Page 75 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2299
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    $999 just seems like bs, is sprint so desperate to offer new costumes a much cheaper price compared to current subscribers,

SERO so yes
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Ok, I'll bite first, whats a pre "trial launch"?
    Thats wut im wondering. At least one pre per store for bestbuy?? 999.99 is steep even for phone outright. The info seems fishy to me so im going to take with a grain of salt like every rumor. I personally dont see the pre releasing in the first week of june, but maybe the one or two weeks before the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    $1000 outright price !
    No way, they'll lose potential customers with that price.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    Best Buy limited supply release June 7th?

Oh yeah, outright price of $999! ($199 with contract, maybe)

Best Buy to trial launch Palm Pre on June 7th : Boy Genius Report
    999 thats is some bs
    I'm so sick of rumors. I'm gonna take a break from this forum until the phone is released.
    The $999 thing is probably to make sure all sales BB gets involves signing or renewing contracts. I'm sure people will be able to get a Pre off contract through telesales, sprint.com or palm.com for less than that. Since this is a "trial" launch in limited quantities they only want customers who're willing to sign a contract.
    The prices make no sense so I choose not to believe it.
    For those still under contract and not eligible for discounts, it seems it'd be cheaper to cancel, eat the ETF and get a new contract. Hell it'd be cheaper for people out of contract if we're forced to upgrade our plans.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    A trial launch is used by carriers to get a few phones out there to make sure the point-of-sale system, network & phone software are all working properly before throwing the phones out in mass numbers. Having said that I'm still surprised that Sprint would turn to Best Buy for that instead of the Premiere Customers. I'm also pretty sure that the $299 price (if it's ture) is the pre-rebate price for existing customers. The rebate amount depends on how long you've had your existing phone: $75 for 1 year or $150 for 2 years.

I really hope this rumor is false and that the Pre shows up before that!
    $999.99 sounds like a placeholder to me. It's possible that the non-contract price will be different. Either that, or I go with the theory that Sprint simply doesn't want the phone sold without a contract.

I'm also going with Loogie that the $299 price is pre-rebate (no pun intended) for current customers. I think Sprint wants this thing in the hands of its current customers, and also to get people moved to Simply Everything plans. For alot of subs, that's probably an increase in ARPU. Probably, you go to Best Buy, pay $299 if you're a Sprint sub, and activate on the spot into an SE plan. If you're entitled to an upgrade rebate, you get that either immediately or on your Sprint account.

I'm also guessing that this is Best Buy's trial launch, not the Pre's. This would seem to jive with the rumor that there's one release on June 7, and another at a different time. Perhaps it's earlier for Sprint stores/online, or perhaps it's later. But, I can't imagine that Sprint would sell this through Best Buy _before_ selling it themselves--or am I missing a precedent for such a thing?

Yeesh.
    So many of the "leaks" have been things taking shots at the pre. Sounds like some imaginative apple fans to me.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I'm so sick of rumors. I'm gonna take a break from this forum until the phone is released.
    I hear ya. I have been trying to do this but with utter failure. I need more strength!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    I hear ya. I have been trying to do this but with utter failure. I need more strength!
    I have too, I feel like I need a damn support group so I wont relapse on the pre fourms, lol..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    So help me understand here. Who would buy the Pre without a contract since it's CDMA? Software developers only? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    So help me understand here. Who would buy the Pre without a contract since it's CDMA? Software developers only? Just curious.
    The off-contract price is that for people who don't qualify for a contract renewal/upgrade. Like those that got a new Sprint contract before hearing about the Pre.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Those who have the money and want to be able to jump ship without penalty when a new, better phone shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loogie View Post
    Those who have the money and want to be able to jump ship without penalty when a new, better phone shows up.
    Although one could argue that the penalty isn't worth the price you get for freedom.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    At that price I whole-heartedly agree. It would probably be cheaper to just wait and pay the pro-rated early termination penalty.
    rarely does Best Buy launch phones earlier than the carriers themselves. hope Pre comes out earlier.
    So I live in a state where best buys don't carry sprint. If this is true then it means entire states will be out of luck for this deal, which would cause all kinds of hell.

This has to either be false or just one very small piece of the story. June 7th is way too late to launch.