right now. Why not just show us? You could use photoshop to blur out personal info if needed.
    im sure it wouldnt be hard, but it would be hard for me to take a picture of the timestamp on the picturemail he sent me.

edit: meaning I will take a picture of the timestamp, it would be hard to duplicate that, at least that i know of
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    just need to save a newspaper until you have a pre. I'm not saying you're lying, just that it's an easy method to fake if you're not showing us anything right now. Why not just show us? You could use photoshop to blur out personal info if needed.
    promised i wouldnt. Gees, believe me or not its fine, but come april I FULLY expect some "3xacharm, I am sorry I doubted you" lol
    Taking a photo of something on or with a newspaper is the B-movie technique for proving that something was still around (eg., hostage) at the time the newspaper was released.

If you want to prove that something was around at a time in the past, then you show something like a picture of Jack Kennedy holding it in front of the Dunes Hotel in Las Vegas. With today's photo manips, one of you guys can probably generate a pic of him holding a Pre there. Anyway, some equivalent photo is closer to proof of 3x's claim than a photo of a Pre on a March 6 newspaper. Can you get a photo of a Pre with something that exists today but which will not exist when the Pre is released?

An alternative is to take the photo at a site under active construction. Then when you are willing to reveal the photo, you also reveal the current photo of that site, showing how it has changed. Don't know that this is relevant to your proving he has a Pre, but these are techniques for showing the opposite of what the newspaper would show.
    Last edited by Dr J; 03/06/2009 at 09:29 AM.
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
    Take a picture of it next to another sprint phone that shows the current date. The sprint clock can't be changed on non blackberry phones, right?
    It can.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    What is the point of releasing the picture after the phone has been released?
    syphon, for validity.

I will ask him to take a picture from this website. I will see if he can come on here when I do, I will make some random post and have a mod delete it, and then when it comes out, show picture of said post with the pre in front of it? Does that work? (if he will do it, he will probably just call me names and laugh)
    In regards to an "internal email" proclaiming may..

"May? Why would they release it again in may ____(this is a bleeped out name he called me)? Noone here sent out that email or got it"
    Price is set.

Commercial is filmed (being cut now, i also saw this has already been posted)

(im not a fan of this but..) expect ads flooding NCAA Tourney at some point

april 12th will be the LATEST to expect it. (Some areas will recieve it before others)

Your favorite...

Me.
    Why you're all bickering about taking pics and time stamps, what is the price?
    Last edited by patchs; 03/06/2009 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Holy heck!!! It's like the SUPER MEGATRON thread now.
    Nice merge ... bring it alltogther

Price is set.

(im not a fan of this but..) expect ads flooding NCAA Tourney at some point

april 12th will be the LATEST to expect it. (Some areas will recieve it before others)

Your favorite...

Me.
    Ur not the favorite ... u may be right ... u may be wrong. a this picture parer stuff is nonsesne. if you have th proof share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Is there just always one kid on EVERY forum who gets banned constantly?
    There is on this forum.

Sperately, i'm still holding onto the date i originally guessed ....
    Orders start on Friday April 10th. Shipping over weekend. Offical date Monday April 13th.
    I should have said sunday, but oh well)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    having been in the business I can promise you that video promotional commercial material was shot for Pre in January, February, March and on.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Orders start on Friday April 10th. Shipping over weekend. Offical date Monday April 13th.
    I should have said sunday, but oh well)
    Doubt it. Unless Palm shells out a bunch of money for overnight Saturday deliveries (UPS also doesn't deliver on Sunday's & the 12th is a holiday).

If the phone were to be released that weekend, shipping would probably begin on Wednesday the 8th. That is enough time for stores to get as many by Sunday the 12th.