Page 79 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2299
    Anyone notice on the Sprint Gurus site, there's a logo, then next to it a calendar page with June 7 on it? Some poster there noticed it.
    Hmmm?
    I wonder?
    Nah, couldn't be.

When did they go up, was it after 12am? Maybe they are announcing the date today (5/5/09) like miles4000 is saying.

It's on Inside Sprint Now's website as well.
    humm....interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    humm....interesting...
    Indeed. It's also showing in the front page of:

Inside Sprint Now

I mean I know that the person who runs insidesprintnow is also a member of sprintgurus, but still...having that date posted up front like that even when they stated that they can't disclose the release date is kind of suspicious
    Well, that would certainly fit the 30-day pre-announcement (damn, that pun's hard to avoid). I swear, the second they announce pre-orders (d'oh!), I'm on the phone come hell or high water.

Edit: Also, just thought: with the Sprint training starting soon, apparently, now would be a great time to announce. Unless they're holding back secrets still, they'd avoid worrying about some Sprint store rep giving up the goods.
    Last edited by wynand32; 05/05/2009 at 12:11 AM.
    Question- doesn't AT & such need to be trained w/the Pre before it's released? With so many states noteven notifies for training & so many states classes already cancelled how can this June date be true? Or is Sprint in the hush hush time now?
    Man, June 7th sucks.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    June 7th is way too late and a horrible launch date.
    I don't really care. I'll buy it when they release it.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    which all falls in line with the commercial.
    yeah horrible You all know once the commercials start coming out and more info is released, you'll jump back on board and be like little puppies waiting to get a treat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    June 7th is way too late and a horrible launch date.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    It's been a little tough to follow all the rumors this past weekend, but am I mistaken that all the June 7 rumors have been found to be unsubstantiated? I can't seem to find anything that really convinces me of the June 7 date everyone is jumping on board.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    It's been a little tough to follow all the rumors this past weekend, but am I mistaken that all the June 7 rumors have been found to be unsubstantiated? I can't seem to find anything that really convinces me of the June 7 date everyone is jumping on board.
    The guys over at SprintGurus have been hinting at that date without explicitly saying it.
    Sprint has started training on the Pre
    The phones are shipping from China to the U.S.
    The TV commercials will be starting soon.
    It would lead to believe that it's about a month out, June 7.
    I think Sprint/Palm want to steal some iPhone thunder.
    We know the plans.
    Now we need a price.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Sprint has started training on the Pre
    The phones are shipping from China to the U.S.
    The TV commercials will be starting soon.
    It would lead to believe that it's about a month out, June 7.
    I think Sprint/Palm want to steal some iPhone thunder.
    We know the plans.
    Now we need a price.
    They may want to steal the thunder but they WON'T. Nothing can compete with Apple when they launch their blitz advertising (1940 anybody?). Apple is shock and awe. Thanks to Sprint for keeping quiet, there is no hype built up about the Pre except us on these forums, joe schmo still has no idea what a Palm Pre is let alone Plam inc but they know and want an iPhone 3G...

/opinionated rant
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    They may want to steal the thunder but they WON'T. Nothing can compete with Apple when they launch their blitz advertising (1940 anybody?). Apple is shock and awe.
    There is little-to-nothing announced or even hinted at in iPhone 3.0 that Apple would "launch blitz advertising" for, especially in 30 second TV ads. Spotlight? A landscape keyboard? Another 16GB at a slightly higher price? I don't think too many handsets have anything to fear from that featureset.

But Apple blitzes the airwaves now with App Store ads, and Blackberry's App World seems to have taken off just fine along with their sales across all carriers. The G1 is at 1 million units and counting. The Instinct and Touch pro have sold well on Sprint. Other phones can flourish while iPhone 3G does, ESEPECIALLY if they're exclusive to other carriers besides AT&T.

And this notion of Palm and Sprint trying to "steal" Apple's thunder doesn't have a lot of substantiation behind it. About the closest I've seen the two come to a confrontation was a brief back-and-forth about intellectual property that went nowhere, and Sprint/Palm demoing new Pre apps shortly after the iPhone 3.0 announcement.

I don't think either company affected the other to any great length in those exchanges.

Thanks to Sprint for keeping quiet, there is no hype built up about the Pre except us on these forums, joe schmo still has no idea what a Palm Pre is let alone Plam inc but they know and want an iPhone 3G...
    Wouldn't that be because the iPhone 3G has been released for almost a year now, and its manufacturer - blessed with a healthy warchest due to its profitability across almost all product lines - is free to run ads month-after-month in major TV buys?

Palm couldn't afford to do that if they wanted to. Sprint "might" step up to that partially, but we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    There's a good chance that everything will be fine for Palm and Sprint as long as everyone is willing to accept that the Pre will be an also-ran to the iPhones and Blackberrys. They ought to name it the "Pre_What_is_That?" That isn't going to change after launch. They aren't going to make any kind of dent in iPhone sales. Developers are going to look at the user base of webOS users as X and iPhone OS users as 10X and decide what to do with their precious time and effort. It will be the Linux of smartphones. Nothing wrong with that.
    What a bunch of nonsense. I'll settle for third behind both, as long as it sells. But, calling it an "also ran"? Does that mean that the iPhone is an "also ran"? (It's second behind BB).

If Palm's goal is to "make dent in iPhone sales", they deserve to fail. Their goal should be to become profitable. They can do that, no matter how many iPhones (or BBs) sell.
    The old lingo "Hurry up Wait" may still be true but with Sprints stocks increased (sorry for the lay-offs) but thay're still hanging on & doing their best to get us what we want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    They may want to steal the thunder but they WON'T. Nothing can compete with Apple when they launch their blitz advertising (1940 anybody?). Apple is shock and awe. Thanks to Sprint for keeping quiet, there is no hype built up about the Pre except us on these forums, joe schmo still has no idea what a Palm Pre is let alone Plam inc but they know and want an iPhone 3G...

/opinionated rant
    If Sprint advertises the Pre like we've been led to believe, Joe Schmo will know.
    But the commercials have to get the job done.
    The heck with the 1940 'blitz' Sprint has to think 1984 and out-Apple Apple.
    personally I think they'd be better off spending that money to lower the cost of the pre. make it a 99 dollar phone and trust me it'll get plenty of free advertising

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Let's do some basic math, here. Let's say that Sprint feels like they can move about 1.5 million Pres by the end of the year. Some articles have said that the advertising buy for the Blackberry Storm and the iPhone were something like $100 to $150 million. In order to match that kind of campaign then Sprint needs to allocate between $66 and $100 for advertising per each unit sold? Is that really the best way to spend advertising dollars?

Or do you you do it by running your regular Sprint ads and showing the Pre in there? Perhaps the current ad campaign IS the ad campaign for the Pre.