Page 76 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2299
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    if your BB doesn't carry Sprint, just go thru telesales or thru a Sprint store, or kiosk. No problems there, plus I hope Sprint releases it before BB starts selling it.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Idea with the $999.99.

Lets say they're getting a lot of flack that people simply 100% can't get the Pre on a SERO plan.

They could potentially offer ANY current Sprint Customer the chance to upgrade to the Pre for the $299 rebated price, but they must sign up for a 2 year "Simply" plan contract of some kind to get it.

Those that want to keep their SERO or whatever plan they're on are free to, but will receive no rebate of any kind. They then set the price up extremely high to discourage it but also be able to say they're not preventing people from it.
    Wow...that's awesome, because technically, we can claim to own a 1000 dollar phone! How pimp is that?!
    999.99 USD, if true, puts it out of my reach as that is what an unlocked GSM is likely to cost.
    How am I supposed to make fun of Apple if I buy something so obviously overpriced?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    999.99 USD, if true, puts it out of my reach as that is what an unlocked GSM is likely to cost.
    For $999, I can do my part to make sure Palm fades away. Most of the people that have been waiting for "NOVA" or WebOS, and spend time on the interweb (who are the people who will know about the pre-release), don't sign contracts. Some do, but most of us go through phones a few times a year, when the next big thing comes out. What happens if the phone is just way too buggy and unusable? You signed a contract, your SOL. What about when the 2nd WebOS phone come out in a year? Too bad, we'll give you $75 off. For most people that just want a phone, and an organizer in one or what have you, 2 years with one phone isn't a big deal. For those of us who want this the day it's out, and plan on doing the same with "Pre 2" etc, signing contracts are out of the question.

For $1,000, Palm is going to loose every faithful customer that refuses to sign a two year contract for a cell phone provider that is constantly changing..

I really doubt that is the real price, and for Palm sake, I hope Sprint starts releasing some real info soon before people see that $1,000 price point for no contract and go running to something else.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    For $999, I can do my part to make sure Palm fades away. Most of the people that have been waiting for "NOVA" or WebOS, and spend time on the interweb (who are the people who will know about the pre-release), don't sign contracts. Some do, but most of us go through phones a few times a year, when the next big thing comes out. What happens if the phone is just way too buggy and unusable? You signed a contract, your SOL. What about when the 2nd WebOS phone come out in a year? Too bad, we'll give you $75 off. For most people that just want a phone, and an organizer in one or what have you, 2 years with one phone isn't a big deal. For those of us who want this the day it's out, and plan on doing the same with "Pre 2" etc, signing contracts are out of the question.

For $1,000, Palm is going to loose every faithful customer that refuses to sign a two year contract for a cell phone provider that is constantly changing..

I really doubt that is the real price, and for Palm sake, I hope Sprint starts releasing some real info soon before people see that $1,000 price point for no contract and go running to something else.
    Everyone, and especially you Centro85, needs to CALM DOWN. $999.99 will NOT be the Sprint price for people in contract, PERIOD.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    So help me understand here. Who would buy the Pre without a contract since it's CDMA? Software developers only? Just curious.
    The $1,000 price tag is to prevent ebay sellers running into stores and clearing them out. At that price they kill the secondary market as realistically, the only buyers would purchase within a contract. The $1,000 rings true to me as I see it only lasting a few months (the iPhone had a good size price drop after its launch too). It's purpose as I see it is to keep those phones at Sprint for only the new contract buyers. I'm curious to know how they can avoid users from buying the phone and paying the ETF. They may have special wording in their contract to avoid this.

I'm curious to know though, let's say this pricing does prove true, would anyone agree that with the $300 or $1,000 price points we may be looking at Sprint giving options to non-Everything Planholders? That would leave the $200 price tag for anyone that commits to the 2 year contract price with an Everything Plan. I'm kind of ruling out the Pre now that it looks like an Everything Plan will be necessary, but this pricing structure may hint that they'll have a higher purchase price to get the phone with your old plan.
    Obviously, you wouldn't buy non-contract at Best Buy. This is not what Sprint would charge though.

Sprint - HTC Touch Pro Cell Phone - Black - PPC6850SP Touch Pro is hundreds more than at Sprint.

Sprint - Samsung Instinct S30 Cell Phone - Touch of Copper - SPHM810GNS Instinct is 599. 449 at Sprint.

Best Buy typically does this. I remember the Diamond or Touch Pro (forget which one) being something weird like 999 noncontract when i was shopping for those at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    So I live in a state where best buys don't carry sprint. If this is true then it means entire states will be out of luck for this deal, which would cause all kinds of hell.

This has to either be false or just one very small piece of the story. June 7th is way too late to launch.
    move out of the sticks, gentlemen.
    With the earning reports due tomorrow. Sprint might pull a surprise and announce the Pre at the same time. That would give a kick to the talk on the Business channels.
    i already called my best buy contact and i got one on lock....if this is true....
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I'm so sick of rumors. I'm gonna take a break from this forum until the phone is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    i already called my best buy contact and i got one on lock....if this is true....
    They are holding one for you?
    Best buy did this with the Touch Pro on SPrint. I purchased it in the pre trial at Best Buy 2 weeks before the sprint store had it. Funny part is I took it the next day to Sprint store in Mid Town manhattan to get a case and the guys who worked there were freaked including the manager that best buy had it 2 weeks before them . they were going to best buy after work that day to purchase it. They were mad and said Sprint does this with phones . If it pre trials at best buy on June 7th then it will not be in sprint stores until 2 weeks later.

My comment on that is , and this is if this is true , how badly can Palm/Sprint mess up this phone. there absolutley shooting themselves in the foot . 1 phone per store ??? , how badly do you want to **** people off. Also if this is true it would prove that they dont have a supply ready if they are having 1-2 a store and that they just want to get some out in June so they can make there 2nd quarter deadline even if its just 1 a store. I as i said all alone was on the fence on this phone but if the pricing is true and the best buy pre trial is true , then maybe I will just skip this phone out of principal. Personally getting very pissed at Palm/Sprint with all the secrets and not saying any thing about this phone and its May already.

But in the end I doubt this is true. makes no sense.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 05/03/2009 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Everyone, and especially you Centro85, needs to CALM DOWN. $999.99 will NOT be the Sprint price for people in contract, PERIOD.
    Agreed!! This has no bearing on when the Pre will be available from Sprint or what the "real" price will be. And what if it is $999 at Best Buy out of contract - just buy it from Sprint! BB does this with every smartphone they sell (per cardfan's post). What is important here is the June 7 date - that means to me that the Pre should be available from telesales by the end of this month (current target - anything could happen).
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Boy Genuis not so smart ? Inside Sprint Now

Sprint inside source says all of this is complete BS basically.....I'd say take this whole issue with a huge grain of salt!
    let me be the first to call shenanigans on this.... i know the BB has done crazy pricings b4 but that is reduncuous....

why would Sprint who has exclusivity let BB get a soft launch that is so insignificant that it will not make an impact in the cities where they are launched... there are 2 BB here so i have a 1 in 2 chances of getting one.... not to mention that there are @ least 200 sprint employees in this city.....
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Wow...that's awesome, because technically, we can claim to own a 1000 dollar phone! How pimp is that?!
    It isnt as great as you would think, it just makes you worry about scratching it more!
    Thanks for posting that timGSU. I have my doubts about that BGR story as well...